• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/31/2018 at 11:07 AM, brotherdon said:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:  Exodus 20:10

Again that was for the JEWS not us

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

I must make a point here that many will miss.

They were meeting on the Sabbath every week. James also did not say about the food laws either. To them, food was the consumption of FOOD on their list, not the vacuum cleaner animals that were considered NOT edible. It was taken as a given that the Sabbath was what God intended. It was the way they did things. Anything meant from Yahweh for His people was for ALL His people. Distinguishing between Israel, the Jews, the Gentiles etc., is merely a latter day ploy to disregard scripture that does not agree with man made dogmas or man made laws. Saul said that there was no distinction between Jew, Greek, Scythian, male or female. We are all in one body of the Lord Yeshuah.

You are free to disregard the law of the Lord if you so wish. He gave us freedom to do so. But is this a way we show we love Him? "If you love me, keep my commandments". This is what the Lord said. He did not say pray the sinner's prayer then do as you like. He said take up your cross and FOLLOW ME.

You have miss the point James said to the gentiles they did not need to follow the law of Moses. It's not a given that the gentiles were keeping the Sabbath.  And stop saying to those who don't keep the seventh day Sabbath that they don't want to follow Gods commandments.  His commandments are given through the Apostles and written in scripture in the new testament.  But the law of Moses is not part of those commandments. Yes the Jewish Christian kept the law of Moses for awhile. Peter did not realize that unclean meats were not in force any more. But later they found out. When you make it mandatory for all Christian to keep the law of Moses who are going against the new testament teachings. 

3 hours ago, brotherdon said:

Peaceful Sabbath all

My friend this is not a SDA board not everyone keeps the Sabbath.  Peace every day.

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Peter was shown the food to allow him to get over himself and embrace the Gentile Cornelius. Nothing to do with food.

10 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Peter was shown the food to allow him to get over himself and embrace the Gentile Cornelius. Nothing to do with food.

Wrong again . And yes Jesus used this to show Peter that he should not call anyone unclean. But we are not under the law of Moses. Stop pushing the law which James said in acts we gave no commandments to keep the law. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

To Brotherdon.

You said “But if you take it out of context you will change the message.” This may applies also and to you.

You wrote: “The Sabbath was for Isarel and not for us.” Do not say “for us” and please do not speak for all of us, may not for you, but for those who understand the Sabbath and everything that is written about it, there is no question that the Sabbath is the universal Ordinance to observe for all humankind of the world.

The Sabbath was established on the 7th Day after Earth’s creation and entire physical world. This alone, beside all other passages that are mentioned Sabbath, mean that the entire world is under a Sabbath Ordinance, because at that time no Jews, no Law of Moses, no Prophets, and no Christians were in existence, but only Adam and Eve, from who the rest Earth were populated.

So, how you say that the Sabbath is only for Jews and not for the Christians when the Sabbath was created and established long before them all, as a Day of Rest, which GOD blessed and sanctified?

You wrote: “There is no commandments in the new testament commanding us to keep the seventh day Sabbath

Show me where is written in the NT commandment to keep Sunday as a day of worship? And what it has to do with James? Who is the Lord of the Sabbath, James or Jesus Christ Who Himself observed the Sabbath Day, and all the Apostles, and all the early Christians at that time, and I am sure that James also observed it, as his Teacher Jesus Christ did.

And if Jesus Christ constantly repeated in the Book of John that He did not came on His Own accord, and did not speak or do anything from Himself but only that His Father told Him to say and to do, this means that He is completely with agreement with His Father in everything that His Father ever issues, commandment, or established.

Because it does not make any sense for Jesus Christ to disobey or to ignore or to say or to do something different from His Father commandments. Otherwise His Father and Jesus Christ would be not One as Jesus Himself many times claimed in the Book of John.

If They are One, this means the Statute of GOD Father concerning Sabbath also will be the Statute of Jesus Christ which He never broke. In this sense the Sabbath is also the Statute of Jesus Christ (and entire Law of Moses), which many Christians today violate. And this is not surprise, because so called “Christian” also violate many commandments of Christ, all of which relate to the Old testament, Whom they claim to be as their GOD.

All the verses you had presented actually speak in my favor and not in yours, and all of them reflect my point of you and not yours, and I do not understand why you even posted them, because all of them contradict your notion that the Sabbath is not important for Christians (except Revelation 22 there is Sabbath is not even mentioned), and it also looks to me that you chose them at random even without matching them to the theme of the post.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Paul, in no uncertain terms, tells us what he thinks of the law.

"Therefore, the law is indeed holy, and the commandment holy and righteous and good . . . For I delight in the law of God" (Romans 7:12, 22)

The idea that believers who have faith abolish or no longer need God's law was a foreign concept to the apostle.

"Are we, then, abolishing law through faith? MAY IT NEVER BE! Rather, we are establishing law." (Romans 3:31)

"All Scripture (including the Old Testament) is God-breathed and is profitable for doctrine, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; So that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16)

The roles of God's law

The law has a dual role. Its first role is to instruct or educate us concerning how our Father wants us to live our life. Its second role is to convict us of sin (the judicial role) and lead us to conversion through faith in Christ. Once converted this role of the law is no longer needed. In Galatians, Paul tells the church to allow God's law to teach them.

http://www.biblestudy.org/apostlepaul/what-did-paul-teach-about-the-law-of-god.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

For those who believe we are still required to keep the laws of the OT, be reminded that if you break one of the laws, you have broken them all.  James 2:10

We live under grace, not to sin, but to be forgiven.  God knew very well that we are not capable to keeping His laws and gave them to us to prove His point.

You can find all 613 laws in the link below.  If you believe we have to keep the laws, you need to remember them all. Good luck with that ...

https://www.gospeloutreach.net/613laws.html

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi OneLight.

I agree with you in your understanding of the Law of Moses, and the passages you presented fit the theme.

But I think like many other Christians you generalized the meanings of Grace and do not look at the obligation issued behind the Grace of Christ. If you truly think that under the Grace of Christ you are forgiven and have no more worries, and you can sin and do whatever you want without punishment because of Christ’s Grace, you are definitely wrong in your assessment..

Just like people had been punished under the Law of Moses, people also are punished under Grace of Christ, by Christ Himself, just like He had done it in the times of the Old Testament.

Matthew 25.32-46

32.And all the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them from one another as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,

33.and He will put the sheep at His right, and the goats on the left. (Zechariah 10.3)

34.Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come you, who are blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35.I was hungry and you gave Me to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you invited Me in,

36.naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.'

37.Then the righteous will answer saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?

38.And when did we see You a stranger and invite You in, or naked and clothe You?

39.And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

40.And the King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

41.Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me accursed ones into the Eternal Fire, which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels. (Matthew 13.49-50)

42.I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink,

43.I was a stranger and you did not invite Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'

44.Then they themselves also will answer saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'

45.Then He will answer them saying, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

46.And these will go away into Eternal Punishment, (see also "Hell"), but the righteous into Eternal Life."

About punishments for disobedient written a lot in a New Testament, and it will be impossible to put all these places in one single post, but I would like to give you advise not to follow empty, meaningless, and deceiving church slogans and cliché’s, and take a close look not only on the promises of Grace, but also and on the obligations for Christian that attached to that Grace.

·        Just like Old Testament sacrifice if presented improper or from a person who does not deserve forgiveness surely would be rejected by the Lord and his sins will remain unforgiven, same thing will happen to those who hope that Guilt Offering of Christ and His Sacrificial Grace would cover sins without repentance and without change of the course of life.

The Old Covenant of Moses and the New Covenant of Christ work absolutely the same, they forgive and punish in the same way without any difference. The difference between them is that first Covenant obeyed out of fear, the second Covenant of Christ obeyed out of love and faith, but result of both is the same, forgiveness and salvation.

Grace of Christ means His Sacrifice on the cross, but the Love of GOD remains the same as in the Old Testament as well as in the New Testament. The only difference here is how we worship, serve, and obeying the Lord, out of fear or out of love and faith..

We always remember promises of GOD but we always have short memory to remember and our obligations before Him..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 2/4/2018 at 12:56 AM, Wayne222 said:

You have miss the point James said to the gentiles they did not need to follow the law of Moses. It's not a given that the gentiles were keeping the Sabbath.  And stop saying to those who don't keep the seventh day Sabbath that they don't want to follow Gods commandments.  His commandments are given through the Apostles and written in scripture in the new testament.  But the law of Moses is not part of those commandments. Yes the Jewish Christian kept the law of Moses for awhile. Peter did not realize that unclean meats were not in force any more. But later they found out. When you make it mandatory for all Christian to keep the law of Moses who are going against the new testament teachings. 

What law was Jesus talking about to the religious leaders in Mathew 5:18. For truly I tell you, till Heaven & earth pass away, no jot nor tittle shaw pass from the law. He is talking about a law that is in pace to the hearers.

We know it was not the ceremonial laws which were shadows, they were pointers pointing forwards to Christ. The Sabbath points back to Gods creative work at creation & is also PRE sin, & at that stage there was no need for a saviour, so it is impossible that the seventh day Sabbath is a shadow. Not to be confused with the ceremonial days, shadows that were pointing forward to Christ & also called sabbaths. This is where most people incorrectly place them in the same category.

What! Peter didn't realise that unclean animals were now clean but latter he did, where does it say he did?. Do you have ant idea how many years after the death of Christ he made the statement in Acts 10:9, he has never eaten any thing common or unclean. Most scholar's place Acts written around 70 AD & Christs death 33AD  And the book of Romans between 6 & 13 years after Acts, so that negates Romans 14:14 where the translators have incorrectly translated the word common for the word unclean, giving a totally incorrect meaning. Satin is the one who is behind changing Gods word, if you want to follow his changes thats up to you, but I doubt you do so I'd suggest you do some better research & not follow the sheep. 

God Bless