• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

38 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Does generation have multiple meanings so that this passage of scripture is being misapplied to make certain evangelists richer by concentrating on last days messaging?

hey, are you asking me.....    no I don't think Hal Lindsey was just trying to make money....   and it made sense to me even before he wrote Late Great Planet Earth.   It just made so much sense.....

Seriously, it caused me to not take anything in the Bible for granted in blocks smaller than a whole chapter.    and just because a word in the old testament is the same as the new testament doesn't always mean that they are talking about the same thing.

This really isn't much about the book of Enoch though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, other one said:

Israel a country in 1948.....   generation that sees the leaves turn green....   last generation.....   generation in the desert was 40 years.....   simple as that.    Jesus is late.

other one

it's not 40 yrs but 70 yrs.  See Jeremiah 25.

6 hours ago, Sister said:

other one

it's not 40 yrs but 70 yrs.  See Jeremiah 25.

so the end is before next year is over?

in the desert, the generation that was alive and not a child wandered around for 40 years with God keeping them up....  everyone had died except the two that had gone into spy out the land 40 years before.   

the problem is that I and Hal both put scripture together that we should not do.....   even 70 years will be hard to fit things in before that time is up, so when do we see the green sprouts....  1967 when Jerusalem is not being trodden down by the Gentiles....   that puts the end by 2037.

The Jeremiah 25 thing is 70 years but I don't see it tying it to a generation.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, other one said:

hey, are you asking me.....    no I don't think Hal Lindsey was just trying to make money....   and it made sense to me even before he wrote Late Great Planet Earth.   It just made so much sense.....

Seriously, it caused me to not take anything in the Bible for granted in blocks smaller than a whole chapter.    and just because a word in the old testament is the same as the new testament doesn't always mean that they are talking about the same thing.

This really isn't much about the book of Enoch though.

Hal Lindsey humbly admits his mistake in date setting.  If he just reports and comments on the news of the day, I don't particularly have a problem with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Abdicate said:

P.S. In order to "start the clock" as it were, you have to see what Jesus is referring to.

Matthew 24:33-34 (KJV)
So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

What are "these things" He speaks of? Well, you have to go back to verse 3 when the disciples asked two questions:

#1 Tell us, when shall these things be?

#2 and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The first question again points to another "these things" so you have to go to verse 1 and 2:

Matthew 24:1-2 (KJV)
And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Jesus spoke about 70 AD here (no I'm not a preterist!) and they lumped the words Jesus used to indicate the end of the world, which are two separate events - unless you're a preterist. So the next thing to think about is, what part applies to Jesus response to questions #1 and which apply to question #2?

Right off the bat, Jesus warns about being deceived.  So, what's the answer? No idea. It sure looks like Jesus skipped the first question and went to the second - which He certainly could, just like speakers do all the time when asked multiple questions... "let me answer your second question first" but we don't know what's what Jesus did. But I think He did because of verse 21 when He says:

Matthew 24:21 (KJV)
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

I think WWII alone outdid what happened to Jerusalem in 70 AD... Me, myself and I think Jesus skipped question #1.

But that's just my 2 cents.

I would think the Jewish Temple would have to be rebuilt for the clock to start.

16 hours ago, other one said:

Israel a country in 1948.....   generation that sees the leaves turn green....   last generation.....   generation in the desert was 40 years.....   simple as that.    Jesus is late.

Ah I see you have greater problems than you realize.

I dont think you are in any position to tell Jesus Christ he is late.

God is perfect. He is always right on time.

You though, are just a mere mortal soul that should ask for his wisdom and forgiveness too for that matter. You have miscalculated and accused the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY of something he is not guilty of

. God is NEVER late.

We see through the glass dimly. It is we that err and not Sovereign LORD

Edited by Guest

I see you have a little trouble telling when your leg is being pulled concerning the Jesus late thing....

12 minutes ago, other one said:

I see you have a little trouble telling when your leg is being pulled concerning the Jesus late thing....

I should be a mind reader rather than you making your intent clear? Oh ok.:huh:

19 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I should be a mind reader rather than you making your intent clear? Oh ok.:huh:

I've been saying that here for years....   I thought everyone knew...   I made such a fuss about 1988 back in the mid 1980's that it was kind of embarrassing...     but I was just coming out of dancing with the devil (not a joke) and thought I knew everything.   After building a big white board to put all the things in prophecy in place I started out to be a hero.....  after about a year I got tired of arguing with myself and decided to just wait it out and see what happens.

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

When met with pointed opposition, he does not like to accurately explain himself.  Everything becomes mysterious or dismissed with "pfft."

Most people have difficulty with that portion of Matthew 24 and they have difficulty with it because they want to be able to stick a definitive time period in there so they can set a date.  Most people take "generation" and then attach it to 1948 and then try and extrapolate a generational time frame.  The "generation" clock does not start until the people Jesus is prophesying to, in this scripture, see these signs.  When Jesus says "this generation," He is referring to the generation that sees the signs He has just described.  This clock has not started yet.

:P    pffft is all you deserve.