• Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Concerning some false teachings, practices, and doctrines and dogmas and lives,

it's most visitors and members, and has been for years.    All those things their church believes and teaches them,  they beleive, even though wrong.....  and the cliques are strong and old and support one another (like cliques always do).

Hi SimpleJeff,

Oh I was just having fun. I was given a choice of answer if I wished to participate. So.. I took the "funner" route. I even gave it a smilie face.

But even some Christians it seems have caught PC fever and are are so tied up in correctness they do not accept quirky humor, or much of any humor, or much of anything I guess. Oh well. Hope they can suffer me a bit. For I am not likely to drop my  dead pan sense of what is fun and funny to me. I could try I suppose, but really I don't want to be that somber.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, is so deadly boring as a boring Christian! There should be some joy in all things and some humor and great sense of the ironic. God that we desire to  emulate in all that we do to His Glory is just chock full of humor. Some Shakespearean humor too, but hey that too is an art form to be appreaciated.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Me too. In fact I have been encouraged to "take a break from Worthy" in the past by the PTB.

Sometimes I get so stressed out about this place I have to leave for weeks or maybe even months. It shouldn't be that way but it is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The question is, is there an intended proper interpretation for each precept that the Holy Spirit has inspired and are we seeking to find out His intended meaning? Leaving Scripture open to anyone's interpretation is only asking for confusion and chaos.

Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:

... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)

Council of Toulouse 1229

Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

And what is your view of Roman Catholic

Oh you shouldn't ask that. Oh dear.....:ph34r:

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, inchrist said:

And here is the problem with the church.

Christians who tend to treat everyone who teaches something incorrectly like a false teacher. .

That's because when they promote a false Gospel.deny the deity of Jesus, or try to add books to the canon, or teach a works-based system of righteousness they ARE false teachers.  And the true body of Christ needs to warned about these false teachers. 

Acts 18:24-28New International Version (NIV)

24 Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. 25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor[a] and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John.26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately

I look at your treatment of a brother in Christ as though they need to be treated as enemies of the cross, and then I look at the biblical way to treat one who has been instructed in the way of Lord but is in error.

But the false teachers come on this board, not to learn, but to spread their heresies and false teachings and sow confusion in the body.  They are not teaching the true Gospel, but a false one and Paul says that such are "anathema."   But of course, you come defending  false teaching.   No surprise there.

False teachers are not brothers of mine, I can tell you that.

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Pope Innocent III stated in 1199:

... to be reproved are those who translate into French the Gospels, the letters of Paul, the psalter, etc. They are moved by a certain love of Scripture in order to explain them clandestinely and to preach them to one another. The mysteries of the faith are not to explained rashly to anyone. Usually in fact, they cannot be understood by everyone but only by those who are qualified to understand them with informed intelligence. The depth of the divine Scriptures is such that not only the illiterate and uninitiated have difficulty understanding them, but also the educated and the gifted (Denzinger-Schönmetzer, Enchiridion Symbolorum 770-771)

Council of Toulouse 1229

Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; unless anyone from motive of devotion should wish to have the Psalter or the Breviary for divine offices or the hours of the blessed Virgin; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books.

Because if the people could read the Bible for themselves, they would not be at the mercy of the RCC and could be deceived into paying indulgences and believing heresies like purgatory, trans-substantiation and the authority of the priest to absolve sins.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, inchrist said:

And justin adam is not one of those false teachers....

Unless you can prove the following motive

They are, “teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach” (Titus 1:11).

What is Justin adams motive?

Anyone who adds to the Scriptures is a false teacher.    

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, inchrist said:

One could claim Apollos was adding to scripture....again not a false teacher

Christ stated false teachers  hearts were evil and the fruit of their lives were “diseased” (7:17-18). Again, Jesus isn’t talking about people who are simply mistaken.

You do not know justin adams motive...is he intentionally tring to be evil?

False teaching is false not from motive from the fact that it is what it is.   False teachers promote false teaching.  Their motives need not be malicious.  Even those deny the deity of Jesus are  a curse and a plague on the Body of Christ even if they don't mean to be.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, the RCC burned thousands at the stake.  And most of those people were tortured for long periods of time before they were killed.  Their suffering and death is immaterial?  Because that is exactly what your statement means.  Did the RCC do them a favor by killing these people who didn't believe the "right" way?

Was pointing out to a question (from another) the fact that they all had a despicable history.
This way of treating those that differ is horrific. And I have said so on several occasions having stood in the place where Cranmer was burned. Even included the picture for all to see the spot in Oxford. You cannot assume my statement 'means' anything since you extracted it from its real context. But like others have done, you re-quote a small area of a post to try to vilify me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

When something clearly contradicts the word of God, then its most definitely wrong doctrine.

Yep