• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

What grieves me the most about Mven and other "if you go to church on Sunday you're damned" posters here on Worthy is the fact they may snag new believers in their web.

And once a baby Christian boards that legalism train--with all the heartache, and the "if I can just do MORE works, then God will accept me" junk that entails--it's very hard for them to get off.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

We have to be careful we do not tear the lambs to shreds in our rush to catch a wolf. That is why the tares AND the wheat are not harvested until ripe.

Oh, please...  Stop with the whiny victim-hood garbage... She is being challenged on her works-based system of righteousness.   Do you agree with her that salvation is conditional upon Sabbath observance?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus didn't coddle false teachers.  We are called to expose the wolves, not praise them and sing them to sleep and make them comfortable in their sin. 

Is speaking the truth in love what you call coddling and singing to sleep, or is that what we are to do.  Jesus did not level personal insults at people brother......that's not even abiding by the rules here.  Why is it so hard for some to stick to discussing the issues......and in a right SPIRIT of sincerity, not in the flesh.  A lot of what we have seen on this thread is of not of Christ, oh dear brother, it just is not, goodness me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Is speaking the truth in love what you call coddling and singing to sleep, or is that what we are to do. 

I am seeing a lot of coddling and not very much discerning in your posts.   You clearly do not understand her position.

Jesus did not level personal insults at people brother......that's not even abiding by the rules here. 

Actually, Jesus told the religious leaders that their father was the devil and He called them sons of Hell.

Why is it so hard for some to stick to discussing the issues......and in a right SPIRIT of sincerity, not in the flesh.  A lot of what we have seen on this thread is of not of Christ, oh dear brother, it just is not, goodness me.

Actually, what you have seen here is false teaching being called out for what it is and a whole lot of inconvenient truth.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

What grieves me the most about Mven and other "if you go to church on Sunday you're damned" posters here on Worthy is the fact they may snag new believers in their web.

And once a baby Christian boards that legalism train--with all the heartache, and the "if I can just do MORE works, then God will accept me" junk that entails--it's very hard for them to get off.

No difference really - or do you think people are saved because they go to church either on sunday or on sabbath ?

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

Why would you say "no difference really" and why  on earth would you even need to ask that question?  by his post?

What he posted was clear as a bell.  Your post seems to try to add confusion or be a purposeful deflection.

That's only because you don't have discernment to do as God's Word does - dividing even to the bone and marrow like a sharp two edged sword - revealing even the "thoughts AND motives" of the hearts.....

And you (apparently ) haven't seen what's going on.   (no, don't ask yet)  It might be posted later, if YHWH permits.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Short answer: no, I don't think it makes one whit of difference what day of the week I attend church. But to the SDA and other Sabbatarian cultists it makes all the difference in the world. If you can ever pin them down and make them admit they think we go to church on Sunday AREN'T damned--and good luck with that--you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! :D

5 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

Short answer: no, I don't think it makes one whit of difference what day of the week I attend church. But to the SDA and other Sabbatarian cultists it makes all the difference in the world. If you can ever pin them down and make them admit they think we go to church on Sunday AREN'T damned--and good luck with that--you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! :D

Hmmmm......   still a mystery, a great mystery to most people on earth - since as acknowledged by many long timers on this forum (some Christians), and many short timers on this forum (some Christians),  most sunday church goers have little statistical chance of going to heaven ever,  unless they repent and leave/come out of / baby lon/ the one world church/... (2 billion +/-) ....

without any reference at all , nor concern with,  anyone who honors YHWH'S Sabbath.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

This thread has certainly ran it's course, locked.