• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, no.   Explain it to me.   Give me the nuts and bolts of exactly how wearing a physical head covering would have kept Eve from being deceived. 

I thought you could have worked that out for yourself, given your reputation. I am not talking about a physical head covering. Like I said, think spiritually. Eve began speaking to the serpent on her own. Perhaps, perhaps, if she had acknowledged her dependence upon her husband and Creator (headship) she may not have been so bold as to believe she could debate with the serpent on matters clearly beyond her understanding. She may rather have given her husband that reponsibilty, who may have in turn acknowledged his headb even Christ, saying "the Lord rebuke you".

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, brakelite said:

I thought you could have worked that out for yourself, given your reputation.

I am good at working things out when they are actually biblical and coherent.  I am not good at reading people's minds.  The problem is that you made a claim you can't back up and are deflecting from that by blaming me for not being able to twist the Bible sufficiently to make such incoherent claims make sense. 

I am not talking about a physical head covering. Like I said, think spiritually. Eve began speaking to the serpent on her own. Perhaps, perhaps, if she had acknowledged her dependence upon her husband and Creator (headship) she may not have been so bold as to believe she could debate with the serpent on matters clearly beyond her understanding. She may rather have given her husband that reponsibilty, who may have in turn acknowledged his headb even Christ, saying "the Lord rebuke you".

"Think Spiritually"  isn't a response.  You knew what you meant by that, but I didn't know what you meant.  Sometimes what is clear to you, may not be clear to others and you need to actually explain what you mean.  I realize that may be a novel concept, but that's part of conversation.

Then perhaps you should not used the phrase, "wearing a head covering"  and maybe you should have just said what you meant when I asked for clarification.    Was that just too much to expect?

55 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am good at working things out when they are actually biblical and coherent.  I am not good at reading people's minds.  The problem is that you made a claim you can't back up and are deflecting from that by blaming me for not being able to twist the Bible sufficiently to make such incoherent claims make sense. 

"Think Spiritually"  isn't a response.  You knew what you meant by that, but I didn't know what you meant.  Sometimes what is clear to you, may not be clear to others and you need to actually explain what you mean.  I realize that may be a novel concept, but that's part of conversation.

Then perhaps you should not used the phrase, "wearing a head covering"  and maybe you should have just said what you meant when I asked for clarification.    Was that just too much to expect?

You are right, my apologies.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, brakelite said:

The problem is that you made a claim you can't back up and are deflecting from that by blaming me for not being able to twist the Bible sufficiently to make such incoherent claims make sense. 

I trust my explanation was sufficient to back up my original thoughts. Tin foil hats aside, I am not so naive to think that any physical hat could have saved this world from the misery and woe that ensued. I was speaking about the principles behind the practice of head-covering...principles that existed long before the symbolism was established.

Edited by brakelite

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, angels4u said:

Wearing a head covering has nothing to do with preventing evil spirits to rise  up,becareful to keep it scriptual.it shows obedience to God and the angels give testimony of that.

I don't understand what is meant that the angels give testimony of that........would be glad to be shown some scripture for that Angels, thanks.

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

As God Says in His Word:  God is the head of Christ.  Christ is the head of man.  And man is the head of woman.  (yes, even single woman.) ...

This does not prevent woman from standing at the throne of God with all the believers immersed in Jesus Name, all fellow members of His body.

But those who rebel against God's Word,  those who bring something else with them (as we all have BEFORE we come to Christ) ,  have to learn somehow and in God's time to let go of all that is not of God.

This is well explained of all those who are in Christ in this from worthychristianlibrary.com >>>  this is a short excerpt:

Worthy Christian Library » Watchman Nee » The Release of the Spirit » Chapter 3 – Recognizing “the Thing in Hand”

Chapter 3 – Recognizing “the Thing in Hand”

Let me first explain our topic. Suppose a father asks his son to do a certain thing. The son answers, “Right now I have something in my hand ; as soon as I finish it I will do what you order.” “The thing in hand” is the thing which the son is doing prior to his father’s orders. Immediately we recognize that we all have those “things in our hands” which hinder us in our walk with God. It might be anything-a good, important or seemingly necessary thing-which preoccupies us and diverts our attention. As long as the outward man remains unbroken, we shall most likely find our hands full of things. Our outward man has its own religious interests, appetites, concerns and labors. So when the Spirit of God moves in our spirit, our outward man cannot answer God’s call. Thus it is the “thing in hand” which blocks the way to spiritual usefulness.

We are allowed to ask God for wisdom about things, brother.  Maybe you never asked Him for wisdom about head coverings because you are not a woman.  I was raised in a dead religion that also sometimes encouraged head covering for women and I guess that's why sometimes I do ask Him for His wisdom about things because I know I lack it unless He shows me.  I don't want to do things just for the sake of religious pageantry and outward appearance or bowing to pressure and submitting out of fear of man, I prefer to have at least some understanding and make sure in my heart that HE is the one I am serving and obeying and not dead religion or man............and the Lord is so gracious to answer my prayer and upbraideth not.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, angels4u said:

You're putting your own spin on head coverings as this is not what the Bible teachers us.

Sister, it's perfectly ok with me if you don't agree........as long as we agree that women are to wear a head covering in our gatherings, I don't think it's at all necessary that we agree on why.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Then what are you talking about in regard to it being a safeguard to temptation?

If it genuinely interests you, maybe go back and carefully read what I have said, not that I consider I have said it very well....but at least ask God for understanding.  And dont' let it trouble you brother, I don't believe it's necessary that we all agree on the reasons for head covering........although on the other hand I think it helps to have some understanding in order to avoid religiosity about the practice.  I guess I'm sensitive about that aspect, having been deceived by religion in my youth, before I came to know the Lord.  I think it's ok if we just consider head covering to be a propriety though, in my opinion.

Guest shiloh357
51 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

If it genuinely interests you, maybe go back and carefully read what I have said, not that I consider I have said it very well....but at least ask God for understanding.  And dont' let it trouble you brother, I don't believe it's necessary that we all agree on the reasons for head covering........although on the other hand I think it helps to have some understanding in order to avoid religiosity about the practice.  I guess I'm sensitive about that aspect, having been deceived by religion in my youth, before I came to know the Lord.  I think it's ok if we just consider head covering to be a propriety though, in my opinion.

So you're not going to answer the question, right? 

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Sister, it's perfectly ok with me if you don't agree........as long as we agree that women are to wear a head covering in our gatherings, I don't think it's at all necessary that we agree on why.

I didn't say we must wear head coverings but not to judge anybody who does wear them, God hears and loves us either way.