• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, vlad said:

Dear brother, I am trying to be that way. You have just put my feelings in words. Thank you.

Bless you Vlad.......I'm a sister, but that doesn't matter.......praise the Lord that you belong to Him and that He has a remnant all over the world!  :)

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

There are biblical outstanding pastors still around. Not all are bad. I think you know where I stand on scripture. I have learned under sound teachers.

There is nothing wrong with learning from those who have studied for 40 yrs longer than I have. I follow John MacArthur mostly. I dont have a sound church in my area. I also like rc sproul and Voddie Bauchman. Sometimes I like to listen to Charles Stanley or Paul Washer.

I spend time in the word as well. That is very important!!  I learned proper apologetics and hermeneutics from the ones I mentioned.

But there is something to be said about a powerful sermon exalting the LORD  and convicting sin! We all need that.

I wonder though how we would test other books & teachings until we have a very good understanding of scripture first and know our God well.  I'm sure that it's not impossible to still find some profitable teachings out there Blueyed.....but overall I would begin again and look at scripture with fresh eyes and be taught by the Lord, not through lenses of how the majority of churches and ministries are teaching.  As long as we are led by the Spirit if He wants to teach us something through another writing, and we don't let the teachings of others take the place of holy scripture in our life, since our goal is not about amassing knowledge but it's about being transformed into His likeness and getting to know our God better, rather than just knowing about Him.  The two go hand in hand (along with other things).....because it says we shall be like Him when we see Him as He is.

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Heleadethme,

Yes I agree it is going to be very horrendous for mankind, so much suffering and hardship. Still we know that God always has His Hands outstretched in mercy, and often when the everyday is disrupted then people tend to look to God.

regards, Marilyn. 

Bless you sister, amen.......I believe there will be great glory on His people in those days and the gospel lifted high.  We're not going out with a whimper, He will give us great grace to meet the challenge, the enemy will never have the upper hand in truth......maybe a latter rain poured out.....in any case however the Lord works it out, He is coming for a victorious bride refined in the fire and I believe the battle of Armageddon is a figure of a spiritual head-on confrontation that is coming between the gospel and spiritual wickedness in high places.....pictured again in Revelations with how the two witnesses confront evil.  Jesus was chomping at the bit saying what will I if it be already kindled?......a hint of our warrior King eager to plunge into battle and overcome the enemy when He returns as a Lion. Israel is His battle-axe in the natural realm, but His church is His battle-axe spiritually speaking.  Book of Esther is a picture of how the Lord will "arm" His people in the latter days when antichrist (Haman) plots against us.....and we know our weapons of warfare are not carnal....but mighty to the pulling down of strongholds.

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

.but overall I would begin again and look at scripture with fresh eyes and be taught by the Lord, not through lenses of how the majority of churches and ministries are teaching.

I am not talking about the majority of churches. The men I allow to teach me are set apart from the emergent wof prosperity new age gnostic main stream category..

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

As long as we are led by the Spirit if He wants to teach us something through another writing, and we don't let the teachings of others take the place of holy scripture in our life, since our goal is not about amassing knowledge but it's about being transformed into His likeness and getting to know our God better, rather than just knowing about Him.  The two go hand in hand (along with other things).....because it says we shall be like Him when we see Him as He is.

Your preaching to the choir. :)

I dont understand where you are coming from but I dont need a "talking to" .  I am not a baby in my faith. Nor am I a baby in my studies.

I weigh things out with the help of the indwelling spirit. I am promised that he will teach me the way to walk a straight road. I test the spirits with the word of Almighty God.

We all need to be UNDER others who have taken their responsibilities  leading,teaching, and protecting  their flock honorably and with much good fruit to report.

I never said to replace private reading and studies. I suggested a family of dedicated God honoring saints. Some of us have to look for a virtual family as that is the only option we have at the time

My goal is to not only know Gods heart and his many characteristics to his personhood; but to also learn as much as I can to do so. I dont understand why you pointed that out anyways!  I suggested some revered godly men to consider and you get behind the pulpit!! I dont appreciate your talking down to me and schooling me as if I am some young unlearned pupil. I made a mistake talking to you. Forgive me.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

51 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I am not talking about the majority of churches. The men I allow to teach me are set apart from the emergent wof prosperity new age gnostic main stream category..

I dont understand where you are coming from but I dont need a "talking to" .  I am not a baby in my faith. Nor am I a baby in my studies.

I weigh things out with the help of the indwelling spirit. I am promised that he will teach me the way to walk a straight road. I test the spirits with the word of Almighty God.

We all need to be UNDER others who have taken their responsibilities  leading,teaching, and protecting  their flock honorably and with much good fruit to report.

I never said to replace private reading and studies. I suggested a family of dedicated God honoring saints. Some of us have to look for a virtual family as that is the only option we have at the time

My goal is to not only know Gods heart and his many characteristics to his personhood; but to also learn as much as I can to do so. I dont understand why you pointed that out anyways!  I suggested some revered godly men to consider and you get behind the pulpit!! I dont appreciate your talking down to me and schooling me as if I am some young unlearned pupil. I made a mistake talking to you. Forgive me.

I am having a problem with many of your posts. I feel that many are haughty.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

I am having a problem with many of your posts. I feel that many are haughty.

I may feel like you do if I were one who uses others material most of the time to answer biblical content. Perhaps it is envy? Study to make yourself approved so that you are not ashamed!!

You have had a problem with me from day one. The first time I responded to you. Do you remember what you said to me?

I dont value your opinion. Move on

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I may feel like you do if I were one who uses others material most of the time to answer biblical content. Perhaps it is envy? Study to make yourself approved so that you are not ashamed!!

You have had a problem with me from day one. The first time I responded to you. Do you remember what you said to me?

I dont value your opinion. Move on

Your reply tells it all.

Galatians 5:22-23

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Your reply tells it all.

Galatians 5:22-23

Look in the mirror!!

My reply is that of one who is fed up with your hypocritical judgemental behavior.

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Just speaking my piece, the same as anyone, Blueyed.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

8 hours ago, vlad said:

Right. Many people here do not like indulgence, ornamentation, and some other things but the tradition here is to think about oneself without protest since those who still do it are well aware of their sins. An open protest (some people do protest) only brings discord, scandal and confrontation. I  oppose it in a small way, that is not publicly, in person-to-person conversation. What is to be corrected will be corrected gradually. The best protest is one's own example.

Is the Brick Cathedral you visit an Old Believer's Church (As you probably know, the Old believers who refused the Major Reforms of Patriarch Nikon, 1605–81; Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church from 1652 to 1658 who changed crossing yourself with two fingers to three, changed the shape of the Orthodox cross, used different Russian word for Jesus and etc)? 

Edited by Fidei Defensor