• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

20 hours ago, Reinitin said:

I was looking up a biblical topic and worthy christian forum showed up in the search so I clicked on the link.

Hi Reinitin, It has been great reading how people ended up here.

I am so glad that you searched a biblical topic one day that led you here. 

I guess it shows me, more than anything that we never know why a person is here or searching, and is a reminder to continue to pray for Worthy and the people here.

Blessings :) 

20 hours ago, TheAimes said:

Found it by googling Christian forums. Thankful I did. Lots of great folks here and when I log in it feels a little like "home" now. :) 

Hi Aimes,

So glad that you found your way here, and that you feel at "home" here. 

The one thing about "home" is it is always a place we look forward to being at the end of a busy day or long trip. 

And you are right, there are a lot of good people here. I love that we can share with people from all backgrounds and ages here.

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Ya know? I forgot it has been awhile :39:

I loved your answer MissMuffet.

It is great to have a place that you have found, regardless of knowing how we found it. Though I have only been here for part of the year, it feels like I have known some people here a lot longer.

Hope you have a great day.

19 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

A couple people I respect on another Christian forum mentioned it so I thought I'd check it out.  I originally planned to mostly lurk and read and learn what I could.  I hadn't planned on saying much. :) 

I'm mostly interested in practical Christian living and spiritual growth.  I like to find threads where people are sharing their experiences and advice.  There's a lot to learn from people who've walked through places I haven't.

Hi GandalfTheWise,

It is great that you knew people who mentioned this to you and you followed up on the conversation. It kind of reminds me of our role in sharing our love for the Lord with others. We never know when it will lead to someone searching and finding out more for themselves.

I hadn't thought about it before, but do agree, that here we do get to learn from others here. It is a real encouragement.

I am glad that you have decided to contribute too, as we have much to learn from one another.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Annette said:

Did you ever watch A-Team, the one team member, used to always say "I love it when a plan comes together".  It is great reading how the team here came together

Heck yeah I remember the A Team. Mr T was and is a good Christian believer. They actually asked him to be in that A Team movie that came out a few years ago but he refused saying it was nothing like the family friendly TV show. And I remember Buck Rogers.....the old Battlestar Galactica......Tom Baker's Dr. Who (the best one ever in my opinion)....Knight Rider.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Annette said:

I loved your answer MissMuffet.

It is great to have a place that you have found, regardless of knowing how we found it. Though I have only been here for part of the year, it feels like I have known some people here a lot longer.

Hope you have a great day.

I am glad that you are comfortable on Worthy with your Christian walk :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,645
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,

I made a deliberate search for a larger Christian Message board, one with some control and supervision, and there was worthy Christian Forums.

After being a member of another Christian Message board since 2002, I was dismayed by the loss of so many Christians on the board. It had reduced to a handfull of nonchristians that spent most of each day ranting against God.

It had been a place to practice defense of the faith of Jesus, so I stayed until I was banned from mentioning the trinity. The Trinity was banned from subject matter on the basis that  the Trinity agitates the non believers with  mention of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That stunned me!  I knew something had gone seriously wrong with the operator of the board. It was most unfortunate in that the ministry bares the name of a servant of God that I reference often even today, a man I had met, spent some time with, had him talk at  our Local body  of Christ, and address our Christian school too. He was a terrific servant, now deceased, one I am still in great appreciation of for his tireless work and his magnetic cheerful personality.

Why I even met my  present love my bride of a year on that board! So I have very fond memory of it back in it's hayday.

I peeked in recently, as  my bride still visits it to chat with a couple of old friends there. All that was posted were from three people that hate Christ and Chrsitians, and two professing Christians that  love to argue more than share of Jesus ( IMO).

At this time  I do cherish this board for it's discipline, it's refusal to tolerate constant unkind commentary, as well as for it's encouragement from the operator of the board, to the moderators, and fellow members.

Praise God for the ministry  that is Worthy Christian Forums! 

The corporate body of Christ, the local church, I attend  teaches verse by verse. Here I get exposed to topical studies of interest of the moment.  I enjoy that opportunity to dig into the word to seek out information on subjects of interest to others as well as myself. I do enjoy all posts regardless of the point of view expressed. It is a joy and a benefit to this saint.

May God continue to bless Worthy Christian Forums with  individuals from around the globe that want to share or and about our Lord and savior Jesus.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, Annette said:

Hi there :) 

One thing I often wonder is HOW did each of us find Worthy in our search on the internet. I see new people joining all the time and it is encouraging to see. 

:coffee:

I was actually looking for a place where I could interact with other Christian writers.  It has been a great place to meet other Christians, whether writers or not, as each person contributes and shares from his/her own experience and viewpoint.

Look forward to reading about your experience :) 

Hi Annette,

What a great topic, thanks for posting. Hearing everyone`s journey to the Worthy family,` is so, so precious. We treasure what the Lord has here and the mods, and generally people are caring and thoughtful amid differences.

For me I some how got on to Andrew Strom`s site and learnt to comment on the topic at hand. Then some one invited me to a forum where I learnt to be gracious amid conflict. Eventually I saw that the forum was `controlled` by a few and they could not discuss without getting heated. So I looked around for Christian Forums, some were not well moderated, but as I `tried` out Worthy I found it very well moderated.

Have made some very good friends, old & new and it so feels like home, as TheAimes said.

And Ted, what others miss out on, not knowing you, we have the privilege here.

regards, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Oh wow, can't remember seeing a topic on this before. It's been so long now.

I was searching for a place to talk to Christians online, and found a forum with an easily found name, but the layout of the site and all the crazy avatars & image attachments really seemed random.

After some more searching I found this one, and haven't found a better Christian forum.

The number of subsections here still overwhelms me a bit, but once in a while I can figure out a place to post, like this topic.

Edited by jeffnevins
Typo...

On 10/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, Wayne222 said:

Hi Annette  I been on other message boards. I used to go on Walter Martin board. I am finding most die out .Even if they still are running most are very old posts. At Walter Martin's it's like that. I found worthy is very alive. And I was looking for a board that had posts for people who needed prayer. I wanted to pray for others. And worthy pop up. Also you can be more open on a forum then in church. People tend to put on a face in church. I was open to a Christian friend and told him of my prayer needs and he told others not for prayer but kind of like to just talk. So in church you cannot trust others. Here it's possible. Because you can tell by the posts what's in there hearts over time. I like worthy for the most part. If I am alone I can find out who needs prayer.

HI Wayne222,

I love the prayer forum here, where people can post prayer requests and pray for one another. It helps us see what others are going through and know that we are not alone as we face tough times, and give us hope as we see answers to prayer. Blessings :)