Jaynee

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What will happen to bodies which are buried when Jesus returns? I'm aware it is our souls that live on through Jesus, although it's just a question I always wonder. Will they just disappear for us to be given new ones? Also, given the fact some people have a buriel, where as some others have a cremation? 

Maybe a silly question that I'm looking into too much?! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

We shall be given new perfect eternal Bodies..

1 Corinthians 15: KJV

50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. {51} Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. {53} For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. {54} So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. {55} O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? {56} The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. {57} But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Adstar said:

We shall be given new perfect eternal Bodies..

1 Corinthians 15: KJV

50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. {51} Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. {53} For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. {54} So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. {55} O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? {56} The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. {57} But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Thanks Adstar, I'm aware we will be given new bodies, although what is your personal opinion on what happens to our old bodies ? Do they turn to dust? Will our new bodies still resemble our old? 

Thanks for your reply! :rolleyes:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Our bodies are made mostly of water, so when we die, they will return to dust.  There are many scriptures relating to dust.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Jaynee said:

What will happen to bodies which are buried when Jesus returns? I'm aware it is our souls that live on through Jesus, although it's just a question I always wonder. Will they just disappear for us to be given new ones? Also, given the fact some people have a buriel, where as some others have a cremation? 

Maybe a silly question that I'm looking into too much?! 

All born again bodies who have been buried and cremated or lost at sea will be resurrected.

The first resurrection of those bodies to heaven will be at the rapture of the Church before the seven year tribulation. The second resurrection will be at the second coming. These will be those who came to Christ during the seven year tribulation. The tribulation saints. The bodies of the OT believers such as Job, Noah, Abraham etc will be resurrected at this time. Those who entered the 1000 year millennial kingdom  from the seven year tribulation will have to have some kind of transformation to a glorified body to enter the eternity.

All those who bodies who are now in Hades who are unbelievers will be resurrected after the 1000 year millennium. They will be judged at the Great White Throne judgment and thrown into the everlasting fire of torment or hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for all your replies. I have never heard of the seven year tribulation! Will have to do some reading :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Those who are alive at the coming of Christ will never die. There bodies will just turn into immortal. God can collect the dust that was our bodies and change it into immortal bodies too.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Those who are alive at the coming of Christ will never die. There bodies will just turn into immortal. God can collect the dust that was our bodies and change it into immortal bodies too.

Thanks Wayne222! 

Trying to get my head around it all :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, Jaynee said:

Thanks Wayne222! 

Trying to get my head around it all :rolleyes:

This is a good subject. We should be sure what we believe.  We will live forever with our new immortal bodies on the new heaven and the new earth. What a time! And no one will hate any others. Your house will not be broken in ever. We will have something fun and exciting to do everyday. We will see things we can never imagined. And we will never get tired of it. But we will look forward to each new day. And best we will be with Jesus Christ and see his glory.

4 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

This is a good subject. We should be sure what we believe.  We will live forever with our new immortal bodies on the new heaven and the new earth. What a time! And no one will hate any others. Your house will not be broken in ever. We will have something fun and exciting to do everyday. We will see things we can never imagined. And we will never get tired of it. But we will look forward to each new day. And best we will be with Jesus Christ and see his glory.

It is very interesting! Confusing and tricky to get your head around at time, but I am trying to look deeper into different areas where my knowledge is not so "clued up". Such as the Seven Year Tribulation period, which over all the years I have never read about! 

Yeah -  It's exciting thinking about what we have got to look forward to! Makes the hard days a bit easier to get through! :rolleyes: