• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Sanctum said:

Accepting that the Christian woman's headcovering is Biblical, how should it be practiced?

I have just withdrawn my membership from a church where a certain type of headcovering was standard. We wear our hair up in a bun with a stiff, pleated white cap pinned over the back of our heads. This headcovering style defines this particular church and is almost a symbol of identity.

Now that I'm no longer a member, I'm not sure that I should keep wearing the same headcovering, as it seems like stating that I'm part of this church. But what are some practical considerations for modesty and a covering that is wearable and clearly Christian, but not identified with any particular church?

Is it modest to wear your hair down and a covering over? What type of headcoverings do you wear? Do you make your own or buy them? Do people recognize them as Christian?

1Cor 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Its not speaking of a head covering at but "power"  which is Christ.

Why?  " because of the angels."    It the third influx of fallen angels.    

Jesus Christ returns to this earth at the 7th trumpet,  He is coming back for His virgin bride.   That takes in both genders, male and female.   Think Spiritually.

2Cor 11:2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

2Cor 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Cor 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Cor 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Greek transforming:G3345
μετασχηματίζω
metaschēmatizō
met-askh-ay-mat-id'-zo
From G3326 and a derivative of G4976; to transfigure or disguise; figuratively to apply (by accommodation): - transfer, transform (self).

2Cor 11:14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed(disguied) into an angel of light.

2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The man of sin, the son of perdition is Satan.

2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2Cor 11:15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed(disguied) as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

They are disguised as "angels of righteousness" and there are aprox 7000 of them.   They will die in the streets of Jerusalem.

Rev 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Rev 12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8  And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Great dragon,  that old serpent, Devil, ~all names of Satan  and his fallen angels(third influx) .     

So you see that is why its important to have "the power of Christ" over your heads because they are returning at the 6th trumpet, 6 seal, 6 vial.

Luke 10:18  And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luke 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

As God is always Right,  of course there is a good reason to listen to His Word and to seek from Him His Understanding.

It is largely in the last of the 19th century that rebellion grew and grew and grew against God's Word in all areas, including head covering ,  which is just one aspect directed by God for the beauty of His orchestration and the true and pure testimony of His ekklesia on earth and our overcoming of the world His Way - by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony (our lives abiding IN CHRIST JESUS).

So few people throughout the United States have been encouraging or seen encouragement to honor God and to honor His Word that many distractions instead have gained prominence and priority in most places (opposed to God).

This includes what angels just questioned:

That idea/ doctrine was introduced from pagan and heathen sources long ago. (found by quick search noted in an earlier post).

It's obvious that nobody is understanding what I'm saying........and what I'm saying is purely from scripture, I received it from no other source.  So once you understand what it is I'm actually trying to say..........THEN judge it.  That's all I have to say about it now, without repeating myself or taking this thread off track for many pages.  Bless you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

A head covering is not an impediment to sinful self-indulgence.  Who told you that head coverings are a safeguard against temptation?

I'm not thinking in terms of "sinful self-indulgence" shiloh......wouldn't even know how that would even be possible in a church gathering.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

It's a sign on our head.......which means its a reminder.......because of the angels.  But I don't want to debate these things on this thread.  Bless you angels.

Basics of the headcovering.

Posted on November 27, 2013

Plymouth Brethren teach that women are to have their heads covered during church meetings, while men are to have their heads uncovered. This is based on 1 Corinthians 11:1-16.

The argument from scripture is that man is the glory of Christ, woman is the glory of man, and a woman’s hair is her glory. Therefore for a man to be covered is to cover the glory of Christ, so he remains uncovered. A woman’s hair is given to her as a covering so she is not displayed as man’s glory, but her hair must also be covered so that the only glory in the room is the glory of Christ. The headcovering is considered a symbol of authority, since man is head of the woman and Christ is head over all. The reference to the angels in verse 10 is considered to be proof that this passage is not merely cultural, since angels exist outside of culture and time. Since the book of 1 Corinthians is addressed to “all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,” this is taken to mean that nothing in the book is cultural or specific to just the church at Corinth.

The type of headcovering varies depending on personal preference and conviction. Some women wear a lace circle that covers the top of their head, while others wear a lace veil that covers more of their hair. I would wear a scarf wrapped around my hair so that none of my hair showed during the meetings.https://plymouthbrethrendropout.wordpress.com/category/plymouth-brethren-distinctives/headcovering/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is the style of headcovering I wear right now. There's nothing wrong with it except that it's immediately identifiable with a certain church. To be honest, it's also uncomfortable to keep long hair up in a bun all the time.

images.jpg

I was thinking of wearing my hair down with a covering more like this:

images (2).jpg

Maybe this is more a modesty question. Is the second covering, with hair down, modest and appropriate for a Christian woman? 

images (4).jpg

Or this one? One issue is that it needs to be something obviously religious and obviously Christian. Hijabs, like one poster mentioned, appear modest and beautiful - but they are instantly recognizable as Muslim. Many headcoverings could easily be mistaken for fashion or weather wear.

Experience has taught me the value of being known immediately as a Christian woman from my covering. It reminds me when in public that my life is an open book - a witness to everyone I meet. It protects me from temptation and keeps me safe from harm, attended by angels. And most importantly it's a visible reminder of submission to God and man.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

I'm not thinking in terms of "sinful self-indulgence" shiloh......wouldn't even know how that would even be possible in a church gathering.

Then what are you talking about in regard to it being a safeguard to temptation?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Then what are you talking about in regard to it being a safeguard to temptation?

If Eve was wearing a head-covering when speaking of spiritual matters with the serpent, perhaps she may not have been so easily deceived.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, brakelite said:

If Eve was wearing a head-covering when speaking of spiritual matters with the serpent, perhaps she may not have been so easily deceived.

And how do figure that?   How would a head covering have prevented her  from being deceived? 

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Just now, shiloh357 said:

And how do figure that?   How would a head covering have prevented her  from being deceived? 

Think spiritually.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Think spiritually.

No, no.   Explain it to me.   Give me the nuts and bolts of exactly how wearing a physical head covering would have kept Eve from being deceived.