IGNORED

Bethel Church - A Different Gospel

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Last week, a reporter at BuzzFeed posted an in-depth article after going undercover during prophecy week at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. The school is one of the darling ministries of Bethel Church in Redding, CA, which also includes the music of Jesus Culture and their healing ministry Bethel Sozo. Any look into Bethel is bound to uncover some strange things, and the author certainly did. But despite an excellent exposé, she overlooked something crucial.

Molly Hensley-Clancy's revelation of the charismatic school -- nicknamed Christian Hogwarts by its own students -- presented more than the usual anecdotes of the weird. She also brought to light what Bethel is doing in their own city. They've given money to civic government, invested in the town's infrastructure, and even paid handsomely to save the jobs of four police officers. Bethel Church members have run for public office and started a secular public school (they get by with this saying the message of the "kingdom" is love, not religion).

All the kooky trickery that Bethel is known for was there, too: glory clouds, fire tunnels, grave sucking, dancing, chanting, healing, creepy laughter, and speaking in tongues. Oh, and false prophecy. Lots and lots of false prophecy. As one former student named Chris pointed out, what they call prophecy is no different than when a psychic does a cold reading. Only one out of every hundred prophecies are "true." We hear all about those, which they catalog along with their "miracles" like a baptist church does its baptisms. We never hear about the failures.

Hensley-Clancy also pulled back the veil on the dark side of Bethel's reckless charismaticism, from being a disruption in the community to the point that it has cost people their lives. Perhaps you've heard the story about a man who fell down a cliff and some students of Bethel attempted to heal him before they finally got help. There's another about a young man who died after an asthma attack. Neighborhood Bethelites wasted precious time trying to heal him instead of calling 911.

The coverage was thorough, sure to mention that Bethel is part of the New Apostolic Reformation, (though Hensley-Clancy called it New Apostolic Christianity) before shifting to the new name they wish to go by: the Independent Network Charismatic, or INC. Chris Rosebrough reported earlier that the NAR was attempting to shed the term coined by the late C. Peter Wagner and adopt this new moniker. That's a change we might have to get used to.

Read more at:

https://pastorgabehughes.blogspot.com/2017/10/bethel-church-believes-different-gospel.html?m=1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Lived in OR not so long ago. Some of the church people went to a Bethel meeting thing down south. I was unimpressed and read about it all.

Not good I am afraid. I think they preach another Yeshua. I feel so sorry for the ones involved though. They crave something new, something with signs and stuff like that. Stuff perhaps their own church does not have. It all seems quite bizarre. You would probably be safer going to a pub, and no less enlightened.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

Go to any of their concerts and you'll quickly get a first hand encounter of how strange they really are. I was a big fan of their music for several years - most of my friends still are. It's good modern sounding worship music, but after attending a concert and seeing what all they did that was seriously straight up demonic I walked out and haven't listened again. Scary stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

yeah bethel church they are the folks that are into the NAR new apostolic reformation. also Hillsong are very very dodgy apparently the son of the Hillsong thingie found out that his dad was a pedophile and kept stum about it. does that make this music bad? also as i would like to assume the organisation had no knowledge about it. got similar connotations to the BBC and jimmy savile might not be on the same degree but nevertheless it was covered up by the bbc for decades.

i wouldnt want to post a link to the bbc thing as it is way too sick

• Thumbs Up 2

the Purposely Drivel Lie -is very conniving. its existence can come about cos more and more folk are desperate to find meaning and purpose,  not just young folk either. a decade ago i would have been one of those people. the church just doesnt meet the need of the spiritual vacuum for those in spiritual anguish is my direct experience. and so ta da we have this deception that seems to be growing.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://bereanresearch.org/sozo-a-dangerous-inner-healing-and-deliverance-ministry/

those who are unfamiliar with Sozo prayer need to know more about it.  First of all, Sozo prayer is the brain child of husband and wife team Bill (self-proclaimed modern-day apostle) and Beni  (New Age guru) Johnson, both of whom are pastors of the infamous Bethel Church in Redding CA.  The word comes from the Greek “save” or “deliver.”  Allegedly Sozo is “a unique inner healing and deliverance ministry in which the main aim is to get to the root of those things hindering your personal connection with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, existential mabel said:

the Purposely Drivel Lie -is very conniving. its existence can come about cos more and more folk are desperate to find meaning and purpose,  not just young folk either. a decade ago i would have been one of those people. the church just doesnt meet the need of the spiritual vacuum for those in spiritual anguish is my direct experience. and so ta da we have this deception that seems to be growing.

"the church" ?  I am not aware of a  "the Church".

I certainly reject the idea that Jesus has led me to  "the church" where  "the need of the spiritual vacuum" or  an "anguish" is a problem not attended to within the local body .  God the Holy Spirit has led me across country more than once to be part of a local body of Christ Jesus, each being where saints gather to worship and learn the word of God and to share the gospel of Jesus so that many may be presented as mature in the Lord Jesus. At each my own sanctification has progressed, and I have also been comforted as well as being able to share some comfort with others of each local fold. Each has been  very unique in composition, and  corporate style, yet all taught the Bible, along with presenting historic setting with context, and also showed application for my guidance and command from God. All in the manner of good expository lesson and fine local governing for the dissemination of the blessing that each ahs been for me personally. None were a vacuum of any kind whatsoever.

Sorry but I just don't buy into the idea that there are no good bodies of Christ Jesus, for the Holy Spirit keeps taking me to them, and setting me up for some mighty grand experiences in what His church is and does. It is anything but a void  or vacuum. From my experiences I can only suggest that if someone is having a time of it finding woership and th eHoly Spirit within a local body of Christ Jesus they need get closer to the Holy Spirit, heed what He has to say, and do it quickly. If He says see here, there is a church right there for  you to go be part of, and it's 2800 miles away. Get up and go. If he then says, now go again to yet another place and it too is 2800 miles away, back near where you first started , get up and go. Go for it is God's sovereign will at play.  Go where the Holy Spirit commands, don't argue, don't make excuse, and never ever say, why am I here this doesn't make sense, because He will soon show  why of it in a manner that is not easily forgotten, and can be humbling as it also is rebuking.

Praise God for the many local bodies of worship of our Lord and opportunity for good service at each.

Edited by Neighbor
Modified an incomplete opening sentence
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Davida said:

I'm glad, people need to realize this stuff happening at Bethel is demonic doctrines/demonic manifestations and False teachings & it needs to be soundly rejected by the body.  Bethel calling themselves "Christian Hogwarts" is so revealing. This is the stuff we are supposed to rebuke.

Christain Hogwarts.    THAT IS A OXYMORON

what a dung pile.  but no surprise , most have been dabbling with ghost whisperes and lapping it up, all the while they have long forgotten

God considers it ABOMINATION.    Elisha would have said this.  IF you want to serve baal then go serve baal , but if the LORD be LORD serve Him.

but stop blending the TWO cause lukewarm is the worst , abostlute worst place to be.

I see this generation as a whole for what it is.   most who profess his name , profess witchcraft and other gods and other religions as good too.

I leave us with this word FROM GOD who said............IF you want to go serve baal then go , serve him, BUT LEAVE MY NAME OUT OF IT .   oh GOD did say that.

This generation will see the wrath of GOD .   its only getting worse and will do so unto the end.  ALL we can do is keep warning and exhorting and praying

that many will come out of darkness and serve the ONLY GOD and that is only done IN CHRIST .   

Yall should have seen what the roman officials said.   on another site , and I quoate.   THEY said , ITS TIME to not just tolerate other religions BUT RESPECT THIER RELIGOIN.

what  a dung pile and what a snare for all who do so.   This sure don't sound like paul, who had no resepect for idol worship and said GOD NOW COMMANDS we repent of these vaniteis

But this mindset they have will lead the world as one right to the mindset that salvation is UNIVERSAL and man can obtain it on his own through any god or way.

IT leads to the beast and it leads to the end.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

"the church" ?  I am not aware of a  "the Church".

I certainly reject the idea that Jesus has led me to  "the church" where the need of "the spiritual vacuum" nor "anguish" of any kind whatsoever.

God the Holy Spirit has led me across country more than once to be part of a local body of Christ Jesus, each being where saints gather to worship and learn the word of God and to share the gospel of Jesus so that many may be presented as mature in the Lord Jesus. At each my own sanctification has progressed, and I have also been comforted as well as being able to share some comfort with others of each local fold. Each has been  very unique in composition, and  corporate style, yet all taught the Bible, along with presenting historic setting with context, and also showed application for my guidance and command from God. All in the manner of good expository lesson and fine local governing for the dissemination of the blessing that each ahs been for me personally. None were a vacuum of any kind whatsoever.

Sorry but I just don't buy into the idea that there are no good bodies of Christ Jesus, for the Holy Spirit keeps taking me to them, and setting me up for some mighty grand experiences in what His church is and does. It is anything but a void  or vacuum. From my experiences I can only suggest that if someone is having a time of it finding woership and th eHoly Spirit within a local body of Christ Jesus they need get closer to the Holy Spirit, heed what He has to say, and do it quickly. If He says see here, there is a church right there for  you to go be part of, and it's 2800 miles away. Get up and go. If he then says, now go again to yet another place and it too is 2800 miles away, back near where you first started , get up and go. Go for it is God's sovereign will at play.  Go where the Holy Spirit commands, don't argue, don't make excuse, and never ever say, why am I here this doesn't make sense, because He will soon show  why of it in a manner that is not easily forgotten, and can be humbling as it also is rebuking.

Praise God for the many local bodies of worship of our Lord and opportunity for good service at each.

I guess we should reask the question to be fair.   Neighbor Do you see Rick warren or rob bell, or Copeland or darn this list will be long.

Lets start with these.  do you see rickwarren , brian McLaren  , rob bell, the above church mentioned, as false or true.

lets start with this.   IS this bethel church false to you, is the nar false to you.    cause you seem to be finding all these good churches

and i need to know what you consider good or evil.    lets just start their . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I guess we should reask the question to be fair.   Neighbor Do you see Rick warren or rob bell, or Copeland or darn this list will be long.

Lets start with these.  do you see rickwarren , brian McLaren  , rob bell, the above church mentioned, as false or true.

lets start with this.   IS this bethel church false to you, is the nar false to you.    cause you seem to be finding all these good churches

and i need to know what you consider good or evil.    lets just start their . 

There are a lot of bad ones out there. I agree with you on that list of names. But there are also a lot of good ones out there too. Dont throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Thumbs Up 2