• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

What does it mean, put GOD First in your life?

Let's try this simple questionnaire checking up our Right-Standing with LORD GOD to answer this question.

1. Giving time

Do I daily sacrifice a good amount of time for Prayer and Bible Study?

Do I always come to Church Services and Small Groups well before they begin, having my routine business left behind and mobile phone off?

2. Giving property

Am I always Honest to GOD in Tithes and Offerings?

Am I always dressed up for the Church Service as I honestly think is right?

Am I always ready to welcome needy folks into my house?

3. Giving labor

Do I serve LORD to the best of my abilities?

4. Giving life

Am I ready to deny myself, leave all and follow Him?

5. Obedience

Is the Word of GOD the Highest & Final Authority for me and, therefore, I always answer No to whosoever, all common sense, any legal rules, Church regulations, traditions, &c., &c., contradicting the Holy Scriptures?

Do I seek the Will of GOD before taking whatever important step in my life?

Do I always follow the Guidance of Holy Ghost without any compromising?

May the LORD our GOD bless you & me so that we might honestly answer Yes to all these questions.

People need to be reminded more often than they need to be instructed.

(C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, p.82)

Scripture reference:

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (Jewish Creed)

15:21; 17:1 (no lame offerings!)

Psalms 84:10 (choosing the walk of life)

Ezekiel 42:14; 44:17-19 (the clothes set apart)

Malachi 3:8-11 (...prove Me now herewith...)

Luke 14:33 (the cost of Discipleship)

Hebrews 12:1-2 (...lay aside every weight...)

1John 4:16 (Love)

From Q & A book,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

Edited by Igor Evgen
good advice received

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

..just an extra verse..

"So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:33)

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

To put JESUS FIRST above all things, TO love GOD foremost above all things is easily known.

The love for HIS SAYINGS for TRUTH is simply forefront on the heart .

No matter what we lose we stay only with HIM.   And have the JOY of the LORD within.

IF we lose mother , father , wife , son or daughter , DUE TO OUR BIBLCAL JESUS SAYINGS stance.    WE choose to HONOR CHRIST rather than

embrace their sin.     When threatened if you don't change your stance I will leave , WE LET THEM LEAVE

WE choose JESUS over all things .   if we lose relationships due to we wont accept their sin ,  WE simply follow HIM and LOVE those sayings

we use those sayings for encouragement and also correction if any is erring from them.   We will not show up and honor gay weddings

we will not show support for evil .   We will simply do all to win the soul.   

WHEN the whole heart is above on Christ ,   I assure us all their is nothing that fills and can fulfill us like HE can.

Their is no love for money, only love of HIS SAYINGS , their is no fear to suffer, only rejoicing when we are persecuted.

can nothing fulfill us , ONLY HE can and HIS sayings are loved as HE is loved.     But know and understand this too

He who rejects JESUS , and if we reject HIS sayings , WE REJECT HIM , will be rejected .   Their heart does not know him.

For the LOVE of GOD , does the HOLY SPIRIT pour unto our hearts.   And I assure us all THAT LOVE rejoices IN TRUTH

that love does not honor nor rejoice in inquitiy , its a love that PUTS GOD FIRST ABOVE ALL .  and nothing even compares.

Being born again IS  REAL.   its a real event.     My advice may many return to the first faith , the first love

and do all that honors the SON , for he who HONORS the SON , HONORS the FATHER .   but he who does not , the wrath of GOD awaits. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Selfless service to God.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

23 hours ago, Igor Evgen said:

What does it mean, put GOD First in your life?

Hi Igor Evgen,

A few years ago when I was attending public meetings organised by man I would have answered differently. I would have gone through and done a check list. However today, is today and my answer is - Putting God first in my life is -

Listening to Him daily and obeying His promptings as I go about the tasks He has set before me, being responsible for my self, my husband, (to a certain degree) and to those believers we meet with and finally those around us we work amongst.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just want to add that too often WE think of selfless things to do but really are they what God wants us to do. Remember -

`and though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up...` (1 Cor. 13: 3 & 4)

let`s ask ourselves, which is easier - to tick off the boxes of meetings etc or dying to self daily to listen to the Holy Spirit regarding that attitude of ours?

Mmm a real daily challenge. (Note the `flesh` loves to tick the boxes, but the Lord is not fooled.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Let's honestly tick the boxes we can (to ourselves) and work on those we don't, by prayer and supplication in the power of the Holy Spirit, knowing that we can't do it in our own strength, but striving to in the Spirit, and making right choices.  "Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  Phil. 3:13-14.  In fact, I kept thinking I should add in Vss 7-12 as well. NASB

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1