• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Luke 8:11-15

The Parable of the Sower Explained

11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Hi MissMuffet,

Great topic. I love the reminder to keep watch over what we allow into our hearts. It seems to be something that is ongoing, that we need to continually keep in mind. And get to a point where we are willing for God to show us those "wicked ways" in us that we need to change. 

I hope that you have a great week. Blessings :)

The verse that keeps coming back to me over the past eighteen months or so is Psalms 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

As a farm boy I have though a lot about this passage as well in that God could change the nature of the rock, the brambles, and the soil beneath us -but perhaps it is best put that when we were healed and convicted by the Holy Spirit we grow and succeed in that otherwise hostile environment like the grass in the cracks of your driveway and the tall pines we see clutched to the side of the mountain- true we were not on the good side of the tracks but it is not a perceived inborn weakness thereafter given the necessity of moving mountains to 'supplant' us.

Amen.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, dprprb said:

we grow and succeed in that otherwise hostile environment like the grass in the cracks of your driveway and the tall pines we see clutched to the side of the mountain- true we were not on the good side of the tracks but it is not a perceived inborn weakness thereafter given the necessity of moving mountains to 'supplant' us.

Amen.  HalleluYAH !   YES !   Yahweh prepares our hearts and minds and souls to receive Him,  even giving us the very desire to seek His Kingdom, to seek HIM, to turn to Him for HELP!!  Or we would never turn to Him - the desire to seek Him is HIS GIFT in SHEER GRACE YES ! YES ! YES ! 

So also later, after we are 'recovered'/  healed,/ saved/  we may then in turn pray for others who are lost, that Yahweh may move on their hearts and their souls and their minds as He did out of sheer grace, unmerited , for us all......

Pray that the veil is lifted , not by us, but by the only One Who is Able to lift the veil - YAHWEH (GOD) ....... PRAISE HIM FOREVER ! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

The Lord has been convicting me of 'why the double nature of your heart?" as in..

Mat 6:24
  "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Jas 4:8
(8)  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Our hearts so easily are drawn away from simple devotion, love and obedience to our Lord.

Beware and be on guard against the sin that does so easily beset us.   Take all thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ and run the race, casting the weight of wicked

sin aside and run in the power of the grace of Christ within.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Examine thyself, and keep in the DOCTRINE ,    feast on the holy scrips , by which if one does, they shall be made wise unto salvation through faith in Christ.

FEED on the holy doctrine, the doctrine which instructs us in righteous living , that the man o God may be PERFECT.

ponder that , the next time anyone stands in any church and trys to lessen the dire importance of knowing thy bible .    Many decievers

make many a fair speech, yet they take away from the pure doctrine , the dire need to KNOW IT , they lessen this and put the emphasis on their own doctrine.

BUT ponder what pual was telling lil tim.     That the man of GOD may be PERFECT , unto all good works .   And he said DOCTRINE .    oh yeah.

flee any who even tries in any way to lessen the dire importance of knowing HOLY SCRIPS.   cause many be a doing this in subtile sneaky ways.

The most common way they do this , is they use examples of days long gone by.  they will say things like way back when they didn't KNOW or have scrips.

Sure they did .   but this is one way of getting the dire importance of Having to know them scrips as seeming less dire to have to know .  they real sneaky. they are .

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

they will say things like way back when they didn't KNOW or have scrips.

"when they didn't KNOW" ?   They (believers IN the BODY, IN SCRIPTURE (THEY had) )  were "continuously ,  " [not occasionally]  "FULL"  [not part way, nor half-way full] "of "RIGHTEOUSNESS, " [right standing with Yahweh DAILY], 

"PEACE" [not as the world gives;  PERFECT PEACE, unshakeable PEACE, a gift from the FATHER to everyone abiding IN JESUS, immersed in His Name] 

and "JOY"  [overflowing JOY,  continuously, DAILY,  that could not be overcome by any circumstances] ...

so , then,  a good sign of BEING IN HIS KINGDOM, (now, today, on earth),  is "continuous fullness overflowing of Peace, Joy and Righteousness" ..... 

with a "pure heart" (required, of course);

with "clean hands" (helpful at least, if not required),

and with "a RIGHT SPIRIT within" (not disobedient in thought, motives, reasons, or deeds/ actions) .....

AS Yahweh's Word (TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT ) all perfectly and completely testify to. (God's Plan and Purpose for everyone who loves Him, who is called according to HIS PURPOSE (SALVATION) in CHRIST JESUS (TODAY). )...

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I've said it before but parable of the sower always terrifies me, when I struggle to bring forth fruit, my mind immediately thinks that I landed in the thorny places, and as someone who has a history of major depression, that passage is an icy shock and brings to mind all that is at stake. 

The war against sin is a scary, body-ridden, bloody battlefield and sometimes guys escape it by crawling to safety with half their limbs blown off. Sorry for the crazy description but that is what it feels like to me.   

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,218
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

What is the condition of your heart?

Hopefully on the mend in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.

The condition of our hearts without God as a guide, can become quite lost. Praise God that He came for those needing a pĥysician and looking to Him for healing.

• Thumbs Up 1