• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/3/2018 at 8:58 AM, Quasar93 said:

The case against the authenticity of the shroud:

Strange, isn't it,  that groups that have published or posted views that seem to or do oppose the Gospel of Jesus

believe in or support the theory of the authenticity of the shroud,

while groups that stick with the Gospel of Jesus (Scripture, as written, unchanged),

simply don't accept the shroud .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Define what is long hair in the Bible. 

Numbers 6:5 - 'All the days of his vow of separation no razor shall pass over his head. He shall be holy until the days are fulfilled for which he separated himself to the LORD; he shall let the locks of hair on his head grow long.  [NASB]

So I guess if we are following the strict legalistic letter of the Bible, you would have wives following the below scripture in Peter.

1 Peter 3:3 - Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;
1 Peter 3:4 - but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.  [NASB]

As for me, I don't support legalism.

Did I ask you to support anything? All I posted is what Paul said about long hair. 

1 Cor. 11:14, Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 

You can wear your hair down to your boots for all I care. Paul said its a shame for a man to have long hair. Paul having said that knew Jesus Christ and knew Jesus would did not have long hair or he would have not mentioned it at all.

The world portrays Jesus and His followers having long hair, looking all feminine. Jesus was a carpenter and would have had His hair cut reasonably short.

• Praise God! 1

19 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Did I ask you to support anything? All I posted is what Paul said about long hair. 

1 Cor. 11:14, Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 

You can wear your hair down to your boots for all I care. Paul said its a shame for a man to have long hair. Paul having said that knew Jesus Christ and knew Jesus would did not have long hair or he would have not mentioned it at all.

The world portrays Jesus and His followers having long hair, looking all feminine. Jesus was a carpenter and would have had His hair cut reasonably short.

As I said I do not support legalism.  Jesus gave us two commandments.

• Group:  Mars Hill

In the New Testament,  Jesus gives more than that,  and even makes it MORE DIFFICULT, not less - MORE STRICT,  from the heart adultery is already sin,  without any action needed, for example

and all sin , each transgression, carries the penalty of death - that never changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

As I said I do not support legalism.  Jesus gave us two commandments.

Matthew 22:35-39,  

V. 35, Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 
    36, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 
    37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 
    38, This is the first and great commandment.
    39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 

Jesus never contradicted Pauls statement by saying its ok for men to have long hair there? The apostle Paul said,

Personally, if men think its ok to go about with long hair, looking like a woman, that's their business. Personally I think it makes men look feminine.

The simple principle is that men should look like and dress like men—MASCULINE —and women should look and dress like women—FEMININE. By doing so, they will both glorify God.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

V. 35, Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 
    37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 

Jesus never contradicted Pauls statement by saying its ok for men to have long hair there? The apostle Paul said,

Personally, if men think its ok to go about with long hair, looking like a woman, that's their business. Personally I think it makes men look feminine.

The simple principle is that men should look like and dress like men—MASCULINE —and women should look and dress like women—FEMININE. By doing so, they will both glorify God.

How long is long? 

32 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

How long is long? 

What is the Hazard standard for feminine attire?

What is the Hazard standard for masculine attire?

Whats your standard??

• Group:  Mars Hill

27 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

How long is long? 

Any disobedience , transgression of TORAH,  any tiny thought opposed to Yahweh, 

if any part in the heart or will is rebelling, if there is ANY "I WILL"('I don't care if it is sin'), 

then it is sin deserving death.

Edited by simplejeff

27 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Women dressed like women, men dressed like men.

Z 379..jpg

Z 378..jpg

So you require women to wear dresses and high heels, which neither were available in Biblical times.

You require men to wear slacks, which also were not available in Biblical times.  You evidentially require men to wear sandals and robes.  Is that you attire?

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace