IGNORED

Adultery- Should You tell your wife or husband, before ask God for forgiveness?

Ogner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

So then, if you bring your gift to the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present your gift. 
(Mt.5:23,24)

For example, a wife has committed adultery. Should a wife tell her husband about adultery, before ask God for forgiveness?

If not, You think He'll forgive?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

no and yes.

• Loved it! 1

25 minutes ago, other one said:

no and yes.

Okay, why should I believe you? Then prove it...

You asked me what I think.....   I'm very familiar with myself, so what's to prove.

8 minutes ago, other one said:

You asked me what I think.....   I'm very familiar with myself, so what's to prove.

But Jesus say: First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present your gift

You say: don't care about your brother. God can give dispensations for anything... 

Who knows better than Jesus? You? 

If my wife cheated on me and decided it was wrong and would never do it again, I would not ever want to know. She should just take it to God.  Your example shows the other person does not know, but the Bible verse seems to be saying the other person has a grudge against you.......  so the conversation gets confusing.

I just answered your question....  accept or let go.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

5 hours ago, Ogner said:

So then, if you bring your gift to the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother and then come and present your gift. 
(Mt.5:23,24)

For example, a wife has committed adultery. Should a wife tell her husband about adultery, before ask God for forgiveness?

If not, You think He'll forgive?

I think the context of the verse is about offering and not repentance (seeking forgiveness). Jesus did not say go and reconcile with your brother before asking forgiveness. It is talking about presenting gifts. Actually going back and reconciling with brother is part of repentance. Repentance has 2 parts - seeking forgiveness + turning away from evil. Here, the person should ask for forgiveness and set it right with brother as well.

The point is, we should repent of our sins before trying to act like doing something for the Lord. In today's world, a person can engage in many Church activities and people might think the person is great. But the person might be cheating spouse. Lord is saying, first show repentance. Which is seeking forgiveness and turn away from evil before coming to Church and doing all the nice things.

• This is Worthy 2

48 minutes ago, other one said:

If my wife cheated on me and decided it was wrong and would never do it again, I would not ever want to know. She should just take it to God.  Your example shows the other person does not know, but the Bible verse seems to be saying the other person has a grudge against you.......  so the conversation gets confusing.

I just answered your question....  accept or let go.

First of all, God knows she was lying to you and that's bad.

If your wife cheated on you and she should just take it to God.  How would you feel if you'll know it? Sooner or later, you'll be seen for who she really is. then what? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

IF we sin against our brother or sister, we must tell them .  Even if one sins against us............JESUS said Rebuke them  if they hear you amen.

IF any has cheated against their spouse.  It must be told to the spouse.   IF we know our spouse has cheated against us , but wont say it

STILL we must go to them as the pattern JESUS sets show us .  ITS for their own good and for ours.  that any error be corrected, confessed and forsaken.

cheating is so bad, Jesus made mention that if a husband or wife puts away the other , LEST FOR FORNICATION , and marries another he commits adultery

so does the one who marries the other.   This is serious.   IF one has cheated it must be confronted.  I know one said he would not want to know.

And i don't attack him at all.  But i do say we must KEEP JESUS pattern in all things.   And one of them was if a brother or sister trespass against you

You go and tell him the fault .  Confess ye your faults one to another and pray that ye may be healed.  

For their own good and yours , IT must be made known .  

50 minutes ago, Ogner said:

First of all, God knows she was lying to you and that's bad.

If your wife cheated on you and she should just take it to God.  How would you feel if you'll know it? Sooner or later, you'll be seen for who she really is. then what? 

That makes no sense at all.   . pffft