• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, inchrist said:

No your not hearing scripture and going back to the original greek text....instead you build doctrines on words that have been added in....and a complete misunderstanding of phraseologies.

You learned this from some teacher who taught you his verion of greek to justify his version of this teaching.   OH dear its not a new tactic.

they been doing it for years. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You learned this from some teacher who taught you his verion of greek to justify his version of this teaching.

That is the problem, people learning from letter and not from the Spirit.

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" - Matthew 11:15

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

8 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

That is the problem, people learning from letter and not from the Spirit.

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" - Matthew 11:15

And this sure aint new is it .     The jews did it to their people,  Rome did it and many do it to the churches.

One in particular he claimed while in the Spirit he could understand greek ,   changed their version of the bible

then while on trial , POOF he couldn't speak greek.     That is known as selective amnesia.    OR FALSE .   either way ITS FALSE .

How many different translations of greek have I heard.  well the Mormons, the jehovas, the Adventists and others all saying IT means this in greek

yet all they greek contradicts the others greek.    HMMMMMMM        sounds like to this simple man they must be MAKING IT UP to justify THEIR OWN PERSONAL revelations.

Be blessed my friend of quite a few letters.     

9 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Was not dead, and is not dead now.  Hebrews 11:5 very clearly says that Enoch was translated.  He was taken to heaven by God, just as Elijah was.  If you say otherwise, it has nothing to do with translations or the Greek, that is a rabbit trail.  Added words have nothing to do with it either.  Another rabbit trail.  The transliterated Greek says exactly the same thing that the KJV, NIV, NAU, ESV, et., etc., etc., say.  That Enoch was translated and did not see death   You are simply denying what scripture clearly says to prop up your own private beliefs.  Not content in being in error yourself, you continually attempt to get others to join you in your error.  Not buying.

And we cant let ol bugs bunny lead us down the wrong hole .    Hims good about trying that .

10 hours ago, inchrist said:

No your not hearing scripture and going back to the original greek text....instead you build doctrines on words that have been added in....and a complete misunderstanding of phraseologies.

Oh boy its a good thing we got greek in the last days to FINALLY let us know what the bible really meant.   So sorry for those in older generations who did not have

these wise GREEK learned men to help them.    NO THANKS.     the bible is just fine without mens greek to help point NOT TO JESUS but rather to their OWN personal revealtions

which I must say sure gets them some praise from men for seeming ever so wise.     NO thanks on yalls greek.    I will stick with the HOLY SPIRIT

that knows ALL LANGUAGES and WILL HELP US IN TIME OF NEED and will FEED us the RIGHT UNDERSTANDING .

let it sink in.     just let it sink n.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,222
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And we cant let ol bugs bunny lead us down the wrong hole .

swedish bugs bunnyindex.png

swedish forgive-trans.png.32ae09beb01c597018ed4eb00473599f.thumb.png.ecf1fbddd3b23cd69165168a6cf8c824.png

swedish bugs bunny  carrotimages.jpg

swedish peaceimages.jpg

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

3 hours ago, 1to3 said:

swedish bugs bunnyindex.png

swedish forgive-trans.png.32ae09beb01c597018ed4eb00473599f.thumb.png.ecf1fbddd3b23cd69165168a6cf8c824.png

swedish bugs bunny  carrotimages.jpg

swedish peaceimages.jpg

May that bunny hang its head in shame.    It gave us the middle finger.  NOT NICE BUGS, not nice.

26 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

May that bunny hang its head in shame.    It gave us the middle finger.  NOT NICE BUGS, not nice.

Maybe your bunny lol, but not mine, mine is covered with the blood of Christ Jesus Amen!

Woe to those who take  the place of God to judge His children,

Matthew 7:2

1Do not judge, or you will be judged. 2For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?…

Psalm 12:2-3
They speak falsehood to one another; With flattering lips and with a double heart they speak. May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, The tongue that speaks great things;

Psalm 5:9

There is nothing reliable in what they say; Their inward part is destruction itself Their throat is an open grave; They flatter with their tongue

Proverbs 29:5

A man who flatters his neighbor Is spreading a net for his steps

Job 32:21-22

"Let me now be partial to no one, Nor flatter any man. "For I do not know how to flatter, Else my Maker would soon take me away.

Romans 16:17-18

Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them. For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

Edited by 1to3

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

More misapplication of scripture trying to infer no one should call false doctrine exactly what it is.

You got that wrong, when someone tries to paint me as a bad person, that is not right.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Funny.  Why would I need to be providing proof when you are the one pushing a line of reasoning that has already been shown to be false?  You are claiming Enoch died.  Hebrews 11:5 clear says he did not.  Why don't you just chop μὴ ἰδεῖν θάνατον out of verse 5 and call it a day.  11:13 poses no problem because since the author already clearly stated that Enoch did not see death, 

You live in such a warped reality....Already been proved false? The only thing you've proven is your inability to understand phraseologies, point proven with the phrase was not

I can bet youre also blissfully unaware the types of sight in NT Greek?

http://www.therain.org/appendixes/app133.html

The one we concerned with is 

ἰδεῖν (idein)

Idein is the infintive word of eidon = see: implying not the mere act of looking, but the actual perception of the object:

Eidon = perceive; perceiving; perceived 

Idein = to perceive (infinitive mood)

It's also where you get the word hades from

Hades is a-idein

'a-' means 'not'

Idein means to perceive.

In other words hades means not knowing; a more suitable understanding would be the word oblivious.

This is why the dead know nothing because they are in oblivion.

Ecc 9:5

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

Your immortal soul doctrine "thou shalt not die" even violates the Greek words.

God took Enoch (was not = phraseology meaning of dead) for God took Enoch in a way so Enoch did not have to preceive death.

There are countless of people who have died not perceiving their death.

There is a vast gulf in difference to one not perceiving one's death; to one avoiding death.

In other words your argument or your " proven false" stance is blunted 

Why would  I chop μὴ ἰδεῖν θάνατον out of verse 5 when it's the very words that nullify your claims?

The verse Hebrew 

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death

Then is best understand as follows

Enoch died, For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

Which is the constant theme in scripture.

Now please show me which heaven Elijah was taken to?

1. Atmosphere 

2.Cosmos

3. Third heaven; God's abode.

Edited by inchrist