• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Pride is unbecoming. 

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Having a high iq doesnt guarantee you have any real smarts. After all someone as smart as stephen hawking doesnt grasp that he needs Jesus. 

I know but that does't help answer the question

• Group:  Senior Member

34 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Have you tried Google? :)

Of course but that is my point, the evidence doesn't exist. I would just like one person here to understand what I am explaining. Who will be the first? I wonder.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

find me some evidence that the current 7 day rolling week goes all the way back to Adam? Or at least beyond the Julian calendar, that we now call the Gregorian calendar. This calendar was introduced by Julius Caesar in 46BC: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

When this new calendar was created it was for the express reason that there were hundreds of different calendars that were being  used across the Roman Empire and Julius want to standardise them so that arranging meetings and making plans with the various leaders and people groups would be much easier. 

Now up to then the Romans were using a calendar with an 8 day rolling week:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Only the Romans were using this 8 day week calendar in the province of Rome within Italy, only! Meanwhile the Israelites had been using there own 7 day week calendar for hundreds of years before the Romans ever existed. So how did the two different calendar weeks get to match up perfectly? Did the Roman's use the Jewish timing of their weekly cycle? Did they use this obscure religious sects timing, a group of people who lived over a 1000 miles away. Who were only known as one of the most troublesome groups within the Roman Empire?

Greek mathematician Sosigenes who Julius Caesar employed to create the new calendar simply removed one of the 8 days (Market day) from the old Roman calendar just as history records, so the chances of the current 7 day week matching the Jewish week is only a 1 in 7 chance. 

Are you able to find the evidence that Sosigenes got these two different calendar weeks to match up? 

Israel has been observing the same day as the Sabbath for 4,000 years.   It started when God gave a double portion of manna on the Seventh day.

Furthermore, going back in time, all cultures had calendars of some kind due not only the harvest but international trade and commerce.

So any notion that we simply don't know what the seven-day week really is, is just nonsense.

Jesus never accused the Jews of observing the wrong day as the Sabbath, either.  So we can be sure that we are on the right track.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus said that only the Father knows the answer to your question.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

To me this is very simple to understand but getting others to seems nigh on impossible but then again my IQ is about 140 so forgive me if I sound exasperated.

For by the grace what was  given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.Romans 12:3

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.Proverbs 16:18

• This is Worthy 1

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Israel has been observing the same day as the Sabbath for 4,000 years.   It started when God gave a double portion of manna on the Seventh day.

Furthermore, going back in time, all cultures had calendars of some kind due not only the harvest but international trade and commerce.

So any notion that we simply don't know what the seven-day week really is, is just nonsense.

Jesus never accused the Jews of observing the wrong day as the Sabbath, either.  So we can be sure that we are on the right track.

Yes of course Jesus observed the Sabbath on the correct day on the Calendar the Jews used, which was the same Sabbath that God established. However, I'm talking about the Julian calendar which is what the OP explained. You did not understand the OP. Is there no one here who has the intelligence to understand it?

11 hours ago, Willa said:

Jesus said that only the Father knows the answer to your question.  

You did not understand the OP. 

21 hours ago, Yowm said:

Why should they? A solar year is 365 days +1 added every four years. That is not divisible evenly by 52 (7 day week) or 45 (8 day week). Whatever way a nation wants to divide the earth's orbit around the sun (1 year) the weeks will be an irregular number.

If there was no wobble, we could divide the 360 deg orbit into 12 months each consisting of 30 days giving us 360. But still, where would that leave us when we try dividing the 360 days into weeks of 7 days each? 

365/7 = 52.1428571 and yet 360/8= 45, thus it appears the Roman system was implemented thinking they had a workable even system but had no idea of that 1/4 day per year discrepancy.

He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.
(Dan 7:25)

You did not understand the OP. I'm not talking about anything you've mentioned.  

Guest shiloh357
Just now, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

Yes of course Jesus observed the Sabbath on the correct day on the Calendar the Jews used, which was the same Sabbath that God established. However, I'm talking about the Julian calendar which is what the OP explained. You did not understand the OP. Is there no one here who has the intelligence to understand it?

The Julian calendar was in effect throughout the Roman empire around 40 BC.   So the Julian calendar was being used, even in the province of Judea by the time of Christ and so the Sabbath that God established for Israel was being observed on the correct day even on the Julian calendar.   The Jews had more than one calendar that coincided with the worldly calendars.  

It appears that you are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.   Typical of false teachers.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

The Julian calendar was in effect throughout the Roman empire around 40 BC.   So the Julian calendar was being used, even in the province of Judea by the time of Christ and so the Sabbath that God established for Israel was being observed on the correct day even on the Julian calendar.   The Jews had more than one calendar that coincided with the worldly calendars.  

It appears that you are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.   Typical of false teachers.

There is no evidence that the Jews or Jesus used the Julian calendar, not until 359 AD. If however you can show me some evidence they were using it as you say then please show me. I would be happy to accept any evidence you can find. Thank you.