IGNORED

False doctrine

missmuffet

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

And what is your view of Roman Catholic

The Roman Catholic Church is an apostate Church and unfortunately, Roman Catholics are caught up in it.  They need to get saved and and leave that cult.   Roman Catholicism isn't authentic Christianity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

But people interpret the Bible, each to thier own liking. As Ricardo said. Some feel the only way of baptism is total emersion. Others dont. The bible doesn't say you have to be totally emersed. But there are some who would argue it does.

Like in Matthew 3:6, John 3:23, Mark 1:10 and other verses, in context clearly indicates total immersion in lots of water. That's not an argument, but scripture. It's symbolic and a public profession of faith and identification with the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

Scripture itself does not contain the words; Bible, Trinity, Rapture, etc. But in context and description, we clearly see it in scripture.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I sure am seeing a lot more false doctrine on Worthy lately. Some really strange stuff. Is it just me?

falsedoctrinewhite.jpg

Some people may view interpretations different from their own as false doctrine.  Kind of like the old debate that KJV is the only Bible to read from.

That being said, I notice that many forums allow people an anonymous outlet to post what they think with not any real repercussions.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

10 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Then my question is this, Jesus asks us, "do this in remembrance of me" yes few churches take time to "break the bread" . After the Resurrection, two disciples were walking and talking, Jesus joined them. They didn't recognize Him. Jesus spoke scripture to them, and their hearts burned within them, but they still didn't recognize Him. It wasn't until the Breaking of the Bread, did they recognize Him. 

This is the very thing we Catholics do, at every mass. The Breaking of the Bread. We recognize Jesus with us. 

I understand this well. It is also done in the Episcopal Church in the US and Church of England here in the UK. Though the Church of England does not call it mass, just communion.

The RCC has fallen into much disfavor due to other denominational influences. Sure they burned people at the stake, and so did Calvin and others. They worry that the pope seems to rub shoulders with our enemies and that the 'vicar of Christ' is a false claim and a false position. I tend to agree.

There is much in the RCC doctrine that comes into question in other belief systems, and there are some terrible things said about RC believers. Some of the finest Christians I have known were of the RC persuasion, but they did not necessarily go along with all the tenets of the church. That most every denomination began with some aspects of the RCC is without doubt. However, the breakaway elements believe they are of the 'true church' and other are not. Perspective comes into this quite a bit.

In the 'home of the brave and the land of the free' you will find many that despise the RCC. They may even vilify a person that puts forth an RC argument on here. So you will have to take your chances.

Pax Christi

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

38 minutes ago, Davida said:

Interpretation should not be a problem but many lone sheep go off their own way away from a flock & without a shepherd. There are also those who are not saved within the body,some of those even graduated from Seminaries & are preaching false doctrines/heresies. The Bible is not "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or "one man's garbage is another man's treasure" type of thing. Correct Bible study does not allow for various interpretations in the sense that any person can view it in their own way.  Those antagonistic to Christianity come to wrong conclusions and misrepresent the Word of God all the time & claim falsely it can be interpreted many ways. By the proper handling of scripture true believers come to a consistent literal contextual truth & share commonly understood basic doctrines.

2Tim 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

The Shepard is Jesus; He's not here to teach us the correct interpretations of every verse that humans argue over. To suggest that there is a correct interpretation of every verse that some human/humans know and that we should all be listening to is just pride. And we know what that's all about. You don't seem to understand why people argue over scripture, it is dogmatic thinking like that, that causes the arguments. Humble yourself and realise that there is much that is not known.    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

1"I have spoken these things with you that you would not be subverted." 2"For they shall put you out from their assemblies, and the hour will come when everyone who would kill you will think that he presents an offering to God." 3"And they shall do these things because they do not know either my Father or me." 

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Justin Adams said:

1"I have spoken these things with you that you would not be subverted." 2"For they shall put you out from their assemblies, and the hour will come when everyone who would kill you will think that he presents an offering to God." 3"And they shall do these things because they do not know either my Father or me." 

That is what Jesus said to his disciples about the world's response to the Gospel. You promote false teaching and pretend you're being persecuted.   You are not being persecuted;  you're being corrected.   Your false teaching is not going to fly here.

16 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

The Shepard is Jesus; He's not here to teach us the correct interpretations of every verse that humans argue over. To suggest that there is a correct interpretation of every verse that some human/humans know and that we should all be listening to is just pride. And we know what that's all about. You don't seem to understand why people argue over scripture, it is dogmatic thinking like that, that causes the arguments. Humble yourself and realise that there is much that is not known.    

Very well said. Thanks. I think most do not even read what they think they disagree with. Often, there is not even any dialog about it, just imagined differences... Just drag 'em off to the stake and burn them goes the cry!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Very well said. Thanks. I think most do not even read what they think they disagree with. Often, there is not even any dialog about it, just imagined differences... Just drag 'em off to the stake and burn them goes the cry!

There is nothing new under the sun.. 

• Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

There is nothing new under the sun.. 

Yes. Sadly you are correct. Those that will not read and learn from history - generally repeat it.

• Thumbs Up 1