• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,874
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On February 3, 2018 at 8:43 AM, listener24 said:

I LOVE this thread and I love you guys!

First of all, it is completely good and edifying to imagine Heaven, for many reasons:

1) JESUS used the same technique with us. Of course, Heaven would be unimaginable good and better than now, but JESUS knew that when NEED to have some images to become more excited about it, that's why HE USED images like the BANQUET (Matthew 8: 10-11 and countless other verses), the WINE of the Kingdom (Lc 22: 14-20), having power and responsibilities (Luke 16:10), and so on.

2) In order to proceed with more conviction toward a goal, our brain needs some "images". This is one of the reasons why Jesus used them. Therefore, if someone has only a "vague", "abstract" image of Heaven, 99% of the times he will not be really in love with Heaven and desiring it with all his harth. And he will regret not doing things and experiencing pleasures on earth, because he will think that he will never have occasion to experience them anymore, but this is WRONG.

Therefore, dear @missmuffet, it is wrong when you say:

This observation is also true for @Jaydog1976 and whoever jumps on the train of "let's NOT think about Heaven, let's just have it as an "abstract", powerLESS, NOT exciting image in our brain".

Is it not edifying? Are the many "earthly" images that Jesus uses to help us not edifying? I'd suggest you sisters and brothers to reconsider your positions, and to BLESS this kind of thread, because there are already too many people NOT in love with Heaven, and love for Heaven is an important component of loving Christ because Heaven is His Kingdom.

Is it not edifying? Are the many "earthly" images that Jesus uses to help us not edifying? I'd suggest you sister to reconsider your position, and to BLESS this kind of thread, because there are already too many people NOT in love with Heaven, and love for Heaven is an important component of loving Christ because Heaven is His Kingdom.

Therefore, let's spread love for Heaven and let's welcome such posts that makes us think at it as the exciting place that it WILL be. Because Heaven it's gonna be exciting, with many things to do, not an "abstract beatitude".

God is a creative and active God.

It's definitely likely that with the creative powers Jesus will give us, we'll be able to create "video-game"-like things :) Just far more advanced, now on earth we are already creating "virtual reality", in the Kingdom we'll likely be able to create entire virtual "universe" and play each others "games" :) And how cool would be "videogames" created by the Lord Himself :P

I think so, that's why it's worth to spend every possible second on this earth trying to serve the Lord and helping others. So that we may look back with a smile :)

I will also want to see in "high definition" everything Jesus did and said 2 thousands years ago! It will be exciting to see what the apostles have seen.

why not...maybe on waves 10 Kilometers tall, in some cool planet that you'll be able to visit (we are already able to move along planets with our technology, I guess eternity is long enough to create technology to travel across universes)

:) and then have some Heavenly fish in some Heavenly banquet with Jesus and the prophets.

I think I've seen in some movies or ads poeple playing golf on clouds :)

I'd like Jesus to rap Matthew 23 for me. To leave the pharisees (both the old and the MODERN pharisees) even more speechless.

Thank you again, @BeyondET for this EDIFYING post.

As for me, in addition to all the cool things you have said, again, I'd like to watch in "high definition" Jesus life and what He did and said in the 3 years in which He saved us.

Looking forward to hear other answers, and let's SPREAD the LOVE for HEAVEN!!!

Let your Kingdom come soon, Father. Maranatha

Thank you my brother and your very welcome, :)

when Jesus spoke of heaven He used items that was luxury on earth in those days some of those items were mansions, gold crowns, Jewels.

in my Father's house there are many mansions.

what would Jesus use today, in my father's house there are many Lamborghini's, golf coarses. Virtual PlayStations abound beyond.

no matter how old we get we should thrive to keep the child like dreams alive, living with a child like heart is a beautiful thing.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0

Typo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

At present, we see through a glass half darkly. I think that not only applies to our earthly knowledge of God and scripture, but possibly our senses. Given that we know the light spectrum is almost limitless. I wouldn't be that surprised if we can visually see the sound notes coming off of instruments? Hear color coming off from flowers? Seeing how the Apostle Paul and others were evidently forbidden to describe what heaven was like and most of what the seen, I'd say we're in for the biggest surprise ever!

Eyes have not seen nor ears heard...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

, the KINDOM IT desecends to earth 

This something to chew on , 

When Jesus said the "kingdom of God" he did not say Heaven, and he knew the word "heaven" and he said " the Kingdom of God", and he did not say in Jerusalem or Judea, he said on Earth, it is on earth and available to everyone who believes, 

Jesus Christ has died, the world is cleansed , the Holy Spirit works on all the earth, no borders, the walls of seperations between the Nation of Israel and the other Nations has gone, and the walls between man and God has gone, 

And in this is kingdom the spirit of God is in us who believe in the Christ , who is Jesus Christ. 

Many nourish their own dreams, thats why they say the Kingdom of God has not come yet. 

30 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

At present, we see through a glass half darkly. I think that not only applies to our earthly knowledge of God and scripture, but possibly our senses. Given that we know the light spectrum is almost limitless. I wouldn't be that surprised if we can visually see the sound notes coming off of instruments? Hear color coming off from flowers? Seeing how the Apostle Paul and others were evidently forbidden to describe what heaven was like and most of what the seen, I'd say we're in for the biggest surprise ever!

Eyes have not seen nor ears heard...

Pretty cool thought,

every object in the universe creates a note a sound, quite a big symphony, :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Pretty cool thought,

every object in the universe creates a note a sound, quite a big symphony, :)

That's my understanding also. And according to the Bible, every star differs in brightness. That's a whole bunch of variation considering there are trillions of stars.

Scientist claim the universe has an echo from the "big bang". But we know it has to be the echo of the Lord's voice when He spoke the universe into existence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On February 3, 2018 at 6:03 PM, brakelite said:

I think I will need to be able to sing a whole lot better than now before I get invited into any angelic choir. What will be interesting is that we will be singing songs in which angels cannot participate. Songs of the redeemed.

How good you sing won't be a issue, you'll be right up front singing with the choir.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

AAAh, Yowm.   We are talking about heaven, Right?..................

That is what I was wondering :39:

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

I can imagine enjoying the most beautiful scenery in the Heavens on my Harley.Perhaps with Jesus on the back.oooops better take that back......no fun allowed in Heaven! No wonder the world is so turned off to Christianity.Even a common sinner recognizes sanctimony.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Finally, beware of everybody who tries to depict Heaven as a boring, static place.

and beware those who would bring earthen and contrary ideals of passions of this life , INTO HEAVEN so it don't sound boring to them.

IF our idea of heaven includes wordly pleasures you spoke of ,  then you need to die to those things .  you trying to bring heaven up to earth

BUT that wont be.  REMEMBER HEAVEN and all its HOLINESS , the KINDOM IT desecends to earth .

And if its in us now.............those worldy desires would be no more .    die to them .   let gets the focus off the entertainment of the world.

and back on Christ and the gospel .   For i play no video games etc,    YET AM FAR FROM BORED.  the presence of CHRIST should be what ENTERTAINS US .   

You didn' t understand my post.

Read again some differences I've mentioned with earthly things.

Morevoer, if it were just a static place for people standing still doing nothing, there would not be needed any separation of those who listen to God from the evil ones who don' t obey Him.

That' s why many who are convinced will enter, will NOT enter if in their hearts are still evildoers and don' t want to listen to God about what is right.

"Who is faithful with few things is faithful with many things "