• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

10 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

See I don't think autism is something that needs to be cured. Some of the symptoms can be minimized but left handed people should not be expected to act or conform to right handed standards.

It wasn't until 1991 that "the federal government makes autism a special education category. Public schools begin identifying children on the spectrum and offering them special services."

It wasn't until 1994 that the separate condition called Asperger's Syndrome was officially considered to be a milder form of Autism. 

Then in 2013, it became officially understood that autism is a spectrum that not only includes the above but also people who "seem normal" but actually do have challenges that fit the categories also under the Autism Spectrum Disorder umbrella.

This page shows a timeline of the discovery-categorization of autism and its progressive understanding:
https://www.parents.com/health/autism/the-history-of-autism/ 

I have worked with individuals with Autism for over 15 years.  I am a Case Manager and develop the individuals Plan of Care with their support team.  So I have had experience with individuals on all levels of the spectrum.  In my experience, most individuals with Autism even the individuals with higher IQ's need a continuing support plan in order to have success.  While every one is unique and have their own personal qualities, from experience I have saw that many of the the individuals with higher IQ's need social skills training and reminders, as well as safety skills, and even hygiene skills reminders etc. 

While its nice to say you don't think a cure is needed...In all honesty, a cure would be beneficial.  In saying this, I am not being negative or putting anyone who has autism down.  Just saying if there was a cure that could decrease the symptoms it would be awesome. 

I myself have ADHD, and I wished there was a cure for it because for now I have to really work at dealing with the symptoms.  I am not saying that I think I am less of a person because I have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder. Just saying that I think it would be much better if there was a cure...don't you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, IvyRose said:

I have worked with individuals with Autism for over 15 years.  I am a Case Manager and develop the individuals Plan of Care with their support team.  So I have had experience with individuals on all levels of the spectrum.  In my experience, most individuals with Autism even the individuals with higher IQ's need a continuing support plan in order to have success.  While every one is unique and have their own personal qualities, from experience I have saw that many of the the individuals with higher IQ's need social skills training and reminders, as well as safety skills, and even hygiene skills reminders etc. 

While its nice to say you don't think a cure is needed...In all honesty, a cure would be beneficial.  In saying this, I am not being negative or putting anyone who has autism down.  Just saying if there was a cure that could decrease the symptoms it would be awesome. 

I myself have ADHD, and I wished there was a cure for it because for now I have to really work at dealing with the symptoms.  I am not saying that I think I am less of a person because I have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder. Just saying that I think it would be much better if there was a cure...don't you?

Of course it would be great if there was a cure. And also a cure for cancer and Parkinson's and etc........

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 minutes ago, IvyRose said:

Just saying that I think it would be much better if there was a cure...don't you?

There is a cure. If you believe.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" - Matthew 7:11

Can you believe?

"Jesus said to him, “If you can believe,[a] all things are possible to him who believes.”" - Mark 9:23

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" - Matthew 7:11

Can you believe?

"Jesus said to him, “If you can believe,[a] all things are possible to him who believes.”" - Mark 9:23

No if it is not God's will to heal a person and if it is not in His plan for that person all the prayer in the world is not going to change that. Not everyone is healed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

9 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Can you believe?

But do you think that God heals everyone all the time. I've know many a good Christian die with cancer, heart disease, and who are living with other diseases such as diabetes...Are saying that they just don't have enough faith or what?

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No if it is not God's will to heal a person and if it is not in His plan for that person all the prayer in the world is not going to change that. Not everyone is healed.

"Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”" - Matthew 9:29

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

8 minutes ago, IvyRose said:

But do you think that God heals everyone all the time. I've know many a good Christian die with cancer, heart disease, and who are living with other diseases such as diabetes...Are saying that they just don't have enough faith or what?

The problem is that many people are not seeking, not asking, and not believing. Then many people are discouraged to ask in faith, without doubting.

But examine for yourself: Would you rather die believing or not even trying?! If it is to believe, then believe in the good.

If you are going to ask, do so in faith, without doubting... And you will see the glory of God.

If people discourages you of seeking, then I am doing the opposite... Because that is what I have learned from the Lord Jesus: Just come and bring it to me, says the Lord.

"Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you?
How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.”" - Matthew 17:17

God bless you, in Jesus' name!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

"Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”" - Matthew 9:29

Hi 4 ,MM is right to say that not everybody will be healed on this earth,they will be healed but many might have to wait until that blessed day when we will be with the Lord, God can and will heal His children but it will happen in His time:)

• Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Are you a faith healer?

6 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Hi 4 ,MM is right to say that not everybody will be healed on this earth,they will be healed but many might have to wait until that blessed day when we will be with the Lord, God can and will heal His children but it will happen in His time:)

Yes, we will be healed either while we are on this earth or when we get to heaven. In either case we Praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 3