• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

Paul’s “My Gospel”
http://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/new-covenant/the-new-covenant-can-rob-you

By Justin Johnson
If Paul taught the same gospel as those before him, then why did he call it “my gospel” three times?

Paul uses both the phrases “the gospel” and “our gospel” in his epistles, but when Paul mentions “my gospel” it shows that he had a unique message.

My Gospel: to Jew and Gentile

Paul’s gospel made no distinction between Jew or Gentile. All are counted in unbelief as sinners, and are judged by God without respect of persons whether given the law or not.

Therefore, Paul says:

“In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.“ – Romans 2:16

During time past, Jesus’ earthly ministry, and up to encounter with the Roman Cornelius there was a distinction between Jew and Gentile in Peter’s ministry preaching. The Jews had a special spiritual standing with the Lord. Gentiles did not.

My Gospel to Stablish

Paul says “my gospel” is how God stablishes the Romans.

“Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began…” – Romans 16:25

To the Corinthians, Paul claims to be the masterbuilder who lays the foundation of the grace of God upon which other men build.

“According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon.” – 1 Corinthians 3:10

Resurrection According to My Gospel

Resurrection was a part of Jewish prophecy, Jesus foretold his own, and Peter preached the resurrection of Christ before Paul was saved. So how could Paul say this?

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel” – 2 Timothy 2:8

The fact of the resurrection was prophesied, and both Paul and the twelve taught it (1 Cor 15:11). However, the resurrection of Christ was preached by Peter as proof of his Messiahship, and assurance of the kingdom come.

Paul preached the resurrection of Christ as the means of salvation and sanctification for all humanity as part of a new creature, the church the Body of Christ.

Unique to Paul

Paul’s gospel message was entirely of Christ, and so Paul stands alone in calling it “the gospel of Christ” and “Christ’s gospel”, but that he also calls it “my gospel” can only be explained by the fact that Christ gave it first to Paul exclusively.

No one else in scripture could claim “my gospel”, nor can we. We learned the gospel from Paul’s writings, and the twelve apostles taught the same gospel as John the Baptist and of which the prophets spoke (Mark 1:4; Mark 1:15; Acts 3:19-21).

Paul repeatedly says that the dispensation of the grace of God was given to him (Eph 3:2; Eph 3:7; Col 1:25; Rom 15:15).

The Lord revealed to Paul a mystery kept secret since the world began (Rom 16:25; Eph 3:3). Paul was the chosen vessel of the Lord appointed to the office of apostle of the Gentiles (Rom 11:13;2 Tim 1:11).

A “dispensation of the gospel” was committed unto him (1 Cor 9:17). His gospel was not received by man, nor was it of man, but given to him first by the Lord (Gal 1:1; Gal 1:11). Even Peter had to learn that God had given Paul further information about God’s grace (Gal 2:9).

It was truly his gospel from Christ, and it was his responsibility to preach his gospel wherever he went.

“If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward…to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ” – Ephesian 3:2-9

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: December 5, 2015
Last Modified: December 5, 2015
Related posts:

1. -Handling Gospel Transition 
    -The Gospel According to Paul 
    -So We Preach… 
    -The Gospel Missing in John 
    -The Separation of the Grace Gospel 
    -Did Paul Preach A Different Gospel? 
    -Why Jesus Needed to Resurrect

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27

So We Preach…
http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/so-we-preach

By Justin Johnson
“Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.” – 1 Cor 15:11

The apostle Paul preached a mystery of Christ (Rom 16:25). The twelve apostles taught Christ according to prophecy (Acts 3:21-24).

However, they were both witnesses to the resurrection of the Lord.

Witnesses of the Resurrection

When the twelve saw the resurrected Lord, they were commissioned to witness his resurrection as a sign of his being the Messiah to Israel (Mat 12:40; Acts 1:22).

“And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” – Acts 4:33

On the other hand, Paul had nothing to do with the Lord’s earthly ministry, nor the commission of the twelve, since he was in unbelief through Acts 8 when he persecuted Peter’s little flock for blasphemy.

However, in Acts 9 Paul also witnessed the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ as he appeared to him on the road to Damascus.

The Lord’s appearance to Paul was unprecedented. Paul (who was Saul at the time) was rejecting the Lord, and had no faith in him.

This all changed when the Lord by his grace appeared to Paul and saved him not by his works, but by the gospel of the grace of God (Eph 3:1-2).

It was by revelation that Paul was ordained an apostle to preach a dispensation of the gospel given to him by the Lord to the Gentiles (Col 1:25-27).

Paul’s gospel of the uncircumcision was different than Peter’s gospel of the circumcision (Gal 2:7).

The mystery of Christ given to Paul was kept secret from the prophets, whereas Peter’s message of prophetic fulfillment was the subject of the prophets.

However, both were witnesses of the Lord’s resurrection.

So We Preach

In order to deny the special revelation given to Paul, 1 Cor 15:11 is used as evidence that Paul preached nothing different from Peter.

Rather the verse shows only that Paul and Peter preached some things in common.

Both Peter and Paul taught Jesus as the Christ.
Both Peter and Paul taught that Jesus fulfilled the prophets.
Both Peter and Paul taught salvation by Jesus Christ.
Both Peter and Paul witnessed Jesus’ resurrection.

Paul says that Peter added nothing to his message, but Paul did have revelations from the Lord that Peter had not heard before (Gal 2:6; 2 Pet 3:15).

“For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” – Gal 1:12

Paul was the first to teach the mystery of Christ to Gentiles.
Paul first taught the glory of the cross to all men (Gal 6:14).
Paul first taught the formation of a new creature called the Body of Christ where there is neither Jew nor Gentile.
Paul was the first to teach free salvation to all based on the merits of Christ’s death and resurrection.

Peter and Paul had different ministries, and different gospels, but they served the same Lord, with the same Spirit, to the glory of the same God.

The Resurrection Problem in Corinth

The Corinthians were fighting amongst themselves about Paul’s special apostleship. They were also questioning the important doctrine of the resurrection.

The entirety of 1 Corinthians chapter 15 is a defense of the doctrine of the literal physical resurrection.

He begins by repeating the gospel he preached unto them first. It was not the twelve that preached the gospel to them, or any other apostle, but Paul.

Five times the word “I” is used in 1 Cor 15:1-3 to remind the Corinthians that it was Paul who received the gospel to preach to the Corinthians and by which they believed.

Paul’s gospel is clearly stated in 1 Cor 15:3-4:

“…how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” – 1 Cor 15:3-4

Paul’s gospel is very different from the gospel of the twelve, as has been written about before.

After explaining his gospel, Paul makes the statement that, “ whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed” (1 Cor 15:11).

If Paul had a different gospel than Peter, then what did they both preach?

The answer is found in the following verse:

“Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?” – 1 Cor 15:12

Peter and Paul both preached that Christ rose from the dead. They both witnessed his resurrection.

This is a fitting statement made to people who were questioning both Paul’s apostleship and the doctrine of resurrection. Paul says, “whomever you claim to follow, the resurrection is taught.”

Peter did not preach the mystery of Christ, nor did Paul preach the soon coming of the kingdom to Israel.

It would be wrong to think Paul and Peter taught every thing the same.
It is equally wrong to think Paul and Peter taught every thing different.

1 Cor 15:11 shows that both were witnesses of his literal physical resurrection from the dead.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: March 9, 2013
Last Modified: January 20, 2018
Related posts:

-Why Jesus Needed to Resurrect 
-The First to Preach the Gospel 
-The Twelve Did Not Preach the Cross 
-Verse List: The Twelve Did Not Preach the Cross 
-Paul’s “My Gospel” 
-Did Peter Preach Paul’s Gospel at Pentecost? 
-Paul is Proof of Christ’s Resurrection
My Website : https://patrickjane3169.wixsite.com/website
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpzjN3dF-_PnAc81SQVjqhg?view_as=subscriber
Twitter : https://twitter.com/patrickjane3169

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007669219364
Google : https://plus.google.com/u/0/113527239869543729835

Hearing, believing and trusting the gospel of our salvation seals us with that Holy Spirit of Promise. The Lord is not slack concerning His promises. 2 Peter 3:9 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - Ephesians 1:10-14 KJV - Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV -
 Ephesians 1:7 KJV -
  • Thumbs Up 1

Paul is Proof of Christ’s Resurrection

http://graceambassadors.com/christ/paul-is-proof-of-christs-resurrection

By Justin Johnson

According to the Biblical record, Paul was the only apostle ordained by Christ after his resurrection (1 Tim 2:7, Acts 9:15).

The twelve apostles (including Matthias) were all disciples of the Lord while he was yet on the earth before his death (Acts 1:21-23).

Paul (then called Saul) did nothing but oppose the Lord’s ministry before and after his crucifixion until Christ appeared to him in resurrected glory.

Without Christ’s resurrection, there would be no Paul, only Saul.

This makes Paul the apostle of the resurrected Christ.

The Resurrection Message of Paul

The resurrection of Christ is central to Paul’s gospel and message. It is not a secondary issue or an afterthought.

“But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.” – 1 Cor 15:13-14

When Paul’s special apostleship is rejected, it is tacit denial of the Lord’s resurrected ministry through the church.

It was the Lord from glory that first explained the doctrine, position, walk, and destiny of the church. All of which are only found in the writings of the apostle of the resurrected Lord.

The resurrection of Christ was not necessary for the law-keeping, kingdom building, and faith plus works preaching of the twelve.

The twelve apostles of Israel’s kingdom ministry were able to preach their message of the king and the kingdom come before Christ died and resurrected.

Even after the resurrection, the earthly apostles stayed in Jersualem and were eventually tolerated as another law abiding sect with a preferred Messiah (Acts 21:20).

The apostle of the resurrection claimed to receive instructions that could only be revealed by the resurrected Lord himself.

“Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:” – 2 Tim 2:8

“…and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began…” – Rom 16:25

Paul Questioned because of Resurrection

Paul’s conversion and message depends on Christ’s resurrection.

“Men and brethren… of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.” – Acts 23:6

The Jerusalem saints were accepted because of their zeal for the law. Neither Paul’s apostleship nor his message could be accepted, because accepting Paul’s testimony would be accepting revelation from a resurrected Christ.

“Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?” – Acts 26:8

Paul’s testimony requires the resurrection of Christ, otherwise his conversion and ministry is the greatest lie in Christianity.

Paul was not an apostle among the twelve chosen by the Lord in his earthly ministry. If Paul is an apostle of Christ, then Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

“Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)… Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.” – Gal 1:1; Gal 1:20

Paul is proof of Christ’s resurrection.

Following Paul is following Christ in his resurrection ministry from heaven.

Without the resurrection of Christ, Paul has no message, no ministry, and no salvation, and neither do we.

Top of the Page
Article Index
Published: August 23, 2014
Last Modified: April 14, 2018
Related posts:

1. -Why Jesus Needed to Resurrect 
    -Do You Believe in Resurrection? 
    -So We Preach… 
    -Paul’s “My Gospel” 
    -Christianity Starts With Resurrection 
    -Paul Last of All 
    -Paul, an Apostle

My Website : https://patrickjane3169.wixsite.com/website
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpzjN3dF-_PnAc81SQVjqhg?view_as=subscriber
Twitter : https://twitter.com/patrickjane3169

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007669219364
Google : https://plus.google.com/u/0/113527239869543729835

Hearing, believing and trusting the gospel of our salvation seals us with that Holy Spirit of Promise. The Lord is not slack concerning His promises. 2 Peter 3:9 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - Ephesians 1:10-14 KJV - Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV -
 Ephesians 1:7 KJV -
  • This is Worthy 1

Do You Believe in Resurrection?

http://graceambassadors.com/salvation/do-you-believe-in-resurrection

By Justin Johnson
Resurrection is a miracle. It is an essential tenet of the gospel, and yet there are many who call themselves Christians that do not believe in literal resurrection.

Such Christian unbelievers describe resurrection as a renewal in your life, turning your life around, rising from the ashes, or a fresh start.

None of these spiritualized explanations are the Biblical meaning of resurrection.

Resurrection is a dead person coming back to life.

I’m not talking about zombies, NDE’s (near death experiences), the movie Flatliners, or the after life. The Bible speaks of bodily resurrection.

A dead person is someone whose blood is not flowing, the brain waves have stopped, there is no breath, their cells have started to decay, the flowers are on the grave, and the obituary is already clipped out and placed in your Bible.

When that dead person opens their eyes, grabs the flowers, and walks into your living room… that is resurrection.

Jesus Christ resurrected.

Imagine the history altering, life changing, mind blowing consequence to seeing him resurrected. This was the reaction of the disciples, Paul, and the hundreds of others that saw him in flesh and bone (Luke 24:49).

“After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep… And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.” – 1 Corinthians 15:6-8

The resurrection is what spurred Peter and the twelve to continue preaching the kingdom at Pentecost. It was the literal physical resurrection that converted the hardened unbeliever Saul and gave him charge over the dispensation of God’s grace.

Were hundreds of these men who saw Jesus resurrected liars, including doubting Thomas and Saul the cynic who denied the stories of Christ’s resurrection until they saw him with their own eyes?

The biggest problem facing humanity (including Ray Kurzweil) is death. The solution is not found in any natural power or pill, but in the supernatural power of the gospel of Christ’s resurrection.

Belief in resurrection testifies to a belief in God, a belief in miracles, and a belief in Jesus Christ.

According to Paul’s gospel, without the fact of resurrection, then our faith is vain, we are yet in our sins, and there is no hope against death.

“…if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” – 1 Corinthians 15:16-17

“Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” – Romans 4:25

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:23

Christ has already been resurrected from the dead for my sake, and I believe that I will also resurrect after I die. This is faith in the God that saves me from death, and does what he says (1 Cor 15:1-4).

The gospel is a miracle. Resurrection is a miracle. Immortality is a miracle, and God gives it to all who trust in the power and promise in Christ’s resurrection.

“But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:” – 2 Tim 1:10

This is good news, do you believe it?

Hearing, believing and trusting the gospel of our salvation seals us with that Holy Spirit of Promise. The Lord is not slack concerning His promises. 2 Peter 3:9 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - Ephesians 1:10-14 KJV - Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV -
Edited by Steve_S
Removed all the links at the bottom.
  • This is Worthy 1

Faith in What?
By Justin Johnson
Sometimes people ask, “is faith enough for salvation?”, or, “do you have faith?”

…Faith in what? There is nothing special about faith in itself.

Every thinking man is a man of faith, but faith in what?
Every false religion has men of faith, but faith in what?
Every Bible ignorant churchgoer says they are people of faith, but faith in what?

It is the object of our faith that makes a weak faith or strong faith.

Faith not based in reality is powerless.
Faith in the wrong thing is unacceptable.
Faith without content is not faith at all, but ignorance.

Merely having faith is pointless, unless it is faith in the right thing. The right thing is always what God provides as the object of faith.

The Justifier of the Ungodly

“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” – Romans 4:5
Most every religion teaches that to be counted righteous before God, we must prove ourselves righteous.

The faith of every religious man is in vain if they believe that ungodly men cannot be justified before God.

Of course, ungodliness is wrong and is rightly condemned by God and man, but God has provided a means to justify ungodly people without their good works.

If your faith squirms at this admission then your faith is entirely unacceptable to God, and you have no faith in the gospel that saves.

Evaluate the content of your faith, you may find it is faith in yourself and your own godliness, instead of God’s provision.

God can justify the ungodly who place their faith in the blood of Christ as paying for their sins.

Faith in the Death and Resurrection

“But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” – Rom 4:24-25
If your faith does not include the resurrection of Christ on your behalf, which constitutes the finished work of Christ, then your faith is in vain.

“And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain;…” – 1 Cor 15:17
However, righteousness can be imputed to you if we believe in God, who delivered Christ for our offences, and raised him up for our justification.

Many “people of faith” claim ignorance about how God saves them, or that their faith is found in circumstances, or “every day miracles”. This is not a faith God respects.

Faith comes from hearing the word of God (Rom 10:17). Even then, when the Bible says to have faith, we must ask, “faith in what?”

Not all men in the Bible had faith in the same thing. Faith in a covenant, the law, the kingdom come, or even the name of the Son of God is not the content of the gospel today.

Faith in Christ’s work on your behalf is what has been offered for your belief. It is not faith in any thing that matters, it is faith in the right thing: faith in the gospel for today.

Believe the Gospel

“By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” – 1 Cor 15:2-4
Without Christ’s death and resurrection Christian faith is blind, impotent to save, foolish, and unacceptable to God. This is why Paul places so much emphasis on the preaching of the cross as the object of your belief.

If this doctrinal faith makes you uncomfortable, or conflicts with what you think God should accept, then your faith is not based on the Bible, and is not based in reality.

People believe miracles, and can be condemned when they die.
People believe in angels, and good deeds, and karma, and will be guilty on judgment day.
People have faith in humanity, good will, and charity and will not be saved because they have rejected God’s provision.

We are saved by trusting the gospel of our salvation, not by faith in feelings, churches, popes, religious systems, good works, hard work, church going, angels, miracles, or any of the millions of things people of faith believe.

The gospel of our salvation is the finished work of Christ on our behalf (Eph1:13).

One thing saves. Only one faith is acceptable. Only one faith was taught by Paul as the gospel. That is faith in Christ’s death for our sins, his physical burial, and literal resurrection for our eternal life.

Christ’s cross work is what saves. Is your faith in that?

Top of the Page
Article Index 
Published: March 16, 2013
Last Modified: February 7, 2018
Related posts:

-Do You Believe in Resurrection? 
-Ignorant Abraham and His Righteousness 
-When Can Works Justify 
-What Easter Pageants Fail to Mention 
-Complete In Christ 
-How Do I Know I Am Saved? 
-Is Faith Without Works Dead? 
  • Thumbs Up 1

Losing Salvation in Hebrews
By Justin Johnson
Losing salvation is a serious controversy in Christianity. After becoming a Christian can failure and sin lead to God’s rejection or is salvation secure apart from performance?

Both sides of the debate have clear Bible verses to support their position. Salvation security teachers claim the verses that speak of God’s grace and unfailing promises. Salvation losers claim verses about God’s judgment, and conditions to endure, bear fruit, keep, and work to receive those promises.

Which verses are right? The answer for the dispensational Bible believer is all of them… to whom they were written.

The Dispensational Answer

This confusion, like many others, arises from a failure to understand the Bible dispensationally. Dispensational Bible study employs context, timing, and audience to reconcile verses that otherwise, taken literally, are at odds with each other.

It is no surprise, then, that this controversy can be resolved by recognizing the dispensational difference between Israel and the church. More specifically, Paul’s epistles to the church must be rightly divided from the Hebrew epistles to Israel.

If Paul’s epistles are where people learn about salvation by grace complete in Christ, then Hebrews is where people go to “lose” it.

Salvation Now

Paul’s epistles alone contain the doctrine of Jesus Christ according to the mystery: the doctrine, position, and pattern of the church today.

Paul’s epistles also contain the strongest statements of present salvation by grace without works, conditions, or unfulfilled promises. According to the mystery salvation is found in the present dispensation of grace complete in Christ.

Salvation in the End

The Hebrew epistles contain the doctrine concerning the remnant of Israel going through persecution while waiting for their promised kingdom come.

The Hebrew epistles also contain the strongest statements of future salvation dependent upon endurance, works, and performance unto the end. The reason it sounds as if the Hebrews can lose salvation is that, for them, salvation is found in the future fulfillment of covenant promises.

They have not yet received their promised salvation, and so until then, they can lose their future claim on it.

Of the epistles written to remnant Israel the book of Hebrews has the most warnings about failing to receive what they were promised. Below is an incomplete list of such warnings.

1. Heb 1:14 – Angels ministered to Israel. Israel shall be heirs salvation. Israel’s salvation is yet future.
  2. Heb 2:1-3 – Hebrews exhorted to give heed, lest at any time they should let them slip, receive judgment, and neglect salvation.
  3. Heb 2:8 – Hebrews were not yet seeing the promised kingdom, they had to wait.
  4. Heb 3:6 – For Israel to be the house of Christ requires holding fast unto the end.
  5. Heb 3:7-12 – Hebrews could depart from the living God and not enter into rest.
  6. Heb 3:14-19 – Hebrews could be partakers of Christ if they hold fast unto the end.
  7. Heb 4:1 – Hebrews should fear lest they come short of the promise of rest.
  8. Heb 4:11 – Hebrews were told to labour to enter into that rest.
  9. Heb 4:16 – The believing remnant still needed more grace in time of need (compare to 2 Cor 12:9).
  10. Heb 6:4-6 – It is impossible for enlightened Hebrews to be renewed after falling away.
  11. Heb 6:7-8 – If they do not bear fruit then they are rejected, cursed, and burned.
  12. Heb 6:10-12 – Their assurance was in faith and patience unto the end.
  13. Heb 6:14-15 – Hebrews quotes Gen 22 which is what James uses to prove the necessity of works.
  14. Heb 9:28 – Salvation comes to Hebrews when Christ appears the second time.
  15. Heb 10:24-29 – Do good because there is no more sacrifice for sins but judgment.
  16. Heb 10:36 – Hebrews receive the promise after patiently doing the will of God.
  17. Heb 10:38-39 – Drawing back is rejection, moving forward is salvation.
  18. Heb 11:13 – The Hebrew example are those who died in faith not yet receiving promises.
  19. Heb 12:11-14 – Without chastening and holiness no man shall see the Lord.
  20. Heb 12:15-17 – A warning against failing the grace of God, selling their birthright, and being rejected.
  21. Heb 12:25 – There is no escaping the wrath of him who speaks from heaven.
Ignoring the dispensational context of Hebrews causes salvation confusion. Hebrews is where people go to lose their present possession of salvation and reject the dispensation of the grace of God for today.

Hebrews must be rightly divided from Paul’s epistles to the Body of Christ if men are going to clearly see Christ according to the mystery (Eph 3:9).

• Thumbs Up 1

The Audience of Hebrews

http://graceambassadors.com/books/hebrews/hebrews-audience

By Justin Johnson
Determining the audience is an important task for dispensational Bible study. The book of Hebrews hosts so large a controversy over the author that the audience is often overlooked. Just as important as the author in determining application is the audience.

Jesus called this believing audience his “little flock” (Luke 12:32). This little flock was the Jewish church at Pentecost, and after the scattering became the audience of the book of Hebrews.

It is commonly thought that Hebrews is written to people in the mystery church, the new creature, the Body of Christ, but that would be wrong. It is time to set the record straight.

As we go through Hebrews verse by verse on Tuesday nights, we are collecting clues to define the audience. What we find is overwhelming evidence Hebrews is written to the believing remnant of Israel, the Hebrew church of the Twelve apostles.

Here are some clues:

1.2 – “in these last days” – This puts the audience in the dispensational context of the prophetic last days spoken about in Acts 2:17.
1:2 – “spoken unto us by his Son” – Jesus came to Israel as a minister of the circumcision promises, and not to Gentiles with the mystery (Matt 15:24; John 1:10-11).
1:4 – “better than the angels” – That the author is comparing angels to Christ indicates a Hebrew audience in a dispensation where angels had a role (John 1:51; John 5:4; John 20:12). Paul instructs the church to avoid angels with a message today (Gal 1:8).
1:14 – “shall be heirs of salvation” – The future promise of salvation describes Israel who alone God made a promise and covenant of salvation.
2:3 – “how shall we escape” – Certain punishment would come if they let slip the things they have heard about Christ. The church today is at peace with God, and Christ remains faithful even if we do not (2 Tim 2:13).
2:3 – “which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord” – The Lord’s earthly ministry was to Israel in accordance with the message of salvation proclaimed by the prophets through the law, covenants, and kingdom.
2:3 – “unto us by them that heard him” – This speaks to those who heard the Lord in his earthly ministry. This excludes anyone in the church the Body of Christ which did not begin at Pentecost.
2:4 – “with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles” – See previous comment referring to the Pentecostal believers, not the church today.
2:5 – “world to come, whereof we speak” – The content of the book concerns the prophesied world to come to earth which was promised to Israel not angels.
2:9 – “but we see Jesus” – Peter testifies to seeing Jesus crowned with glory and honour also in 2 Pet 1:16-18 referring to the transfiguration in Matthew 17.
2:10 – “many sons” – Reminds us of Christ declaring that he would give his life a ‘ransom for many”, in reference to the little flock. Whereas in 1 Tim 2:6, according to the mystery, he gave his life a “ransom for all.”
2:11 – “both he that sanctieth and they who are sanctied” – The only sanctified people that existed when Christ was in the flesh was the nation Israel
2:11-12 – “call them brethren” – Those who do the will of God according to his earthly prophetic ministry he called brethren (Matt 12:50; John 20:17; Ps 22:22).
2:13 – “the children which God hath given me” – This is a reference to Isaiah speaking about those who were for signs to Israel, and remotely to John 17:6 referring to the disciples during his earthly ministry.
2:16 – “seed of Abraham” – Which would have had import to those concerned with the seedline.
2:17 – “to be made like unto his brethren” – Who were of the seed of Abraham (Heb 2:16).
3:1 – “High Priest of our profession” – Israel had priests. A high priests implies lower priests. There is no priest in the Body of Christ according to the mystery.
3:6 – “as a son over his own house” – Moses built a house; but the house belonged to Jesus as the son. This connects Jesus ministry in Hebrews to that of Israel.
3:6 – “whose house are we” – The author and audience are included in the house that Peter describes in 1 Pet 2:5, which is Israel (1 Pet 2:9).
3:7 – “if we hold fast the confidence… unto the end” – There are many conditional statements in Hebrews that speak about this sort of endurance required of Israel, because their covenant had not yet been fulfilled (Heb 3:11; 3:12; 3:13; 3:14; 3:19). Members of the church today are presently complete in Christ, and are not waiting for grace or salvation to come in the end, since they have it now.
3:8 – “as in the provocation, in the day of temptation” – The audience is the same people that went through the provocation and temptation in the wilderness. The audience is covenant Israel being tried in a wilderness before the enter the promised kingdom.
3:12 – “in departing from the living God” – The audience can choose to depart from God.
3:14 – “partakers… if we hold the beginning of our confidence” – Their partaking of Christ is conditioned on their holding fast.
4:1 – “a promise being left us” – The audience are not strangers from the covenants of promise (Eph 2:12).
4:1 – “should seem to come short of it” – The audience can after having the promise, come short of receiving it. Today, members of the church do not receive any promise until they are first sealed and saved (Eph 1:13).
4:2 – “unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them” – The gospel this audience had heard was the same as what was told to Israel in the wilderness. Namely, the good news of the promised land being nigh: the gospel of the kingdom.
4:11 – “let us labour … to enter into that rest” – The audience of Hebrews is required to labour to the end, or lose their place in the promised kingdom rest.

And this after only four chapters of verse by verse study!

The History of Hebrews

Jesus commissioned the twelve apostles to begin their kingdom ministry in Jerusalem (Luke 24:47). From there they would minister to Judaea, then Samaria, and finally the Gentiles (Acts 1:8). Their message of the King and the kingdom never got past Jerusalem. The rulers of Israel rejected Christ and his followers by murdering Spirit-filled Stephen (Acts 7:59).

Consequently, the believing remnant in Jerusalem was scattered (Acts 8:1), and it became evident that the kingdom they were proclaiming had not yet come. Since Jerusalem rejected and separated them from their holy city, temple, and priests, the Spirit filled remnant of Israel needed encouragement that their promises were still sure.

The book of Hebrews provides that encouragement by explaining the better things by faith for the remnant. Jesus was Christ according to prophecy and was the assurance of their promises being fulfilled if they endured unto the end.

Our relationship to the doctrinal content in Hebrews as members of the mystery Body of Christ is that of spectator not participant. This is a right division that will cure many confusions that are caused by the covenant content of the book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Peter’s Audience

http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/peters-audience

By Justin Johnson

Jesus commissioned the twelve apostles (including Peter) to begin their kingdom ministry in Jerusalem (Luke 24:47). From there they would minister to Judaea, then Samaria, and finally the Gentiles (Acts 1:8). Their message never got past Jerusalem. The rulers of Israel rejected the kingdom gospel by murdering Spirit-filled Stephen (Acts 7:59).

Consequently, Peter’s audience did not go beyond Israel and the believing remnant that expected to see God’s kingdom come to Earth. Jesus called this believing audience his “little flock” (Luke 12:32). This is Peter’s audience in his epistles.

It is commonly explained that his epistles were written to Gentile Christians. There is little scriptural support for this idea. It’s time to set the record straight.

As we go through 1 Peter verse by verse on Tuesday nights, we are collecting clues to define Peter’s audience. What we find is overwhelming evidence Peter is writing to the believing remnant of Israel, the “little flock”, scattered by persecution in Gentile territory (Acts 8:1).

Here are some clues:

• 1:1 – “to the strangers scattered” – The audience was not at home in Gentile territory, excluding Gentiles.
    1:2 – “elect” – Israel is God’s elect (Isa 45:4).
    1:3 – “grace… and peace, be multiplied” – They sought more grace; Paul proclaims the riches of grace to Gentiles (Eph 1:7).
    1:4 – “begotten us again” – Gentiles would not be begotten of God again; Israel was God’s firstborn in Exodus 4:22. The begotten again refers to the New Testament second chance to Israel.
    1:5 – “salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” – The audience is waiting for salvation; Gentiles have it as a present possession in this dispensation (Rom 5:11).
    1:10 – “prophesied of the grace” – This is in contradiction to the message kept secret, Israel’s message was prophesied (Acts 3:21, Eph 3:4-6, Rom 16:25).
    1:12 – “with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven” – This occurred at Pentecost; the ministry at Pentecost was to the “men of Judaea” (Acts 2:14).
    1:13 – “hope to the end for the grace” – The audience receives grace in the end, reminding us of Acts 3:19.
    1:18 – “received by tradition from your fathers” – referring to the fathers of Israel.
    1:23 – “being born again” – This is terminology that refers to involvement in the New Testament given to Israel (see 1:4).
    2:5 – “holy priesthood” – This is a prophetic reference to the priesthood of Israel (Exo 19:6).
    2:6-7 – “I lay in Sion” – This is the place where they believed and accepted what their kinsmen rejected, Sion/Zion is prophetic language referring to Israel.
    2:9 – “royal priesthood, holy nation” – This cannot be the nations (Gentiles) plural if it is identified as only one nation. That it is a priestly nation means it can be none other than Israel.
    2:10 – “in time past were not a people” – This is not Gentiles, but a quote from Hosea 1:9-11 referring to the return of Israel.
    2:11 – “strangers and pilgrims” – The audience includes pilgrims into Gentile lands, since all lands outside of Israel are Gentile, then the audience must be Israel.
    2:12 – “honest among the Gentiles” – This only leaves a Jewish audience.
    2:24 – “by whose stripes ye were healed” – A quote from Isa 53:5 referring to the prophetic atonement made for Israel.
    2:25 – “sheep going astray” – They were called the little flock, and only Israel was named as the sheep of God, Jesus was their Shepherd (John 10:11).
    3:7 – “prayers be not hindered” – covenant condition to their prayers
    3:9 – “called, that ye should inherit a blessing” – a reference to the promises to Abraham and kingdom blessings (see Mat 19:29,25:34)
    3:12 – “against them that do evil” – This is the covenant relationship with Israel, compare to Rom 4:5 and Rom 5:8.
    3:21 – “baptism doth also now save us” – compare to 1 Cor 1:17.
    4:3 – “will of the Gentiles” – this only leaves a Jewish audience
    4:7 – “end of all things is at hand” – This is the same message from Peter in Acts 2:16-17.
    4:17 – “at the house of God… begin at us” – terminology reserved for Israel.
    4:18 – “where shall the ungodly …appear” – Paul has an answer for ungodly Gentiles (Rom 4:5 and 5:8). The audience had to retain their godliness in order to be in right standing. This reflects their covenanted status. The covenants belong to Israel.
    5:4 – “chief Shepherd”  John 10:11 is the Messiah as the shepherd over his lost sheep of Israel Mat 10:6.
    5:8 – “roaring lion” – The Devil mimics the ministry of the Messiah who will return to Israel as the lion of Judah, different than today where the Devil is a minister of light (2 Cor 2:14).

When determining the dispensational context of a scripture the audience plays a significant role. If Peter was writing his epistles to the believing remnant of covenant Israel, then it is not written to the Jew-Gentile mystery church of this dispensation.

Our relationship to the doctrinal content in 1 Peter is that of a spectator, not of a participant. This is a right division that will cure many confusions that are caused by the covenant content of the book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Richard Jordan, of Grace School of the Bible, advices his school's Pastor-Teacher students to "study to know, and then preach what you know..."

One aspect of that involves the practice of investing time in the Bible, merely reading it.

Over time, as you become more and more familiar with many things in Scripture, just from this practice alone, when someone comes along and asserts this, that, or the other, you find that you are able to note where they are off or not, and why.

Because you are so familiar with many things in Scripture.

The other part of study being the actual practice of studying a thing out, not simply reading the Bible, as in the above practice I just now mentioned.

And the first practice: just reading the Bible, greatly helps you with this other practice - you're studying a thing out attempting to better understand it, and you find that all that time simply reading the Bible has resulted in a memory bank stocked with all sorts of other passages and places in the Bible related to what you are attempting to study out.

That is how memory works - a meaning and or context similar to the one you are thinking things in, is set off by it, and next thing you know, you are re-membering* things related to it.

Whoops, its happened again, just now. My above, set off a memory of the following - because they share a similar context and or meaning - notice:

John 2:15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. 2:17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

Study...to know.

Rom. 5:6-8.

* Words like re-member; re-collect; and so on, are actually describing the process of bringing together once more into one whole, the various members or pieces of a memory. Thus, a word like re...member, or re...collect...or re...call..., and so on.

Food...for thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why Preaching Peter Makes Us All Liars

http://graceambassadors.com/prophecy/pentecost/why-preaching-peter-makes-us-all-liars

By Justin Johnson

Acts 2:38 is no doubt one of the most popular verses in Acts chapter 2. It is used quite often by those that make water baptism part of the gospel, but it is most often quoted out of context. What about the rest of Peter’s message?

If you think our pattern begins at Pentecost, then why don’t you ever hear Peter’s sermon at Pentecost repeated in its entirety from pulpits today?

Perhaps it is because repeating Peter’s Pentecostal message in its entirety would make us all liars. Preaching Acts 2:14-39 to the church today would feel awkward, out of place, doctrinally incorrect, and, at best, incomplete.

Here are half a dozen lies that would be spoken if you preached Peter’s message to your church.

“ye men of Judaea… ye men of Israel” – Acts 2:14; Acts 2:22

Peter specifically addressed Jews and Israel on the day of Pentecost. This is not merely a problem of a different audience, because Peter deliberately excluded Gentiles knowing the kingdom was promised to Israel (Acts 2:39; Acts 3:25-26).

Furthermore, he had not yet learned the acceptance of Gentiles by God (Acts 11:18), and Peter’s ministry was to Jews only before he was pushed to visit Cornelius (Acts 11:19).

By taking this approach, you would be neglecting to preach the gospel of Christ to all: Jew and Gentile, without difference (Rom 1:16; Gal 3:28).

“this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel” – Acts 2:16

Would you dare say this from a pulpit? Especially after the hullabaloo that has recently passed about the end of the world in September, that is now come and gone, and become the laughingstock of Bible Christianity.

The “this” Peter refers to are the supernatural prophesies uttered by the power of the Spirit in the languages of the world. Is this your ministry? Do you speak in tongues? If you are not, then you are lying that Pentecost is your pattern.

Pentecostals for over a century have claimed passages like this to support their confusing and chaotic utterances, when in actuality the words at Pentecost were all understood, and spoke to “that” which Joel prophesied: the restoration of Israel’s kingdom and language. Joel did not speak about the mystery church of today (Rom 16:25).

So, whether you are part of the tongue talking groups, or not, it would be wrong to repeat “this is that”. Salvation is not being today in Zion and in Jerusalem (Joel 2:32).

“a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs… as ye yourselves also know” – Acts 2:22

No one alive today has seen Jesus live among us. None of us has a genuine memory of Jesus of Nazareth. No one today is witness to a single miracle of Jesus while he was on earth.

All that we know of him we read from inspired scripture. Yet, Peter was using their memory of these miracles to prove who Jesus was. Knowing Jesus and remembering his miracles is a prerequisite for the unbelievers listening to Peter’s message.

“ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain” – Acts 2:23

I did not do this, and neither did you. Everyone that delivered Christ to council, nailed him to the cross, and cheered at his death sentence is now dead.

Peter is blaming that generation with the murder of Jesus, and we do not fit in the audience. The only way we can see our guilt in the death of Christ is according to the mystery when we realize that he purposely died for our sins, and so our sins made his death necessary.

Meanwhile, we are told to glory in the cross (Gal 6:14), whereas every time Peter mentions it in Acts 2 it is a shame to Israel.

Preaching that I crucified Christ with my wicked hands would be a spiritual lie, preaching Christ dying willingly for my sins is the gospel not preached at Pentecost.

“whereof [the resurrection] we all are witnesses” – Acts 2:32

No one has seen Christ resurrected since the days of Paul. Paul declares that last of all he was seen of him (1 Cor 15:8).

We believe the death and resurrection of Christ because of the scripture records, not because of a promise that God has given to appear personally before each person that believes.

“he hath shed forth this which ye now see and hear… ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” – Acts 2:34; Acts 2:38

Peter was offering the same thing that was happening to all the believers at Pentecost to the unbelievers at Pentecost. If you do not have a public testimony of the Spirit’s gifts, and if the Spirit does not empower those you baptize to do what they did at Pentecost, either God is a liar, or you are (Rom 3:4).

Pentecost was a one-time event that fulfilled prophecy toward Israel. The revelation of the mystery of Christ, his church, and the gospel of grace was not yet known.

Stop the Lies

The ministry of Peter and Paul were different.

These statements were not lies when Peter spoke them at Pentecost, but by repeating them today in our churches they become lies. This should be a good indication that the message and ministry of Peter at Pentecost is not our pattern.

The pattern of God’s grace sent to unbelieving Gentiles is found in Paul’s epistles. Paul’s ministry began in the middle of the book of Acts after Israel had rejected the Pentecostal promise of the last days and the earthly kingdom.

Whereas preaching Peter’s message would make me a liar, there is no problem reading what Paul wrote in the book of Romans in my church without a lie. This is what should be done more often.

Stop the lies. Stick with Paul.

• Thumbs Up 1