What our your thoughts on smoking

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

This is a good post in that we all are sinners and need the Lord for restoration.

When we have repented and asked Christ to be our Lord and personal Savior, and have asked the Holy Spirit of God to come make a home in our hearts, It is the Holy Spirit of God who works in us and also gently shows us what we need to do to, to let go of, get closer and closer to Him. But in our daily relationship with Him we must ask Him for His help. it all begins by placing our trust in Him and His word  and believing by faith that He will help us and see us through every trial we are faced with here on earth. The more we place our trust and faith in him, the more He is abled to work in us.

We dissable God helping us by our lack of faith and trust in Him and His Word.

Until we meet with the Lord in heaven our carnal nature is in constant battle with us.

But God shows us how to become overcomes.

We all have specific sins to overcome, but God can help us overcome them all .

Part of growing in Christ is getting transformed into His new creation, one step at a time.

The things of the flesh should lesson and the things of the spirit should grow.

The word of God is our guideline, our example to follow.

What may seem impossible to us becomes possible with Christ Jesus who strengthens us.

Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

God can change the vilest of repentant sinners into His saint.

God is not a respecter of persons

Acts 10:34

33So I sent for you immediately, and you were kind enough to come. Now then, we are all here in the presence of God to listen to everything the Lord has instructed you to tell us.” 34Then Peter began to speak: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, 35but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right.…

Romans 2:11

God's Righteous Judgment
10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism. 12All who sin apart from the Law will also perish apart from the Law, and all who sin under the Law will be judged by the Law.…

God values a person faith=faithfulness towards Him.

Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

"Jesus said, For all that is secret will eventually be brought into the open, and everything that is concealed will be brought to light and made known to all.For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light." (Luke 8:17) 

"Jesus said, But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts and witchrafts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21) 

Galatians 5:22:

. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no Law.…

2 Corinthians 5:21

Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God. 21God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

1 Peter 2:22
21For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps: 22“He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth.” 23When they heaped abuse on Him, He did not retaliate; when He suffered, He made no threats, but entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly.…

Something to think about: whatever takes more importance than God and His Word in our lives is idolatry.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

John 7:24

Galatians 6:1

1 Corinthians 4:1-5)

4 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God

James 4:11-12

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister[a] or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Judging Others

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?     ( This means that we all sin and therefore we are not to judge,it does not mean that you can judge people with the sins you don't commit )5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Matth.7

If we all love one another and think: "Would I like this to be done to me?". OK, then probably you wouldn't like to beat my face or burn my house, so let's continue...

If I see my brother in error, or if he/she does something to me that hurt me... Would I stay silent, or should I rebuke him/her?

I certainly wouldn't like to stay in error or hurt myself with evil intent. But I understand things have to be done in a proper way, with love.

Some of my brothers and sisters smoke, then what should I do?

Should I tell them: "Go ahead and smoke, it is OK if you feel good about it".

or should I tell them: "Smoking is not good for you and the people around you. But the Lord wants to set you free from it, and with His help at some time you will achieve it".

I certainly should not tell: "Oh, he/she smokes... They are bad people. Keep out!". And I believe it is this kind of thing that we should not do.

If you believe I am mistaken, please tell me.

I tell this because love rejoices in the truth, is patient, and is kind.

God bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1

James 5:20

Restoring a Sinner
19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

If we all love one another and think: "Would I like this to be done to me?". OK, then probably you wouldn't like to beat my face or burn my house, so let's continue...

If I see my brother in error, or if he/she does something to me that hurt me... Would I stay silent, or should I rebuke him/her?

I certainly wouldn't like to stay in error or hurt myself with evil intent. But I understand things have to be done in a proper way, with love.

Some of my brothers and sisters smoke, then what should I do?

Should I tell them: "Go ahead and smoke, it is OK if you feel good about it".

or should I tell them: "Smoking is not good for you and the people around you. But the Lord wants to set you free from it, and with His help at some time you will achieve it".

I certainly should not tell: "Oh, he/she smokes... They are bad people. Keep out!". And I believe it is this kind of thing that we should not do.

If you believe I am mistaken, please tell me.

I tell this because love rejoices in the truth, is patient, and is kind.

God bless you!

Christian s can be their own worse enemies,I think it's good if you have friends who can tell you where you,re wrong but far too often Christian s can be so judgemental about things which are not important,don,t you think?

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

but far too often Christian s can be so judgemental about things which are not important,don,t you think?

I agree. God looks upon the heart. He knows what others do not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Christian s can be their own worse enemies,I think it's good if you have friends who can tell you where you,re wrong but far too often Christian s can be so judgemental about things which are not important,don,t you think?

It is not like I would search defects in you and start pointing them to you... I wouldn't like that, I know I am full of them.

I mean, like if I insult you or something like... Or if I steal something from you.. Or if you ask me what I think about something.

The original OP question was: what was our thoughts concerning smoking.

As Christians on a christian forum, helpful answers should align to the Word of God .

From there Let the spirit of the Lord work on the soul of the person.

If a person knows what they are doing is not good, therein lies the answer as to what should be done.

32 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

James 5:20

Restoring a Sinner
19My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, 20consider this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

He hasnt wandered from the truth. He came here and confessed

Is his sin going to send him to hell? NO

He already knows what to do.

He just did this:

James 5: 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

We should just pray that he is able to quit and God super naturally deliver him.

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

I would not be quick to say it is not a sin, & that only the addiction is a sin,  since the Bible tells us we are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  

There is liberty in christ but is all profitable? >paraphrasing

If a man thinks it is sin it is.