• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

If you walk in the Spirit, the Bible says you will not fulfil the lusts of the flesh.  I have heard people claim they never sin.  My last Pastor said he hadn't sinned since he was saved back in the 50s when he was sanctified.  He held to the doctrine of Charles Wesley that sanctification is a second definite work of grace.  He did say he made mistakes.  What I took that to mean is he didn't commit willful sins.  Who is to say if that is true or not?  I never saw him sin, and didn't follow him around all the time.  

Butero,if a so called Christian (in name only)sins, he's lost already but might not realize,he committed the biggest sin of unbelieve which cannot be forgiven.

To sin on purpuse when we realize that God gave his only Son to die for our sins,how can a born again Christian keep sinning without feeling awful guilty? I want to live for Jesus,if there's no desire to live for the One who died for our sins ,then that person was not born again at all from the beginning.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Perfectionism.

To walk in the Spirit.

"And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness." - Romans 6:18

53 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Do you know anyone who never sins?

Jesus.

"Which of you convicts Me of sin?" - John 8:46

I am not saying I never sin. The problem is to love to sin, we should love Jesus.

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him,
    “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
        And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”" - John 8:31-32

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I know in who I have believed, and trusted.

"But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me." - John 8:45

I believe I have told you the truth. Is it truth? Yes.

"But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me." - John 8:45

"I do not receive honor from men." - John 5:41

I think you have become self delusional in some ways. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

27 minutes ago, Butero said:

What I took that to mean is he didn't commit willful sins.

He was probably talking about that. And it is possible, keep seeking.

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." - Galatians 5:16

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I think you have become self delusional in some ways.

:mellow:

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
15 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Butero,if a so called Christian (in name only)sins, he's lost already but might not realize,he committed the biggest sin of unbelieve which cannot be forgiven.

To sin on purpuse when we realize that God gave his only Son to die for our sins,how can a born again Christian keep sinning without feeling awful guilty? I want to live for Jesus,if there's no desire to live for the One who died for our sins ,then that person was not born again at all from the beginning.

Thanks Angels.  I understand where you are coming from now.  I am in the habit of trying to figure out what someone means rather than what they say.  I suppose I did that in this case without realizing it.  I deal with a lot of people with issues related to speech and I am used to translating it to myself.  I felt like I knew what he meant.  

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Seriously you think it's your job to warn already saved Christians to repent and believe your way or there lost. Its really cultic. In the cults they act like this. They will warn you your lost unless you accept there belief. 

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Seriously you think it's your job to warn already saved Christians to repent and believe your way or there lost. Its really cultic. In the cults they act like this. They will warn you your lost unless you accept there belief. 

There is truth to that, but this problem takes place in many different churches.  I can't tell you how many people I have encountered over the years that tell already saved people that they are not saved because they don't believe in unconditional eternal security the way they do.  It must be exactly as they do, down to the point of saying there is no way a real Christian can lose their salvation.  If they don't believe precisely like that, they aren't really saved.  

I realize others will say if you don't keep the Sabbath or eat kosher, you aren't really saved too.  There are others that say you aren't really saved unless you are Jesus only and are baptized in his name rather than the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  This is a common problem among Christians today.  I don't know if there is any real solution given what Jesus said.  

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth?  I tell you, Nay; but rather division."  Luke 12:51

I am not sure why that is the case, but look at how different we all are here at Worthy Boards, and how contentious things get over doctrinal differences.  Everyone is accusing everyone else of not being saved because of their beliefs.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Yes. Only Jesus sheep, fully repentant and baptized by Him will be assured of never losing salvation.

God knows the hearts, truly, all the hearts.

"While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name.
    Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled." - John 17:12

Their sins. A believer, as stated in the bible, is the one who believes and trust in Christ (till the end) and do what He says to do: Repent.

Logically, when one repents he/she cannot go back and start loving to sin like we see some self proclaimed believers do.

If anyone does not love the Lord above all that is in the world, including sin. Then the love of the Father (His Holy Spirit) is not in him.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world.
    If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15

James makes a good example of this .    You BELEIVE CHURCH their is one GOD ,  ye do well

BUT even the devils believe and tremble.  Faith WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD being alone .    YEAH many do believe , yet so do the devils

The problem is , IF the new life aint evident ,  if good works BY Faith are not evident .   ITS ALL IN VAIN .    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The problem is , IF the new life aint evident ,  if good works BY Faith are not evident .   ITS ALL IN VAIN .

Satan works so hard against repentance that he tries to demolish the faith of those who have overcome by the blood of the lamb by saying: "It was your own effort"

If anyone could overcome the flesh, the world, and all that is in it by themselves, then Christ died in vain... Wake up, people! Do not ignore the power of God.

"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain." - Galatians 2:21

Glory to God! Amen.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Guest Butero
16 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

There is one other thing to consider.  If Christians or anyone else aren't living right, what is wrong with calling them to repentance?  What is wrong with asking them to make their calling and election sure?