• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,852
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

In my mind, what is most important, are the core principles of Christianity. Basically what saves us. What brings us to eternity with God, with Jesus.

All the other parts, all what we see here being "discussed" doesn't really matter. (I know someone will take that out of context). Whether a person recieved baptism with going under, or sprinkling. Baptism is Baptism. But one way or the other still won't save us, unless we also do the core principles. Repent, acknowledge, recieve Jesus.

If those three are not done, then what does it matter for the rest. 

Oh, I one more thing, most important. 

LOVE

Faith without Love is like a gong clanging in the wind.

I am not quite sure, about somethings you said, they sound good, but I don't think so I can agree unless is made clear what you are actually saying, not what I think you are saying. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

I agree, and would also say that some church are 'right' for some and other churches are 'right' for others. I too find saved Christians and non-saved 'fake' Christians in every denomination. 

( Chuckling)

I think we are all caught up on the word "fake". Fake news, fake this or that. 

I think much of what I have witnessed over the years, is not the concept of fake Christians so much, rather, the error comes when we are predipositioned for or against something we hold dear to our own beliefs. 

Example. Some are staunch in thier thinking you must speak in tongues, otherwise you don't have the Holy Spirit within you. Yet Paul never says that. What he does say is that we should strive for the higher gifts.

Many out of respect of the scripture do the baptism by emersion. But if a church doesn't do emersion, is this then not a Baptism. 

You see, here at Worthy, most are of one denomination. They are the non-denominational church. (Chuckle) ( that is still a denomination).

The mindset here is focused primarily to one side. Are they wrong. Of course not. 

The only error that comes from any of us is thinking everyone else is wrong, just because they don't think like us.

This is why the core of what we are must be solid. The core of our Christian principles. The bottom line.

I know you guys will shoot me for this, but before you do start chopping me up for fish bait. Please step back and think about what I'm trying to say.

So here goes. Going to church on sunday. (It is very important to me) but it won't save you without the core principles of Christianity.

The core of Christianity. Repent of your sins. Accept Jesus into your heart. Live a life that is pleasing to God. Love from your heart. 

Everything else is icing on the cake.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

16 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not quite sure, about somethings you said, they sound good, but I don't think so I can agree unless is made clear what you are actually saying, not what I think you are saying. 

It's ok, I know in my heart what I want to say, but trying to say it seems hard at times.

I'm not so elegant as others here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,852
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

It's ok, I know in my heart what I want to say, but trying to say it seems hard at times.

I'm not so elegant as others here.

That not what I meant to say, I was thinking if you wanted to discuss something you are brought up. 

This is a good time, things cool down. 

It is about these core principals, let's start with repentance. 

Did you mean the repentance of choosing not to believe in Jesus , and later have change ones mind and believe? 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, and no.  A new Christian, yes, their discernment has to be cultivated.  A seasoned Christian should be able to tell pretty quickly what is true, and what is false.  One of the best rules of thumb is, "What does this doctrine/theology point to?"  Does it point to Jesus?  Or something else.  Pointing to Jesus does not automatically validate it, but pointing to anything else outside of, or instead of Jesus is an immediate problem.  If the doctrine points to a special book outside the Bible, or a special person, or a special Prophet, or something that brings salvation instead of Jesus' shed blood, like works or baptism, or predestination, or points to observance of Mosaic Law like The Sabbath or Passover, these are reg flags that you are dealing with a false doctrine, because everything should lead directly to Christ.  Most, if not all of the above things do not lead to a reliance solely on Jesus' sacrifice, they lead to something else. 

The weekly seventh day Sabbath day is not the Mosaic law....it God's law, it is in the middle of the ten commandments. God wrote the ten commandments Himself on stone tablets  Exodus 20...the seventh day Sabbath day goes back to Creation, in Genesis 2..He rested, blessed the day and made it Holy...

False Roman based religious teachings have tried to confuse the issue and negate, by changing the observance day to the first day of the week (Sunday)..in honour of their pagan roots....mainstream "christianity" has gone for this hook, line and sinker, and chose to follow this Roman religious system.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

It all depends on how you look at things, brother.

In the scripture, read Matthew 26: 31 - 40.

These who the King says "Come", didn't know, they were not expecting to be saved.

And again in Romans 2: 12 - 16. Paul states, (taking about pagans) it is not listening to the Law but keeping it that will make people Holy in the sight of God.

There is no such thing as a follower of Jesus who doesn't know he is a follower of Jesus.   Sorry, but your argument is just nonsense.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Little children who are Jesus' sheep follow Jesus and hear His Voice.   This Promise, TRUTH, was never changed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

( Chuckling)

I think we are all caught up on the word "fake". Fake news, fake this or that. 

I think much of what I have witnessed over the years, is not the concept of fake Christians so much, rather, the error comes when we are predipositioned for or against something we hold dear to our own beliefs. 

Example. Some are staunch in thier thinking you must speak in tongues, otherwise you don't have the Holy Spirit within you. Yet Paul never says that. What he does say is that we should strive for the higher gifts.

Many out of respect of the scripture do the baptism by emersion. But if a church doesn't do emersion, is this then not a Baptism. 

You see, here at Worthy, most are of one denomination. They are the non-denominational church. (Chuckle) ( that is still a denomination).

The mindset here is focused primarily to one side. Are they wrong. Of course not. 

The only error that comes from any of us is thinking everyone else is wrong, just because they don't think like us.

This is why the core of what we are must be solid. The core of our Christian principles. The bottom line.

I know you guys will shoot me for this, but before you do start chopping me up for fish bait. Please step back and think about what I'm trying to say.

So here goes. Going to church on sunday. (It is very important to me) but it won't save you without the core principles of Christianity.

The core of Christianity. Repent of your sins. Accept Jesus into your heart. Live a life that is pleasing to God. Love from your heart. 

Everything else is icing on the cake.

By fake Christians I mean people who believe they are Christians but deny those 'core' believes such as not believing He was the son of God, or that His death didn't mean anything or that they are going to heaven because they are a good person etc. I have met many of these people.   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Yahweh Guards His Word,  and Has Always.  False doctrine abounds near everyone, everywhere on earth, but cannot change Yahweh nor change His Word.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Sometimes I really get dumbfounded over people who claim to Love God yet do not have His Word as primary relevance to reason... God's Word clearly teaches, leads us, shines light upon the reality of Who God 'IS' and one should go away knowing Him! For this to be the case though one must have The Holy Spirit of God within to enable truth to reside, this the new birth requirement for enabled existence or place for truth to be... Setting down in the foundation of Words from God reduces what I think to meaningless drivel and The Word's themselves made alive by The Holy Spirit cause me to exchange this life for the one promised me By The Word= where my Lord 'IS' everything from everlasting to everlasting.... If you love God keep His Word in Truth of His Light not the false one which expects the manipulation of the things God clearly is not keeping to be of eternal value. We do not take the structure of this creative instance into the eternity therefore place no eternal weight upon it [but} by faith alone, grown out from His Word, we wait upon that which we cannot know now--- to be... This 'IS' The Light of His Word upon His Path and why only few can find it ~ they will not give up their beginning even though they know it to have the leaven of satan completely mixed within it's organization... Love, Steven 

• Thumbs Up 1