• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I work very hard on my body to keep it in shape and healthy. When I go out and dress sexy, it is not slutty with my breast hanging out. I mean I work at my physical appearence and it makes me feel good to wear flattering things. Hey, if someone gets out of line with me, well, they look like the idiot, not me. Sexy is for my husband but it is also for me. :taped:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

You said it best: "If the Bible tells me to dress in an appropiate way, then that's all I need to know."

Modest dress also exhibits a Godly sense of humility as opposed to a worldly sense of pride.

I would agree, but what is "modest"? Mennonites would say a woman is sinning if she wears a skirt above her ankle. Someone else would say a woman is sinning if she wears a tank top. It's just another one of those things where one has to listen to the Holy Spirit and check their heart, no hard and fast rules.

Constant - :taped: You're right - big difference between "flattering" and "slutty".

I would agree, but what is "modest"? Mennonites would say a woman is sinning if she wears a skirt above her ankle.  Someone else would say a woman is sinning if she wears a tank top.  It's just another one of those things where one has to listen to the Holy Spirit and check their heart, no hard and fast rules.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you. Listen to what your heart and mind are saying. You will know what is appropriate for you to wear and if you don't well, I know my husband will lol!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I definitely believe in a woman dressing modestly. The main motivator for me is, besides the Bible telling us flat out to be modest, that I don't want to cause somebody to lust. I guess the way I decide if something is appropriate or not is if it could make a man lust or not (I realize some men will lust over a beautiful face but I'm not covering my face - sorry). My husband tells me that men are generally extremely easy to stimulate.

Sometimes we dress a certain way because of pride. We want to keep up with what everyone else is wearing. We want to look "as good" as everyone else. We want to fit in.

You can't make anyone feel convicted about anything. It take the Holy Spirit. Sometimes God will use believers to start fellow believers thinking about these kinds of subjects. Preachers generally preach about sin. We can't avoid a subject just because some people don't like it. I would never tell someone who wasn't on the right level in their relationship with Christ that they weren't dressing appropriately. I'd have to be very close to someone to bring something like that up. I would wait for them to ask and then be honest.

My husband worked in a factory that had no air conditioning and the "ladies" dressed very skimpily. It was very hard for my husband. Luckily, he works mostly in a male environment now where the uniform includes jeans (not shorts).

Now, I have wondered, if a woman was really, really large - would it be a sin for her to dress with cleavage and other flesh showing? I mean, who is gonna lust after her? That's a horrible thought, I know.

I definitely believe in a woman dressing modestly.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Annette, there are men that are attracted to large women. :taped:

If a person shouldn't dress to "fit in" , what is the alternative? Should they dress differently then the current times?

[

Annette, there are men that are attracted to large women.  :taped:

If a person shouldn't dress to "fit in" , what is the alternative? Should they dress differently then the current times?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was only teasing about the big women.

I guess "fit in" might be not quite the right language. Maybe their dressing to get attention. I don't guess I would stand out in a normal crowd real bad but I would be different from some. It depends on what group your running with. I buy most of my clothes at Wal Mart so I guess it's not different from current times.

For the sake of argument, what