• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure

Bro tan , gotta KEEP IT ALL IN THE SCRIPS.

As I said above ye are saved by grace alone.   only MANY FAIL OF the grace of GOD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We are saved soley by grace alone.  BUT................if we don't continue in it we wont be.

Many fail of the grace of GOD.  many do.

Here is our walk IF we HONEST .

I will use mine.   I was in total darkness of sin.  Then Gods grace unctioned me and drew me to Faith IN CHRIST, whereby my faith in HIM is continued accesss in this grace.

But if we don't continue in HIM  , we cast out .   And this happens to many.  

JESUS own words............THEY receive THE WORD,  YEAH THE WORD with JOY,  but in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

THE WORD.    They receive not satans word, IT WAS JESUS and they fell away from HIM.   like peter once said

Far worse it is having come and TASTED righteousness , then went back to THA DUNG PIT .  AND IT HAPPENS according to the TRUE PROVERB.  whether mans doctrines

say so or not. IT DOES HAPPEN .  MANY fall away . they came , some lust entered in CHOKED the word, hardend the heart.

Cause as paul says..............exhort , exhort , lest any become hardened THROUGH the deceitfulness of sin.

We are saved SOLEY by grace can no man boast...........ONLY BETTER HEED GRACE< THE SPIRIT ,   or fail of grace many will.   CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END NOW

FOR its HIS GRACE , ITS HIM IN US WORKING that which is well pleasing in his sight.  but as it is said.........many fall away due to tempatoin , lust and NEVER COME BACK.

SEE Why we need to be exhorting daily, What we FEED OF is of dire importance. FOR tis also HIS Grace at work in the members KEEPING the members IN LINE and ecouraged

warned and stayed and prayed up.    ITS WAR PEOPLES....................DIE DAILY amen.

Your meaning of "Grace"is not correct. 

The scripture does not say: 

God so love the world that he sent Grace to save the world. 

......he sent his only begoten Son Jesus Christ to die on the Cross for the forgivness of our sins. 

Whoever believes in him is redeemed. And has the eternal life, which eternal life is Jesus. 

I did not give you scriptures, I just wanted to bring them to your memmory. 

It does not say that from now on you will fellowship with the light only. The first moment someone believes. 

Jesus redeems people who are deep up to their neck in fellowship with the darkness, and his aim is less darkness in them and more light. Or to reduse the darkness in them and increase the light. According to everyone's situation. 

One is deep into his own world, whatever it is, if it is a world of carefull disipline living, the Holy Spirit guidance from within is different to the one with a different and perhaps opposite lifestyle. 

To the murderer the Holy Spirit will guide not to murder and so on. 

But to the non-murderer the Holy Spirit has some other guidance, he has proposed to himself not to murder. 

He is guiding everyone  from within, as he has promise. 

According to his wisdom and not your moral code. 

Your code is good for you. 

Paul reproved those righteous people who judge the other believers by their code of righteousness. 

He said to them not to do it. 

He did not tell them for them to change, but he told them ; 

Of course you can judge them and that's good, you can discern good for bad, then do not do what the people you have judge are doing. 

But do not take the name of the Lord Jesus in vain. 

Do not say that your judgement is his judgement for them. 

For your selfs yes, because he said by the way you judge you will be judge.  

He makes the distinction there and he makes it very specific for everyone and not the same. 

That's why he said ; 

" I will put my laws in your heart". 

With his Holy Spirit from within. 

We are in the new covenant, and not in the old, the stone tablets, because their hearts were cold, but our hearts are warm with the Spirit of God. 

He is the Lord, he guides from within. His judgement is not the same as our judgement, of coarse he is not blind, but he guides not according to ourway. 

He said his burden , the yolk he put on us is something we can carry, he said it is lite, it is easy, so let us not put all our righteousness as a requirement upon others and all at once. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check.

If we take this passage in its context we get the meaning of it.

The coming of Jesus and his sacrifice for all that believe presents the question "well what about all those in the past that never had the chance to hear the Gospel because they were before Jesus time"? Paul answers this in the verses you have quoted, this all falls comfortably into the category of having faith in God . God knows the hearts of all men and knows if they are truly seeking Him. (I can't help but wonder how this applies to the person secluded on an island in the middle of the ocean or in the jungles of the Amazon totally detached from the rest of the world.)

Christs sacrifice includes the forgiveness of ALL sin and the fulfilling of that forgiveness is in a persons faith in Gods righteousness. Paul is saying that all in the past that had faith in God are covered by the blood as well.

Paul writes extensively about faith in God in both Romans and Hebrews. check out Abraham (Rom 4:3)           

Those of us from Christ on to the present have the benefit of having the gospel revealed to us whereas the people before Jesus could only hope.

This is not talking about OUR past sin (although it includes them). It is talking about the sin of the PEOPLE in the past. 

20 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work to be save, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.  

Once we have been saved we then start to work that outwards. Paul is saying to then start working outward what you believe inward. For most of us that goes against the sinful culture we have been living in, that takes some determination in many cases and results in some scary situations as we confront opposition to our new spiritual life. I can think of many times when I worked my salvation outwards in some very awkward and counter cultural circumstances. Fear and trembling, definitely....but what a high knowing that the Holy Spirit was working through me!

It's all part of our sanctification.

Edited by Mike 2
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Salvation is based on several things. Or maybe 1 thing, you have to obey Jesus. The devils believe in Him too and they shudder. Maybe the problem is most people who think they're saved aren't.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, JTC said:

Salvation is based on several things. Or maybe 1 thing, you have to obey Jesus. The devils believe in Him too and they shudder. Maybe the problem is most people who think they're saved aren't.

Yes.  This is truth.

16 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Yes, and this is happening a lot as the world and the lusts of the flesh fascinates many:

"Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful." - Matthew 13:22

When someone new hears of "once saved always saved" and is then left alone, this happens:

"When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside." - Matthew 13:19

And this refers to those who have received the Word, and has the Spirit:

"But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." - Matthew 13:23

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

JESUS own words............THEY receive THE WORD,  YEAH THE WORD with JOY,  but in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

THE WORD.    They receive not satans word, IT WAS JESUS and they fell away from HIM.   like peter once said

Far worse it is having come and TASTED righteousness , then went back to THA DUNG PIT .  AND IT HAPPENS according to the TRUE PROVERB.  whether mans doctrines

say so or not. IT DOES HAPPEN .  MANY fall away

I believe that both Your closest friendt and the other poster are referring to the same verses but I think it is important to notice that in verse 23 that the person that bears fruit is the one that understands. Some hear the word but don't get how it can not only save them but transform their life. The others hear the word accept it but don't work out their salvation to produce fruit, just because someone is not producing fruit doesn't mean they aren't saved, although it makes you wonder.

This can't be used to argue that we can lose our salvation as this is talking about how people deal with receiving the words of Jesus and living in the Kingdom.

The ones that "fell away" are falling away from Jesus teachings on how to live a life through the lens of the Kingdom.

Can we take a look at what Peter was talking about in the passage you mentioned?  What was it?

27 minutes ago, JTC said:

I think you are right that there are those that think they are saved but aren't.

Eph 2:8  for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 
Eph 2:9  not of works, that no one would boast.

I can see our sanctification depending on obeying Jesus. That works move us closer to a Christ like life as we put into practice his teachings as a result of believing them.

You say salvation is based on our obeying Jesus. What does that look like?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Oh....wow.... ah, I was kinda hoping for a bible passage that indicates we are to obey Jesus in order to be saved

Thanks for the indication of the library though, I didn't know it was available.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

20 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

just because someone is not producing fruit doesn't mean they aren't saved, although it makes you wonder.

This is all about abiding in the true vine, which is Jesus Christ.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me." - John 15:4

Those who are in Him bears fruit:

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

And those who are not in Him cannot bear fruit:

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." - John 15:6