• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I think as we get older age is not as much  an issue. You are 39 and he is 27? That is quite a difference. I guess to each their own. It would not be my cup tea. If God is silent on this could He being closing the doors? I would give it some time to see if God has an answer for you rather than take the advise of humans.

Not necessarily His silence would mean He is closing the doors. Waiting on God do not necessarily mean waiting passively. Doesn't mean we should do nothing while we wait for His blessings. On the contrary, we should still take some form of action while being sensitive to His leading. And well, God certainly uses people too as a way of leading things according to His will. Besides, in this scenario, I do not see any violation of scriptures or God's word if she and him could walk together. Certainly age isnt a factor for 2 to unite. In the end, things will only work or last to stay or happen when God wills it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I think as we get older age is not as much  an issue. You are 39 and he is 27? That is quite a difference. I guess to each their own. It would not be my cup tea. If God is silent on this could He being closing the doors? I would give it some time to see if God has an answer for you rather than take the advise of humans.

Hi missmuffet,

Did you realise that Derek Prince, the great Bible teacher married a woman over 20 years older than himself. Age is NOT a barrier only in someone`s small thinking.

BTW there is wisdom in many counsellors, as God does speak through His Body.

Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, Eastern Star said:

Not necessarily His silence would mean He is closing the doors. Waiting on God do not necessarily mean waiting passively. Doesn't mean we should do nothing while we wait for His blessings. On the contrary, we should still take some form of action while being sensitive to His leading. And well, God certainly uses people too as a way of leading things according to His will. Besides, in this scenario, I do not see any violation of scriptures or God's word if she and him could walk together. Certainly age isnt a factor for 2 to unite. In the end, things will only work or last to stay or happen when God wills it. 

So we pray and then do what we want to do? The problem with most Christians is that they want control of their lives. Their faith and trust in God is conditional.  We pray and wait awhile for His answer. If we proceed God will close the doors if He does not want us to proceed.

It is a matter of choice here. Like I said I would feel like I was robbing the cradle.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So we pray and then do what we want to do? The problem with most Christians is that they want control of their lives. Their faith and trust in God is conditional.  We pray and wait awhile for His answer. If we proceed God will close the doors if He does not want us to proceed.

It is a matter of choice here. Like I said I would feel like I was robing the cradle.

Ermmm no. Like what i have stated...." we should still take some form of action while being sensitive to His leading. "  I think you can see the difference between "So we pray and then do what we want to do?" with my statement above. 

And yes it is a matter of choice. I have stated mine :)

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

My wife and I have been married for 30 years.She is 12 years younger than me.Not once has it been a factor in anything.It has had about as much impact on our relationship as our different eye colors.Go with your heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Eastern Star said:

Ermmm no. Like what i have stated...." we should still take some form of action while being sensitive to His leading. "  I think you can see the difference between "So we pray and then do what we want to do?" with my statement above. 

And yes it is a matter of choice. I have stated mine :)

We all have our own opinion. If everyone in this world thought that same what a boring world this would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:

My wife and I have been married for 30 years.She is 12 years younger than me.Not once has it been a factor in anything.It has had about as much impact on our relationship as our different eye colors.Go with your heart.

My mom and dad were 12 years different in age. My dad was older than my mom. For some reason I look at this differently than the man being much younger. Just my preference and my perspective.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I was reading all of your comments and I am really grateful to God for each one of you here :) 

We talked about it last night.... and again I told him about our big age gap...

This is exactly what he told me..."I know I sound like I am going too fast..it is because I already know that it is you I  want to be my wife...but I am  giving you time so that you can make the right choice...he said he will wait until I am ready to take him...and he said before we both take steps we will continue on while we are seeking God's will.

His words  really touched my heart but I am also learning to be more patient...because I know that not everything that I want no matter how it makes me feel good will going to happen when I want it to but through HIM. We are praying for HIS perfect will for both of us.

Thank you  all! I feel blessed. Truly,I believe that God gives advice through other people  HE speaks through our friends,family and through our sisters and brothers in Christ near and far :)

Have a good day/night ❤

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

9 minutes ago, LadyMountaineer said:

I was reading all of your comments and I am really grateful to God for each one of you here :) 

We talked about it last night.... and again I told him about our big age gap...

This is exactly what he told me..."I know I sound like I am going too fast..it is because I already know that it is you I  want to be my wife...but I am  giving you time so that you can make the right choice...he said he will wait until I am ready to take him...and he said before we both take steps we will continue on while we are seeking God's will.

His words  really touched my heart but I am also learning to be more patient...because I know that not everything that I want no matter how it makes me feel good will going to happen when I want it to but through HIM. We are praying for HIS perfect will for both of us.

Thank you  all! I feel blessed. Truly,I believe that God gives advice through other people  HE speaks through our friends,family and through our sisters and brothers in Christ near and far :)

Have a good day/night ❤

I love what you both said. God bless you both. shallom

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

My mother remarried and she was about 12 years,older then her husband. It depends on the people. But the most important thing is does he put Jesus Christ first in his life? Is he big on prayer ? If a man or women does not make prayer a important place in there life don't go with them. If they can't give time to the Lord and pray for other people he will not give you his best either.

• Loved it! 1