• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

4 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Miss Construed beauty pageant consists of who can make the best strudel. 

LOL

:) Tasty strudel,  or too much salt,   Jesus died for all  the contestants and was raised from the dead never to die again , so if they come to Him they could have hope for the resurrection themselves instead of eternal death.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Ah. Did you not hear what I thought I meant to say...?

biblehub.com/psalms/115-6.htm - Cached - Similar

…5They have mouths, but they cannot speak; They have eyes, but they cannot see; 6They have ears, but they cannot hear; They have noses, but they cannot ...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

As to your quoted verse, "first day of the week" isn't in the originals. It says "the first Sabbath" as in the beginning of the counting of the Omer, Lev 23:15, which is how "after the Sabbath while it was yet dark on the Sabbath" can happen. And I didn't have to translate it differently from the originals to keep with a false dogma and anti-Semitic teaching of "Sunday Resurrection" started by the Catholics and swallowed whole by the Protestants. 

Many of us would benefit from your knowledge in a topic brother.
It really needs to be broadcast amongst the believers about the lengths that ungodly people went to to pervert the scriptures. I have only just scratched the surface so far, and have been banned and bombarded with stuff just because I have researched it and found out much to be ashamed about in our translations and 'inerrant' scriptures.

Edited by Justin Adams

On 10/21/2017 at 9:40 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

First of all I would like to explain the logical impossibility for Christ to rise on a Saturday. The bible is clear that Jesus was executed on the Friday before, dying at the ninth hour, about 3 pm.

The Jews asked to take the body right away as they could not leave a body to decay on the Sabbath. They did so, they buried Him and the rested on the Sabbath day.

So there you have Jesus dying on Friday, the first day, then the Sabbath, Friday sundown to Saturday Sundown. Some here believe that Jesus rose right at the end of the Sabbath, or within a few hours, meaning still Saturday, Some believe that just because the women went to the tomb on a Sunday morning that doesn’t have to mean He rose Sunday morning. But that would negate the Scripture that says that He rose on the THIRD DAY.

Mark 16:9

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Its easy enough to prove too that the first churches celebrated Sunday.

Hmmm.......   mis-construed,  or misconstrued ?   

On 10/21/2017 at 9:40 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I hope to try to explain how Jesus did rise on a Sunday, the first churches celebrated Sunday, not just after Constantine made Sunday our Sabbath day as some claim.

I also hope to explain here how though the Saturday Sabbath has NOT changed Sunday was biblically ordained for the Christian church.

"hope to"?    Why, may I ask ?   As people have learned Hebrew,  original Scripture,  Aramaic and Greek,   Israel's way of life, living and feasts,

or most important of all,  as Yahweh removes the veil as was required even for the Apostles and disciples walking with Jesus,

as Scripture is understood clearly and truthfully and fully as Yahweh gives the understanding,

the people have been set free from all false directions ,  false explanations,  false hopes, and false religious doctrines, dogmas and practices.

They don't even start out seeking to dis-prove anything :   wonderfully and by divine grace just seeking for the truth, learning from Yahweh...  His Way,  in Jesus.

footnote:  SDA's are wrong about some things.  Some more than others, depending on who they trust.

RCC is wrong about everything [practically, if not in every detail],  because of Who it says not to trust, and who it says to trust. (wrong in both cases).

Protestants and others are variously wrong likewise, at times, individually or corporately, for the same or similar reasons.

Yahweh's Word is TRUTH, PURE and HOLY, Unchanged, and Unchangeable for all time.   Yahweh Alone is Trustworthy.  He is Faithful and True.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Those who went to school at Loma Linda seem generally to be more balanced and orthodox in their perspective than the group from Walla Walla, where they have promoted many false doctrines and are legalistic.  People we knew said that they obey dietary restriction when around the Walla Walla people so as to not make their weaker brother stumble.  They sent their son to a Lutheran school even though there was an Adventist grade school about 5 miles away.  We have had several doctors and dentists from Loma Linda that are sound in doctrine.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Probably a funny typo - but what do you do on the the other 15 days? Sleep maybe?

Yes it was. Or I totally don't know how many days are in a year....:unsure: 365

• Haha 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, brakelite said:

I will remind you that this conversation began from a simple request on my part for anyone to Biblically defend Sunday observance. The answer I have since received is a clear support of Sunday as a tradition, and a condemnation of those who would choose to observe Sabbath.

No one has been condemned for observing the Sabbath. The condemnation comes to those who believe that the Sabbath is a necessary ingredient in salvation.    I really don't care if you observe the Sabbath or not.   It makes no difference to me.   The problem is that you started a conversation aimed at telling us we  are wrong for observing Sunday.

That is bad enough, that you would condemn as heretics anyone who seeks to obey a commandment.

I condemn as heretics those who try to pervert an OT commandment into a works-based system of righteousness as if the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross is somehow insufficient.

But what is worse is that you are doing so without any knowledge whatsoever of these people's motives.

False doctrine is false doctrine.   Motives don't really matter.   If a person teaches false doctrine in ignorance or with the best of intentions, the result is still the same.  They lead people astray.   I don't believe Adventists are evil.   But they are deceived and they are engaged in false doctrine.

That is abomination. You are placing yourself upon Gods throne. You do not know me. You do not know my friends. And despite your self glorying self righteous "you know it all" attitude regarding Adventist teaching, I will repeat, you may think you know, but you understand nothing. 

I get my information from people like you, other Adventists who have been on this board many, many times in the 13+ years I have been here.  You are not the only Adventist we have had on here and you won't be the last and so far, none of them have ever disagreed with each other or provided alternative Adventist teachings.   They have been perfectly uniform in their presentation of Adventist beliefs.

As for your so called exegesis aboveb it is a flat denial of not only Paul's words but also his testimony.

I haven't denied anything about Paul's words or his testimony.  The problem is that you can actually refute the substance of my exegesis; all you can do is complain about and spit false statements about what I said.   But you cannot refute it.  That is glaringly important to note.

As ,inChrist, pointed out Jewish and Gentile Christians observed Sabbath in Actsb and there is historical testimony that Sabbath observance continued long after the apostolic era. Interestingly it was the orthodox Sunday keepers who persecuted the Sabbath keepers ...nothing new under the sun. 

They may have observed the Sabbath, but that doesn't change anything.   What they did is not a commandment to us and we not obligated to live as they lived.  

Paul performed sacrifices; should we???  

I mean, if the standard you're erecting is that we are obligated to live the exact same way the first century Christians lived (even though the Bible doesn't make that claim), then should we bring back the "holy kiss?"   Or, would that open up doors that don't need to be opened?  

I can come up with other things they did, that we don't imitate in our day and age and for good reason.