• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

The Ten Commandment however are part of His character, written with His own finger, and when we follow them it shows we are His, and give glory to God.

Amen........we do keep the commandments and do not break them........just that we keep them in the new way of the spirit now.  Like the Sabbath for example, I don't believe we are to keep it in the old way of the letter, but in the new way of the Spirit.......and how do we do this, well where it is spoken of in the new testament as entering the sabbath rest that remains for the people of God.  Unless someone can show how keeping the old way of the letter profits unto eternal life.  Like the commandment though shalt not kill......we could refrain from killing according to the letter, but if we hate someone we have already murdered them in our heart and fallen short of eternal life.  Whereas if we follow the way of the spirit we will not hate anyone or covet their goods, and thus will automatically not kill them either.  We could keep the law that says do not commit adultery according to the letter but if we look on someone lustfully we have already committed adultery in our hearts and fallen short of eternal life........whereas if we follow the spirit we just will not lust after someone, and therefore not commit adultery either.

And since law only gives power to sin.......because in nature a force will always be met with an equal and opposite force.......so if we give the letter of the law it only makes sin come alive.......the minute someone is told they are not allowed to do thus and such, they will suddenly start to want to do thus and such, even if they never did before.........this is due to the perversity of the fallen nature (where it says the law was weak through the flesh).  Even Jesus in giving us His commandments........was not giving us new letters of the law to keep in an old way of the letter, it was more that He was holding forth the way of the Spirit, of life in the Spirit, that the only way to keep His sayings is to simply follow the Spirit.......if we follow and obey the Spirit we will just find ourselves keeping His sayings, His nature within, and we no longer under the dominion of our old rebellious perverse nature that tends to stiffen up (stiff neck) and be contrary whenever someone tries to tell it to do or not do something.  Laws are not really laws to us any more to keep, they are more like light to our path, to follow.  (Don't take that too far though, I only mean to try and give an idea of the difference between the new way of the spirit and old way of the letter.)  But this is why the new way of the spirit is a delight and not burdensome, whereas the old way of the letter is burdensome.

For example, if we can see this passage as not speaking of the old way of the letter, but see how it is speaking of the new way of the Spirit......the gospel, that Jesus died and rose from the dead to restore to us through His Spirit:

Isaiah 58:12-14

And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Edited by Heleadethme

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

However we jump thru doctrine's mental and spiritual hoops - Yahweh expects us to keep His Sabbath.

Have we been infected with the 'beast-system' and cannot see it? Rome; Reformation (slightly reformed RCC), early editors and misquoted scripts of the original church fathers - down thru the ages; even to the point of attaching major doctrines to the 'roman lord's day'. The Roman church said that the weak reformers and protestants are still adhering to Rome's doctrines and therefore its authority. It is wickedness in high places. It is deception on a grand scale.

Do we look for excuses to deny the Lord God His Due Respect? Do we invent things like, 'but every day is my Sabbath' or 'Jesus became the Sabbath' because of maybe one text we misconstrue?
There are dozens of texts to remind us to keep the Lord's Sabbath that He Decreed from the very beginning.

The WORD decreed that the Sabbath was a PERPETUAL day to keep holy unto Yahweh that created heaven and earth.
Perhaps that is why Holy Spirit Power is sparse in the assemblies these days.

Ezekiel even mentions Sabbath keeping in the millennium. Check that out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

The Ten Commandment however are part of His character, written with His own finger, and when we follow them it shows we are His, and give glory to God.

There are plenty of people out there who follow the Ten Commandments (Jews or others who happen to respect the Ten Commandments) who arent His.

You once again are making salvation to be all about works. 

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Nothing about following the 10 commandments is there?

Or what about James who said....

Acts 15:20 

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Nothing about obeying the Ten Commandments here. 

We have posted to you over and over again how we are not under the Law and the apostles heavily rebuked all those who said the Gentiles needed to be brought under the Law. Why do you still not listen?

2 Timothy 4:3 

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Put some ointment on those itchy ears and put aside the lies you have been fed or you will face the judgment of Christ

Keeping the Ten Commandments must come from the heart. It does NOT save us and never did. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

10 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen........we do keep the commandments and do not break them........just that we keep them in the new way of the spirit now.  Like the Sabbath for example, I don't believe we are to keep it in the old way of the letter, but in the new way of the Spirit.......and how do we do this, well where it is spoken of in the new testament as entering the sabbath rest that remains for the people of God.  Unless someone can show how keeping the old way of the letter profits unto eternal life.  Like the commandment though shalt not kill......we could refrain from killing according to the letter, but if we hate someone we have already murdered them in our heart and fallen short of eternal life.  Whereas if we follow the way of the spirit we will not hate anyone or covet their goods, and thus will automatically not kill them either.  We could keep the law that says do not commit adultery according to the letter but if we look on someone lustfully we have already committed adultery in our hearts and fallen short of eternal life........whereas if we follow the spirit we just will not lust after someone, and therefore not commit adultery either.

And since law only gives power to sin.......because in nature a force will always be met with an equal and opposite force.......so if we give the letter of the law it only makes sin come alive.......the minute someone is told they are not allowed to do thus and such, they will suddenly start to want to do thus and such, even if they never did before.........this is due to the perversity of the fallen nature (where it says the law was weak through the flesh).  Even Jesus in giving us His commandments........was not giving us new letters of the law to keep in an old way of the letter, it was more that He was holding forth the way of the Spirit, of life in the Spirit, that the only way to keep His sayings is to simply follow the Spirit.......if we follow and obey the Spirit we will just find ourselves keeping His sayings, His nature within, and we no longer under the dominion of our old rebellious perverse nature that tends to stiffen up (stiff neck) and be contrary whenever someone tries to tell it to do or not do something.  Laws are not really laws to us any more to keep, they are more like light to our path, to follow.  (Don't take that too far though, I only mean to try and give an idea of the difference between the new way of the spirit and old way of the letter.)  But this is why the new way of the spirit is a delight and not burdensome, whereas the old way of the letter is burdensome.

For example, if we can see this passage as not speaking of the old way of the letter, but see how it is speaking of the new way of the Spirit......the gospel, that Jesus died and rose from the dead to restore to us through His Spirit:

Isaiah 58:12-14

And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

It is a day made holy from Creation, a sign between God and us, the Sabbath points us to the Creator, and leads us to a closer relationship with God. We need to remember what He made for man....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Wayne222 said:

The Sabbath was a shadow of the rest in christ we have.

Hebrews chapter 7 

11. If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come--one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

12. For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.

Hebrews chapter 4 verse 8
For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Meats drinks days.    Let each be fully persuaded in his own mind.   That I leave up to the individual.

But check this out .

WE have a LEGALIST .        WHO said CHILDREN HONOR YOUR PARENTS for this is the FIRST COMMANDMENT with promise.

OH DEAR YOU LEGALIST HOW DARE YOU PREACH THE LAW.     only HE WASNT a legalist now was he.       BUT HE DID QUOATE THE LAW AND SAID DO IT .

Let it sink in.  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Meats drinks days.    Let each be fully persuaded in his own mind.   That I leave up to the individual.

But check this out .

WE have a LEGALIST .        WHO said CHILDREN HONOR YOUR PARENTS for this is the FIRST COMMANDMENT with promise.

OH DEAR YOU LEGALIST HOW DARE YOU PREACH THE LAW.     only HE WASNT a legalist now was he.       BUT HE DID QUOATE THE LAW AND SAID DO IT .

Let it sink in.  

SO how bout leaving a man alone who says KEEP JESUS SAYINGS, Do them .  and stop calling him a legalist .    let it sink n.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

:off-topic:

Yowm that poor lil thing looks a wee bit down n the dumps.    

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

There are plenty of people out there who follow the Ten Commandments (Jews or others who happen to respect the Ten Commandments) who arent His.

You once again are making salvation to be all about works. 

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Nothing about following the 10 commandments is there?

Or what about James who said....

Acts 15:20 

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Nothing about obeying the Ten Commandments here. 

We have posted to you over and over again how we are not under the Law and the apostles heavily rebuked all those who said the Gentiles needed to be brought under the Law. Why do you still not listen?

2 Timothy 4:3 

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Put some ointment on those itchy ears and put aside the lies you have been fed or you will face the judgment of Christ

Keeping the Ten Commandments must come from the heart. It does NOT save us and never did. 

It is not from works, it is from love and scripture makes it clear...

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

It is all plain for all to see.....
Edited by Hobie_
grammar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

3 minutes ago, Hobie_ said:

It is not from works, it is from love and scripture makes it clear...

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

It all plain for all to see.....

VERY PLAIN.     IF TWO commandments fulfill the whole law , AND THEY DO

then what happens if we LOVE NOT GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART .   AND Now its time to break this down so simple a lil barley weened child could see it.

IF a man loves not me   He keeps not my sayings.       THE SAYINGS YOU HEAR are not mine BUT MY FATHER , HE gave me what to say .

SO if we KEEP not JESUS sayings then we love not HIM, ifwe love not HIM we love not the Father , if we love not the Father, HOW ON EARTH can we claim to be OF HIM.

THE HOLY GHOST POURS the LOVE OF GOD on our hearts .     SO,      GRAVE TIME .     How many are gong to be saying

LORD , LORD did we do good works in YOUR NAME   ,  did we cast out demons IN YOUR NAME ................and what do they get told...........I NEVER KNEW YOU

WORKERS OF INQUITY who lived asthough my sayings could be omitted...........I NEVER KNEW YOU.    LET THIS SINK IN NOW AND FAST .

• Thumbs Up 1