IGNORED

What does it mean to "keep the Sabbath"? (Read question's description)

listener24

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Betha said:

Far too many people think there is no law to be kept in the NT/NC. ....in spite of God saying He will write it on their hearts. Problem is people make no difference between the Mosaic which was temporary and GOD's which is Spiritual and eternal. But we are free to observe it ....or not. consequences will follow  for the lawless.

I don' think that and I have never said that, in fact I agree with you, ...here's the LAW of the New Covenant for us:

But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.  Acts 15:20

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Acts 15:29

As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. Acts 21:25

That's me, I'm a Gentile, my descendants came from Japheth and eventually settled in the forests of modern day Germany.

However if you don't want to believe those verses, here are some more that refute what you say:

Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?  But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:10, 11

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:  Acts 15:19

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;  Acts 15:28

How much more proof from the Word of God do you need?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Why fool around with all of these particulars? If you are trying to use the Law for your Justification the Standard is PERFECTION.......get to work on that and let this small stuff slide for awhile .You should be striving  to find a way to get saved because  you have at least Two  big obstacles in the way .Study Galations and you will see that YOU are the person “ fallen from Grace” and any benefit that comes from the Cross ( Salvation mainly) is of NO benefit to you.You are “ severed from Christ” all of you that reject the Grace of the Gospel.Read Hebrews 4 and discover you are in a state of unbelief.You don’t even know it.Your ignorance will be no excuse come Judgement Day.Nothing But The Blood.

26 minutes ago, pinacled said:

If you were addressing my response.

Visit the Holy Scripture with the wise counselor I mentioned and you will find a Key to the gate.

The post was just thrown out there for anybody to see .....sorry for any confusion ......

3 hours ago, pinacled said:

Firstly,

It is written, gather wood for the fire for 6 days. As for lighting the fire. Once it has been lit by offering water to the timber 4 times. There is no need to light a fire on Shabbat after. Instead each Shabbat is a reminder to glorify the presence of the Lord of Host.

The Word of the Lord of Lights, is Yeshua. Both water and fire.

Gather wood, pour water, offer salt, doing this always in rememberence of where every one is given rest is what I was taught is Faith with works.

As in, Go and share the "good news"

After all, the head of both eliyahu and mosheh is....?

Blessings Always

Firstly, please speak to me in English or French, the mixing of different languages is confusion and we all know who is the author of confusion!

That was convenient how you just pass of God's Word with,  

"Not sure where you are going with such a response."

Do you not understand what is written in the Verse?

In simple English: Do not light a FIRE on the Sabbath!

Then I showed you how you are guilty of breaking this command today with our technological advances, which means all who claim to keep the LAW must keep all points of the LAW, which means you are a sinner and need to offer a sacrifice in the Temple of God in Jerusalem!

Now I've said it twice, using the Word of God, ...so, again I ask, please enlighten us, what are you going to do, you who try to keep the LAW, where are you going to offer your sacrifice for your sin? 

• Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Whatever sabbath means to you means to me you haven't passed the test.

Truth!!!  YES!!!

You are right, I haven't passed the test, in fact, I failed miserably, ...but, Jesus passed the test with a score of 100, ...and He credited His grade to me, so that on my report card my score is 100 too!

And THAT is the whole, Biblical point of the Sabbath!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Betha said:

I am not really talking about any  'works of the law' decided on in the NT  nor Mosaic OT 'works of the law', but what God Himself set up at the beginning that stand as foundational principles for all mankind for all time - His Commandments !

Even though ALL were given at Mt Sinai Ex 20 , something very important happened there when the 'first 10' were separated from the 'works' Deut 5v22....thus granting them 'eternal continuity' (and even Paul recognized Rom 7, calling them  spiritual,  holy, just and good). Eph 2v15 , and Col 2v14, also putting difference between and Jesus fulfilling the  separation on the cross.

Too many people today (yes Christians) are only too happy to sweep them away  as part of the OC or Mosaic law....even if not all of them most certainly ONE that has already fallen in the street  known as TRUTH and rejected for 2000 years...Sabbath.

Why would people reject the one  Commandment that is HOLY to GOD, spiritual and eternal ?  Because they have not paid attention to Yashua's warning Mat 24v4,5.

Because Jesus changed it into a complete way of life and not a single day's activity (or lack of it)    Jesus changed all the ten commandments into spiritual laws stating that you should not only not break the law, but not even want to.....      not only to not commit murder but not even hate which is where most murder comes from...…    not only to commit adultery but not to even desire to....

Prior to Jesus resurrection we as a general group of people did not have the Holy Spirit within us....   and prior to that God wanted us to stop for a whole day and rest and dwell on him....   but with the Holy Spirit now within us we can be with him everywhere all the time....   Jesus does not want you go stop and be with him one day a week, but all the time seven days a week.  And if you don't build that kind of relationship with him through the Holy Spirit, I don't see written in the word where he will overlook your sins come judgement day.    And we all have sins that will either be overlooked, or condemn us to hell.

10 hours ago, Betha said:

I am not really talking about any  'works of the law' decided on in the NT  nor Mosaic OT 'works of the law', but what God Himself set up at the beginning that stand as foundational principles for all mankind for all time - His Commandments !

Even though ALL were given at Mt Sinai Ex 20 , something very important happened there when the 'first 10' were separated from the 'works' Deut 5v22....thus granting them 'eternal continuity' (and even Paul recognized Rom 7, calling them  spiritual,  holy, just and good). Eph 2v15 , and Col 2v14, also putting difference between and Jesus fulfilling the  separation on the cross.

Too many people today (yes Christians) are only too happy to sweep them away  as part of the OC or Mosaic law....even if not all of them most certainly ONE that has already fallen in the street  known as TRUTH and rejected for 2000 years...Sabbath.

Why would people reject the one  Commandment that is HOLY to GOD, spiritual and eternal ?  Because they have not paid attention to Yashua's warning Mat 24v4,5.

Morning dear one, at least it is here in Tahiti, ...yes I know very well Matt 24:4, 5, it was my very first life verse ...I was saved in a denominational church that held to a false doctrine, as the Holy Spirit started to open my eyes to that He gave me those two verses, ...not long after that, since I was a babe in Christ, I was asking Him what church I should go to, His reply,

But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is Truth, and is no lie, and even as He hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.  1 John 2:27

...which also became a life verse to me, ...then He moved me to another State, a small church of about 35 people where the pastor taught through the Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, using his anointing of pastor-teacher Eph 4:11 with the Gift of teaching Nem 8:8 operating in the power of the Holy Spirit, ...whoa! it sure was different from what I was accustomed to, in the first church it was either teaching on how we were the true correct church or else he was using Scripture to throw pastor darts at those that said anything against him, ...man, with this pastor the Word came alive, he didn't have to search all week for a subject to teach on, he just picked up where he had left off the last time and the Holy Spirit used him to teach us from His Word, ...the pastor wasn't following his own agenda, but rather doing the work the Lord had called him to, ... feeding the Lord's sheep.

Yes I agree with you, many are rejecting the Lord's commandment concerning the Sabbath, the Holy Spirit has taught me the the physical commandment was just a type, an illustration, a shadow of the True Sabbath that would come, our Lord Jesus Christ, ...Heb 4 makes this very clear:

There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.  For he that is entered into His (Jesus) rest hath himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, that no man fall after the same example of disobedience. 

For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Heb 4:9-12

Paul tells us to not judge anyone on what day they consider Holy Col 2:16, 17, ...but we must be sure we don't just have the Sabbath, ...but rather the True Sabbath has us.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 

• Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, pinacled said:

This wording could very easily be misunderstood. I am of the opinion that the Holy Spirit was with every man from havel(Abel) to zechariah. 

Morning, we the Church are the only people that have the Holy Spirit living/dwelling inside of us, ...we are the Bride of Christ.

In the Old Testament the Holy Spirit either came along side of someone,  or came upon someone, ...the expression is used 25 times in the OT

Examples of came along side of

Noah, Abram, Balaam, mother and father of Samson and many more.

Lord bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

29 minutes ago, pinacled said:

I am of a faith that believes Yeshua has been since the beginning. Having been the very Torah given to mosheh. 

Fullfilled his promise and brought Life to all who believe and Love his commands.

Not only writing the Torah on the inward heart but sealing the Heart with a breast plate of righteousness.

With Life and glorious Light He brings out the best of the children with Truth and peace that no enemy could ever move.

Blessings Always 

I'm kind wondering what your point is

5 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Morning dear one, at least it is here in Tahiti, ...yes I know very well Matt 24:4, 5, it was my very first life verse ...I was saved in a denominational church that held to a false doctrine, as the Holy Spirit started to open my eyes to that He gave me those two verses, ...not long after that, since I was a babe in Christ, I was asking Him what church I should go to, His reply,

But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is Truth, and is no lie, and even as He hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.  1 John 2:27

...which also became a life verse to me, ...then He moved me to another State, a small church of about 35 people where the pastor taught through the Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, using his anointing of pastor-teacher Eph 4:11 with the Gift of teaching Nem 8:8 operating in the power of the Holy Spirit, ...whoa! it sure was different from what I was accustomed to, in the first church it was either teaching on how we were the true correct church or else he was using Scripture to throw pastor darts at those that said anything against him, ...man, with this pastor the Word came alive, he didn't have to search all week for a subject to teach on, he just picked up where he had left off the last time and the Holy Spirit used him to teach us from His Word, ...the pastor wasn't following his own agenda, but rather doing the work the Lord had called him to, ... feeding the Lord's sheep.

Yes I agree with you, many are rejecting the Lord's commandment concerning the Sabbath, the Holy Spirit has taught me the the physical commandment was just a type, an illustration, a shadow of the True Sabbath that would come, our Lord Jesus Christ, ...Heb 4 makes this very clear:

There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.  For he that is entered into His (Jesus) rest hath himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, that no man fall after the same example of disobedience. 

For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Heb 4:9-12

Paul tells us to not judge anyone on what day they consider Holy Col 2:16, 17, ...but we must be sure we don't just have the Sabbath, ...but rather the True Sabbath has us.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 

Hebrews 4 says to me, If I am reading its intent correctly, is that God is using the Gospel partially as a test - just as He tested the Jews in the Desert .It took faith to enter the Land Of Milk and Honey- a Land Of Rest.The vast majority did not trust in the Promise Of God to vanquish all of their enemies that were in that land He promised to give them.God granted the wishes of all the unbelievers, He let them all die in the desert.Not a good outcome.Hebrews 4 appears that God could be testing those who supposedly have faith.Are those that profess to trust God ,resting in the Gospel and it ALONE for their Salvation? The majority of the world, including those that claim to put their faith in Christ, never enter into the rest that God desires and , in fact, COMMANDS......those who refuse to rest in 1Cor15:1-4 ( remember the promise of these verses , that if you simply BELIEVE it, you are saved) are in disobedience and UNBELIEF.God warns everyone not to sit on these promises.True faith is acting on a promise of God.True faith  is 90% courage.It takes faith and courage to “ let go and let God”. Do we have the courage and faith to trust the Gospel for our Salvation, or will be cowards and    make certain we add some type of performance just to be safe?God will be interested in one thing when we stand before Him—-“ what did you do with My Gospel?”Did you rest in it or add to it ? Your answer to that question is the difference in Heaven or Hell.

I heard this somewhere......imagine yourself moving forward on a row of monkey bars, suspended over  a raging fire ......Jesus stands between you and the fire, ready to save you.....to fall into His saving Arms, safe from the flames rising higher and higher.....the many rungs of the monkey bars represent those things you insist on hanging on to because you lack the trust to let go and let Jesus do what Only He can do.....the rungs could be “ living by the commandments, living by the Sermon on the Mound,observing the Sabbath,being good,tithing,going to church,making certain that all of my sins are repented of, giving up this or giving up that”- the list is endless.Jesus can’t rescue you as long as you are hanging on to the rungs .Backed by your faith, show courage by letting go of the rungs.Let Jesus do for you what He wants to do.Save you.All by Himself.Its that NOTHING but the Blood thing.God bless.

• This is Worthy 1