• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

10 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The Russian Orthodox Cathedrals are opulent and beautiful. The onion domes of gold, the Suppedaneum Cross (Russian Orthodox, Byzantine Cross with three bars). The interiors are like from another world, the seraphim, the icons, and etc; all very alluring. So I understand your love of the cathedral. 

Thank you for taking time to dthe research on Charismatic Churches in Russia.

For those who aren't familiar, Russian Cross/Suppedaneum Cross:

4274520371_ee355bb81e.jpg

Hi Fidei Defensor, That splendor does not attract me at all. I just pay no attention to it. It is a tradition here but personally I prefer modesty. The local cathedral is rather modest in comparison with Moscow. The clergy is also different in different places here. That is not my business. It is rather their problem as I can not change it. 

14 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

and dont' settle for any second hand teaching of scriptures from anyone or any church or ministry. 

There are biblical outstanding pastors still around. Not all are bad. I think you know where I stand on scripture. I have learned under sound teachers.

There is nothing wrong with learning from those who have studied for 40 yrs longer than I have. I follow John MacArthur mostly. I dont have a sound church in my area. I also like rc sproul and Voddie Bauchman. Sometimes I like to listen to Charles Stanley or Paul Washer.

I spend time in the word as well. That is very important!!  I learned proper apologetics and hermeneutics from the ones I mentioned.

But there is something to be said about a powerful sermon exalting the LORD  and convicting sin! We all need that.

• Group:  Advanced Member

8 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

May I suggest gracetoyou.org? You can also find grace to you on youtube.com 

John MacArthur is a biblical reformed theology pastor. I have grown leaps and bounds learning from his sermons.

Dear sister, thank you. I attend sermons online from time to time. I will try to read about biblical reformed theology (where you belong I guess) right now.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

8 minutes ago, vlad said:

Hi Fidei Defensor, That splendor does not attract me at all. I just pay no attention to it. It is a tradition here but personally I prefer modesty. The local cathedral is rather modest in comparison with Moscow. The clergy is also different in different places here. That is not my business. It is rather their problem as I can not change it. 

What is the Cathedral like? Is it Cistercian like, white washed or brick? 

13 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

What is the Cathedral like? Is it Cistercian like, white washed or brick? 

May be it is not quite Cistersian but without ornamentation, brick. In some higher places there is celibacy but some of them use very expensive cars. Some are extremely modest. I remember one of the clergy told me that affluent people offer very rich gifts for the church in the hope to be saved. That is ridiculous. Her idea is that a Christian church must not be rich.

39 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

May I suggest gracetoyou.org? You can also find grace to you on youtube.com 

John MacArthur is a biblical reformed theology pastor. I have grown leaps and bounds learning from his sermons.

Thank you. I have read about TULIP and all. I often wonder why people spend so much time on the differences while what is in common makes Christians one body. And that returns me to "what would Jesus Christ do?" I accept and love you all. Really when I read it I like it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

May be it is not quite Cistersian but without ornamentation, brick. In some higher places there is celibacy but some of them use very expensive cars. Some are extremely modest. I remember one of the clergy told me that affluent people offer very rich gifts for the church in the hope to be saved. That is ridiculous. Her idea is that a Christian church must not be rich.

Ah indulgences, familiar to us Westerners, we celebrate on Oct 31st of this year 500 Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, and protest against indulgences (buying salvation) and the Bible getting into the hands of commoners. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

15 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Marilyn C........we might be getting some things mixed up and I don't know if I am even understanding you properly here.......only seeing in part and knowing in part, but I believe there is a difference between the white throne judgment of the dead and the wrath of God being poured out on the world.  Wrath is wrath and as I read the scriptures about this the whole unbelieving world is appointed unto wrath without respect of persons.  God judging the nations is for how they treated the gospel and His saints in the tribulation as well as for turning on Israel after a time of it being mutually convenient to pretend to be at peace with her.  Unbelieving Israel will suffer for her sins too, but thankfully the Lord has chosen to forgive and redeem her for His namesake and so will ultimately defeat her enemies.  For HIS namesake, and for the sake of the patriarchs, and in spite of being undeserving of it, just as we all are undeserving of redemption.  Hope I'm wrong but for my part I don't see any other way around that Israel sadly will welcome the false messiah, antichrist, and collaborate with him in the tribulation until he turns on her along with the false ecumenical church under Rome.  We need to put off any rose coloured glasses and be prepared to forgive and love all our enemies at that time, especially the Jews.......and let our blood cry mercy too along with Yeshua's.

And just to say, practically speaking, defeating governments and armies means defeat of the whole nations.......even mothers, wives and children at home and not directly involved in fighting, who have sons and husbands and fathers in government and armies suffer due to their loss and I don't just mean grief but in practical ways....economy in tatters, societal chaos, crime and famine often follows war....and how much more with the restrainer out of the way.  I'm not sure it's useful to put fine points on what judgment means.  It's just plain bad news for any nation or person who is under it....soberly reflecting that there will not be many survivors in either Israel or nations when the Lord returns to set up His kingdom, I think scripture says only one third of mankind will survive, if memory serves.

Hi Heleadethme,

Yes I agree it is going to be very horrendous for mankind, so much suffering and hardship. Still we know that God always has His Hands outstretched in mercy, and often when the everyday is disrupted then people tend to look to God.

regards, Marilyn. 

5 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Ah indulgences, familiar to us Westerners, we celebrate on Oct 31st of this year 500 Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, and protest against indulgences (buying salvation) and the Bible getting into the hands of commoners. 

Right. Many people here do not like indulgence, ornamentation, and some other things but the tradition here is to think about oneself without protest since those who still do it are well aware of their sins. An open protest (some people do protest) only brings discord, scandal and confrontation. I  oppose it in a small way, that is not publicly, in person-to-person conversation. What is to be corrected will be corrected gradually. The best protest is one's own example.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

What I have said in my previous letter has a local meaning of course. It is better tat way here in the local circumstances. What you are doing elsewhere is absolutely right.