Jump to content
Dennis1209

SORCERIES

Recommended Posts

A major announcement which I believe to have prophetic importance. With California’s recently legalized use of marijuana as a recreational drug, and clean needle swap and distribution programs at taxpayer expense. Does anyone see anything possibly prophetic in the passage of this new immoral and dangerous law? It seems almost a law, that anything that starts in California rapidly sweeps the rest of the United States, then spreads to the rest of the free world. I could cite everything from clothes, to music to fads to pornography.

Already there are other countries that have taxpayer financed clean needle programs for drug addicts, Holland being prime in my mind. What reputable physiologist or physician would argue that marijuana is not a gateway drug? Let’s examine some prophetic possibilities here for the moment dealing with biblical end-times if you will and take a closer look.

As history is replete with examples and easily seen today. Drugs are associated with mind altering states, another gateway to the occult and demonic possession. That’s some recreation huh? Recreational drugs and dependency greatly diminish ones ability and desire to productively and safely work and support themselves and their families, constantly looking for their next fix. Therefor they support their habit by the most immediate means possible; robbing, stealing, murdering and committing serious crimes. Anyone starting to see a global pattern going on here? Ask any drug addict to honestly tell you what the most important thing in their life is? More important than themselves, you, their children, mothers and fathers. How would they honestly respond? How much pain, suffering, body deterioration, family severs and death will they incur before they repent? Answer: The overwhelming majority have only one thing on their mind, their next high and how they are going to get it. It takes preeminence in their lives and they serve it.

Early on or just before or in the tribulation we have this: Re 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts. [emphasis mine].

The word sorceries is the Greek word “Pharmakѐia”, from where our English word pharmacy derives. Meaning medication, drugs and witchcraft. Are we starting to put anything together yet?

I’ve often wondered why, during the terrible plagues, disasters and horrendous times prior to and during the tribulation, why the mass would not repent, and accept Christ as their Savior?

I think part of the answer is they’re all strung out on drugs, don’t care, a portion of them demonically possessed, going on crime rampages to support their addictions and next high. It seems to make sense to me.

Look at the speed in which illegal and recreational drug use has swept the US and globally, and how fast it’s increasing. The drug cartel’s can’t ship drugs fast enough to keep up with demand. And we haven’t even touched the prescription drugs yet!

Got a sore elbow, we have a pill for that. Can’t sleep, we got a pill for that. Have anxiety or sleep problems, well then, come and see me, we have a pill for that too. You do not see many statistics on the percentage of the global population addicted to prescription drugs. I suspect the percentage is much higher than most people realize.

In conclusion: I think this might be what the world looks like, even prior to the tribulation. As we are getting a hard glimpse today of where we’re heading. It’s not hard to see how things are shaping up, along with other biblical prophesy converging as we speak. Time is short, it’s close.
 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

and clean needle swap

In mass. when they get clean needles they also teach them, how to not over dose, I think it's good, I don't like that pot is going to be sold here though, because in the summer the smoke comes in my window's so I have to keep them shut, until I find out who's smoking it, then I'll try to get them to smoke it outside away from the building.

Luckily the landlord is on my side with the pot, so if they won't willingly smoke outside I can tell him.

With pot being sold here soon, kids will be breathing in second hand smoke, and getting high even if they don't want to.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fact that fewer and fewer people believe in God at the same time that more and more seek a state of intoxication  is no coincidence .

We live in a time when the spiraling down of society is accelerating rapidly .

Drug & alcohol use is just the manifestation of the desperation that is being felt by more and more on a deeper and deeper level .

Last year death by drugs overtook death by auto accidents as the number 1 cause of death in ages 16 - 30 for the first time ever  . 

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, john1 said:

In mass. when they get clean needles they also teach them, how to not over dose, I think it's good, I don't like that pot is going to be sold here though, because in the summer the smoke comes in my window's so I have to keep them shut, until I find out who's smoking it, then I'll try to get them to smoke it outside away from the building.

Luckily the landlord is on my side with the pot, so if they won't willingly smoke outside I can tell him.

With pot being sold here soon, kids will be breathing in second hand smoke, and getting high even if they don't want to.

Yeah, I didn't even think about that. Naturally I've smelled it several times in my life and it stinks bad. I sure wouldn't want to live next to someone in an apartment or condo or anywhere close to those who smoke it. I can also see some hard feelings over the issue developing between neighbors as you brought up.

Using some critical thinking, doesn't it seem ironic to use taxpayer money to give addicts classes on how not to overdose? One way or another, the taxpayer and working citizen is going to flip the bill with emergency room treatment, healthcare, their loss of property and retail theft, etc., so they can finance their addiction. And now the government is condoning and supporting it? Makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dennis

Nice to meet you.  I believe that Satan has a many pronged way of attack to cause the breakdown of society, especially in families.  I agree wholeheartedly with you.  We have seen it for many years.

Here in Australia our law enforcement officers have just stopped a supply of ICE worth over $1B from reaching our streets.  I think it weighed over 1 tonne (in metric measurement).  The fight against these drugs is monumental.  I have thought for a while that the reason a lot of people will not be able to bow the knee to the Lord is that they will not be in their right mind; given over to delusion.  As far as marijuana being a gateway is concerned - the year before I gave my life to Jesus I was searching for the truth, and smoked a lot of it.  I was pondering whether or not to enhance my search with something a bit more potent ..... yes, it was a gateway, for sure.  Then Jesus saved me and I went no further; never even smoked any more weed.  My addiction to tobacco took a bit longer but He set me free from that as well.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I think the fact that fewer and fewer people believe in God at the same time that more and more seek a state of intoxication  is no coincidence .

We live in a time when the spiraling down of society is accelerating rapidly .

Drug & alcohol use is just the manifestation of the desperation that is being felt by more and more on a deeper and deeper level .

Last year death by drugs overtook death by auto accidents as the number 1 cause of death in ages 16 - 30 for the first time ever  . 

And the sad part is, it's only going to get worse. We went from Reagan with, "just say no to drugs" and declaring war on drugs. To here, have a clean needle and this is how much to snort or inject not to kill yourself immediately. To, awe is only pot, what's the difference between recreational use of pot and having a beer at the ballgame? The door has been opened and now it's going to spread just like their wildfires. 

In addition to what you mentioned above about auto deaths related to drug use. If you were to take just a wild guess, are automobile impairments and fatality accidents by legal recreational pot use, and illegal driving under the influence of pot, going to exponentially increase or no? 

Once hooked, drug treatment programs have minimal success and an extremely high relapse rate. Unless you're wealthy and can afford the best programs medical science has to offer, a person is stuck with taxpayer drug dependency programs, and you get what you pay for. But the majority will never sincerely seek help and will eventually be a plague on civilized society to feed their addiction until they're overcome and consumed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

A major announcement which I believe to have prophetic importance. With California’s recently legalized use of marijuana as a recreational drug, and clean needle swap and distribution programs at taxpayer expense. Does anyone see anything possibly prophetic in the passage of this new immoral and dangerous law? It seems almost a law, that anything that starts in California rapidly sweeps the rest of the United States, then spreads to the rest of the free world. I could cite everything from clothes, to music to fads to pornography.

Already there are other countries that have taxpayer financed clean needle programs for drug addicts, Holland being prime in my mind. What reputable physiologist or physician would argue that marijuana is not a gateway drug? Let’s examine some prophetic possibilities here for the moment dealing with biblical end-times if you will and take a closer look.

As history is replete with examples and easily seen today. Drugs are associated with mind altering states, another gateway to the occult and demonic possession. That’s some recreation huh? Recreational drugs and dependency greatly diminish ones ability and desire to productively and safely work and support themselves and their families, constantly looking for their next fix. Therefor they support their habit by the most immediate means possible; robbing, stealing, murdering and committing serious crimes. Anyone starting to see a global pattern going on here? Ask any drug addict to honestly tell you what the most important thing in their life is? More important than themselves, you, their children, mothers and fathers. How would they honestly respond? How much pain, suffering, body deterioration, family severs and death will they incur before they repent? Answer: The overwhelming majority have only one thing on their mind, their next high and how they are going to get it. It takes preeminence in their lives and they serve it.

Early on or just before or in the tribulation we have this: Re 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts. [emphasis mine].

The word sorceries is the Greek word “Pharmakѐia”, from where our English word pharmacy derives. Meaning medication, drugs and witchcraft. Are we starting to put anything together yet?

I’ve often wondered why, during the terrible plagues, disasters and horrendous times prior to and during the tribulation, why the mass would not repent, and accept Christ as their Savior?

I think part of the answer is they’re all strung out on drugs, don’t care, a portion of them demonically possessed, going on crime rampages to support their addictions and next high. It seems to make sense to me.

Look at the speed in which illegal and recreational drug use has swept the US and globally, and how fast it’s increasing. The drug cartel’s can’t ship drugs fast enough to keep up with demand. And we haven’t even touched the prescription drugs yet!

Got a sore elbow, we have a pill for that. Can’t sleep, we got a pill for that. Have anxiety or sleep problems, well then, come and see me, we have a pill for that too. You do not see many statistics on the percentage of the global population addicted to prescription drugs. I suspect the percentage is much higher than most people realize.

In conclusion: I think this might be what the world looks like, even prior to the tribulation. As we are getting a hard glimpse today of where we’re heading. It’s not hard to see how things are shaping up, along with other biblical prophesy converging as we speak. Time is short, it’s close.
 

It is the decline of our world. But it is going to get worse. A lot worse :mellow:

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Dennis

Nice to meet you.  I believe that Satan has a many pronged way of attack to cause the breakdown of society, especially in families.  I agree wholeheartedly with you.  We have seen it for many years.

Here in Australia our law enforcement officers have just stopped a supply of ICE worth over $1B from reaching our streets.  I think it weighed over 1 tonne (in metric measurement).  The fight against these drugs is monumental.  I have thought for a while that the reason a lot of people will not be able to bow the knee to the Lord is that they will not be in their right mind; given over to delusion.  As far as marijuana being a gateway is concerned - the year before I gave my life to Jesus I was searching for the truth, and smoked a lot of it.  I was pondering whether or not to enhance my search with something a bit more potent ..... yes, it was a gateway, for sure.  Then Jesus saved me and I went no further; never even smoked any more weed.  My addiction to tobacco took a bit longer but He set me free from that as well.

 

Nice to meet you also SisterAct2. God bless you sister! All honor, praise and glory to our wonderful Lord. Thank you for sharing. I too have my own miraculous testimony on how the Lord "immediately" cured me of my 43 year long alcohol addiction. No treatment program, no with-drawls, no shakes, no cravings, no nothing. Just a humble, sincere heart felt and honest prayer about me and my need for Him, and confessing I can do nothing on my own and I need Him and His help and compassion badly. And when I said immediately, I meant cold turkey. We sure serve a wonderful God!

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Christian man in my state who has only been saved a few years was told by the Lord to set up a drug rehab.  We are believing the Lord for one in our town and have started a bank account, as we have to believe God for the money to set one up.  God has to be the builder of the house.  When they come to this place, they have to be desperate to change, or will not accept the strict rules that apply.  They have to give up mobile phones, they have to work (even on street cleanups etc.) and are taught how to be men (husbands and fathers); responsibility (female one yet to be started). People entering the program most often become professing Christians.   So some wonderful things are happening!  While there is life there is hope. 

Edited by SisterActs2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×