IGNORED

Where Is God in Hurricane Harvey?

SavedByGrace1981

41 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I love to say what DAVID once said...............OH LORD take not they SPIRIT FROM ME.....lest I be just like those who got down into the pit.

SEEMS david KNEW the only goodness he even had in him was THE SPIRIT.   OH HOW TRUE THIS IS AND STILL IS TODAY.  only most egos..........THEY DONT SEE IT.

David also said this:

Psalm 139:223Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.…

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

David also said this:

Psalm 139:223Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.…

Jewels that was beautiful.  exactly how to pray also.   man that is pure beauty.   You sing it sister.  you sing it and praise the LORD.

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

To the woman he ( God ) said,

“I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;
    in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be contrary to your husband,
    but he shall rule over you.”

And to Adam he ( God ) said,

“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife
    and have eaten of the tree
of which I commanded you,
    ‘You shall not eat of it,’
cursed is the ground because of you;
    in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you;
    and you shall eat the plants of the field.
By the sweat of your face
    you shall eat bread,
till you return to the ground,
    for out of it you were taken;
for you are dust,
    and to dust you shall return.”

Personally, I think it amazing that Satan did not first entice Eve to partake of a second tree.

It seems to me to have been an incredible blunder.

"Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life."

Perhaps the tactic chosen resulted because Satan's strategy  never included any form  of success for mankind at all; especially not  one of eternal standing. Instead it seems to me he simply wanted disruption and turmoil because of His own fallen countenance.

No , satan wanted them to have notihing to do with that tree of life...WHICH is CHRIST.   just ponder that.  I know what you meant.   but ponder that one a bit.

HE don't desire life for anything or anyone ,

Aint that something though , that TREE was available for adam and eve.   they could have eaten from it .  EVERY TREE CEPT the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

After the fall , though , that is when satan would have tempted them on that tree too.   God took them out of the garden BEFORE that could occur.

GOES to SHOW an allegory too.  THAT TREE IS CHRIST  sinners who have not been cleansed , that follow him not....THEY HAVE NO ACCESS TO IT

but those who follow the lamb and are made white by his blood.  THOSE DO. 

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Aint that something though , that TREE was available for adam and eve.   they could have eaten from it .  EVERY TREE CEPT the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

After the fall , though , that is when satan would have tempted them on that tree too.   God took them out of the garden BEFORE that could occur.

GOES to SHOW an allegory too.  THAT TREE IS CHRIST  sinners who have not been cleansed , that follow him not....THEY HAVE NO ACCESS TO IT

but those who follow the lamb and are made white by his blood.  THOSE DO. 

ITs like an old saying...........the first adam lost all access to the TREE OF LIFE,

oh but the second one , THE LORD HAS MADE THE WAY BACK INTO HIS OWN TREE.  AMEN.    SING THAT ONE people.  SING IT

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,712
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just a further speculation from the peanut gallery: 

There were two trees of significance in the garden. One could not been used for nourishment and enjoyment because it brought with it awareness of good and evil and would steal away innocence. What of the other tree,  the tree of eternal life?

I speculate that; if man was eternal to start with then the consuming of fruit from the tree of eternal life  would have no effect on them, and would not be anything to have to prohibit.

But; as soon as God introduced His own awesome wrath upon man for becoming aware of himself and  no longer an innocent, and God brought death to mankind's and all of creation' presence, then the eating of that scecond tree would have produced profond consequence. The consequence would be a created being that has knowledge of good and evil plus also having eternal life. Seems to me that does make, or would have made, mankind like God. Mankind  would be the equal of God, all without the purity of God's attributes.

Why would Satan not want to have accomplished that if He could have? Perhaps He wanted to but had to first have the tree of knowledge  consumed, then the tree of eternal life second. Presuming satan to have had time to introduce both to the creatures  mankind why did he not do it? I suspect it is because satan is such a coveting and jealous being He could not stand to have mankind being independent of Him even as the creature man might become independent of God.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Anything that brings death is a result of sin. Or do you think there were hurricanes, tornadoes and other natural disasters before the Fall?

They are only disasters when they interact with humans. 

Hurricanes for example are necessary for a well functioning ocean system.  

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

They are only disasters when they interact with humans. 

Hurricanes for example are necessary for a well functioning ocean system.  

Which is an overstatement.   The good things that it does to the environment are dwarfed by the destruction it causes in areas where those good things are not seen and really offer no major benefit to humanity in the grand scheme.   There is not much a chance that the residents of Houston will, at some point the future, be thankful for Hurricane Harvey.

Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and other natural disasters were not engineered into creation by God.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Ya know, it wasn't God who built cities in the paths of hurricanes, coastal shores, river banks, valleys and other places where floods and tsunamis occur.

Build your home in a forest, don't be shocked when there is a forest fire. Build near fault lines, expect earthquakes. On top of or below a cliff, why be surprised when there is a landslide? Tragedies happen, some of them have statisical probabilities, it is just part of living in a cursed creation.

I have to admit, I am a bit offended, that insurance policies sometime will not protect you from what they call "acts of God".  The rest of the time, do they even acknowledge that God exists?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

All states are vulnerable to some kind of disaster. Earthquakes,fires, tsunamis,epidemics, hurricanes, tornadoes or floods.