• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

57 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You cannot take one example of an anointing being passed on, by specific request when both people were still alive and turn it into a normative doctrine that holds no parallel with the original example.  Graves hold absolutely no anointing of any kind.  What Beni Johnson is doing is obvious and patrons of Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry do this all over the place.  You can deny that they endorse the practice and participate in it, but they quite obviously do.  Videos of it are all over the Internet and they are embedded in places where Bethel no longer has any control of them.  Nice way to try and re-spin what Johnson himself says, but your spin does not work .  Johnson is always painting himself into a corner by making all kinds of claims, and endorsing anything that comes along that someone claims is "spiritual" or "supernatural," but then he has to go into spin and double-speak when outsiders call him on it.  That's why he discredits the use of the Bible, denigrates same and says we have to go "off the map" when it comes to serving God.  Those methodologies do not come from the Holy Spirit.

With practices I prefer to go to the source, what their students and leadership says, I’m around them a lot. Lol, the grave sucking thing just isn’t taught there. Now if students got weird in the past, don’t know, but I do know that is not something they endorse. 

Also the doctrine of passing in mantles can be seen with Shawn Bolz and William Brannam, which William got way off towards the end of his life, he would get adresssess birthdays, medical conditions. Shawn Bolz walks in a similar anointing. I don’t really want to debate it because i don’t know enough scripture to defend or reject it. I do know the fruit is pressing in to God and being hungry to be used by Him in a greater way.

• Group:  Royal Member

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I saw that "restoration" video.  His adultery was completely whitewashed.   He was having an affair with his current wife while married to someone else and that was glossed over, like it was water under the bridge.  

Anyone who says that the Holy Spirit tells him to kick people in the face, knock them to the ground and choke them is a grade A heretic and is no doubt hearing from 'a' spirit but not the Holy Spirit.  

I never saw that video. I am aware what he did and I’m not defending him. I’m also not referring to a video, but a long process of reconciliation. Not whitewashed but bloodwashed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, Joshua-777 said:

With practices I prefer to go to the source, what their students and leadership says, I’m around them a lot. Lol, the grave sucking thing just isn’t taught there. Now if students got weird in the past, don’t know, but I do know that is not something they endorse. 

Also the doctrine of passing in mantles can be seen with Shawn Bolz and William Brannam, which William got way off towards the end of his life, he would get adresssess birthdays, medical conditions. Shawn Bolz walks in a similar anointing. I don’t really want to debate it because i don’t know enough scripture to defend or reject it. I do know the fruit is pressing in to God and being hungry to be used by Him in a greater way.

Joshua,the grave sucking thing is real, I listened to a documentary from very concerned parents whom daughter was deceived into the Bethel church from Bill Johnson,the story is real and very scary to parents who lose a daughter or son to this group of people,the girl was very brainwashed ....very sad story and people need to hear those stories...

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

The fact that you cannot support it biblically is problematic and demonstrates that it is not true.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Joshua-777 said:

I never saw that video. I am aware what he did and I’m not defending him. I’m also not referring to a video, but a long process of reconciliation. Not whitewashed but bloodwashed.

It was a video where the adultery was explained, but not necessarily repented of.   It was whitewashed because Bentley was the NAR's cash cow and Bentley had a huge following of carnal people who were as lacking in wisdom, discernment as he is and were gullible enough to continue following that heretical, ungodly charlatan. The stuff he does is not of God, God is not part of His ministry.  It is complete deception.

43 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It was a video where the adultery was explained, but not necessarily repented of.   It was whitewashed because Bentley was the NAR's cash cow and Bentley had a huge following of carnal people who were as lacking in wisdom, discernment as he is and were gullible enough to continue following that heretical, ungodly charlatan. The stuff he does is not of God, God is not part of His ministry.  It is complete deception.

Well I don’t follow his ministry or know enough about him to make that claim.

56 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The fact that you cannot support it biblically is problematic and demonstrates that it is not true.

It just demonstrates that I haven’t studied it enough to debate this subject. I do see in scripture a reality of importation In the old and New Testament but as far as taking up anointing or mantles from past revivalists, I haven’t searched scripture for the answer to that. I could be wrong, but this is a minor issue as I live my life for Jesus, not for someone’s anointing.

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I am not a cessationist.  Don't assume things about me because I say Bethel's manifestations are aberrant.

Not saying you are a cessationist.

Edited by Joshua-777

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Joshua-777 said:

Well I don’t follow his ministry or know enough about him to make that claim.

I know the Holy Spirit and the Word of God well enough to know that Bentley's ministry is a complete sham, as is Bethel and Johnson.  

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Joshua-777 said:

It just demonstrates that I haven’t studied it enough to debate this subject. I do see in scripture a reality of importation In the old and New Testament but as far as taking up anointing or mantles from past revivalists, I haven’t searched scripture for the answer to that. I could be wrong, but this is a minor issue as I live my life for Jesus, not for someone’s anointing.

There were certain special events that happened in the Bible, but those events are not supposed to be treated as the norm for believers. The Charismatic movement is really bad about assuming that if God did it for one person, He will do it for anyone, and that is simply not what the Bible teaches.  The Charismatics are really prone to obligating God to promises He never made.