• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.86
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, other one said:

The only prediction I personally have made that didn't come true was the return of Jesus in 1988. I still think he should have been here biblically speaking...,.

When 2012 came up and everyone was preaching end of the world I spent a lot of time telling people that was not what the end of the Mayan calender was about. There was things on the spiritual level that was going to happen but basically it just started a new cycle...ll. it was very hurtful when you and several others just threw me in with all the others and basically called me heretic.

I'm telling everyone it is not the end of the world, though it may be the start of it for if Satan and his brood is thrown down here into our dimension as Rev seems to say, people need to know what they are.  To yourself and a few others here, your walk with the Spirit should protect you with no problems,,,,,   much of the people who just drop by to read, that is not the situation.

I would  have to ask on a slightly different subject but related; who is main stream Christanity?

I don't concern myself with date setters.  The last question you wrote is very perceptive.  I'd like to see who people consider as mainstream.  Surely not Billy Graham when he says you don't need Jesus to be saved, and none of the "name it and claim it" crowd.  So who do the people here consider mainstream?  The pope?

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, Sister said:

Hi Fidei Defensor

When I found the book of Enoch, It was the H R Charles Oxford translation.  I didn't research where it was found, or when translated, but just went straight to the book and read it.  You can look up yourself how it came to be, but I believe this is the 1st Enoch book, which is divided into 5 sections and containing 108 chapters.

Then only early last year, I discovered another Enoch writing, found in the Forgotten Books of Eden website, and this is called the "The Book of the Secrets of Enoch", by Rutherford H Platt, Jr 1926.  This book is shorter, but goes into more depth in some things, and completely harmonises with the first book of Enoch I read.   These are the only two books of Enoch I have.

But Other One, informed me of another book of Enoch called Enoch 3 By Ishmael Ben Elisha The High Priest, edited & translated by Hugo Odeberg.  We both agreed that this Enoch, does not contain the same spirit as the first two Enoch books mentioned, .... I couldn't follow it, and it says that Ishmael was taken to heaven, instead of Enoch, and it's a strange writing.  It almost seems Islamic to me, with contradictions.  I don't accept this one, and this could be the one that has Jewish Mystics attached to it.  Any one can read for themselves and do the comparison.

When I first picked up the holy bible, I didn't research on when and where it was found and translated etc, I just read it, to see what the message was, and knowing nothing about it's origin, but only discovering what was contained inside, I found it a treasure, giving me many convictions, and life changing.

Having said all that, if our foundations are right, we should be able to just pick up any book, and see if it aligns or contradicts the Word of God.  It has to be compared to the Holy scriptures.  If it is pointing into another direction, then it doesn't contain the same spirit of God, but some other spirit attached to it.  So the best thing to do is just read first, without outside influences, and judge for yourself based on what's written and where it's pointing to.  God gave us a wonderful brain to discover and learn for ourselves whether something is good or bad, but others constantly want to make our minds up for us before we even begin, hoping to block us into doing our own investigation and to trust their opinions instead.

At Amazon: Book of Enoch

This has a running commentary that corrects some of the minor mistakes in 1 Enoch.  The author has less confidence in 2 Enoch and does his best to point out errors, and little confidence in 3 Enoch which are all included.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I don't concern myself with date setters.  The last question you wrote is very perceptive.  I'd like to see who people consider as mainstream.  Surely not Billy Graham when he says you don't need Jesus to be saved, and none of the "name it and claim it" crowd.  So who do the people here consider mainstream?  The pope?

it's been almost a week and no answers, I think I'll have to start a thread and ask.

• Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, other one said:

it's been almost a week and no answers, I think I'll have to start a thread and ask.

I think that's a great idea.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 9/29/2017 at 5:24 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

At Amazon: Book of Enoch

This has a running commentary that corrects some of the minor mistakes in 1 Enoch.  The author has less confidence in 2 Enoch and does his best to point out errors, and little confidence in 3 Enoch which are all included.

Hi Saved.One.by.Grace

That's interesting.  I found 2nd Enoch to be most valuable.

Out of curiosity, have you read both books?

12 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Saved.One.by.Grace

That's interesting.  I found 2nd Enoch to be most valuable.

Out of curiosity, have you read both books?

No I haven't.  My comments relate only the author's own opinion of the work/worth of the three books of Enoch.  I've only gone through 1 Enoch and commentary.  The Holy Spirit directed me to read other books/other authors tangentially related to 1 Enoch.  That is where I'm at now.  I will get back to 2 and 3 Enoch in a few weeks I expect.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:21 AM, other one said:

The only prediction I personally have made that didn't come true was the return of Jesus in 1988. I still think he should have been here biblically speaking...,.

You still think he should have been here biblically speaking? 

So the fact that it didnt happen didnt cause you to re-investigate  your bible  interpretation?  How is that possible?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

29 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

No I haven't.  My comments relate only the author's own opinion of the work/worth of the three books of Enoch.  I've only gone through 1 Enoch and commentary.  The Holy Spirit directed me to read other books/other authors tangentially related to 1 Enoch.  That is where I'm at now.  I will get back to 2 and 3 Enoch in a few weeks I expect.

Saved.One.by.Grace

Thank you and God bless you in your quest for the truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

You still think he should have been here biblically speaking? 

So the fact that it didnt happen didnt cause you to re-investigate  your bible  interpretation?  How is that possible?

Israel a country in 1948.....   generation that sees the leaves turn green....   last generation.....   generation in the desert was 40 years.....   simple as that.    Jesus is late.

52 minutes ago, other one said:

Israel a country in 1948.....   generation that sees the leaves turn green....   last generation.....   generation in the desert was 40 years.....   simple as that.    Jesus is late.

Does generation have multiple meanings so that this passage of scripture is being misapplied to make certain evangelists richer by concentrating on last days messaging?