IGNORED

Worthy has changed a lot in ten years ...

OneLight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm not sure I'm Worthy exclaim me coon coon.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I think we'll just leave it.

:24: that's about as dry as it gets :thumbsup: 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

Between this type of posting and the false teaching,

Well, its not a church. I don't even come here for "teaching". That is what a church is for.  It is a forum site. What maybe consider false teachings by one may not be consider false teachings by another. I view this place as an interesting place to come to get other point of views and opinions on topics and what not. Again it is not a church.  Where you go for spiritual teaching. Where one person(a pastor) speaks and the rest of us listen. Anyone can post and it is really up to you rather or not you follow what they are saying  or disregard it.   Hopefully you are getting a good spiritual education from a church and through your own study so that you are able to decided if a poster is peaking truth or falsehoods. You need to have a good foundation. You are not going to find that on a message forum. 

• Oy Vey! 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Well, its not a church. I don't even come here for "teaching". That is what a church is for.  It is a forum site. What maybe consider false teachings by one may not be consider false teachings by another. I view this place as an interesting place to come to get other point of views and opinions on topics and what not. Again it is not a church.  Where you go for spiritual teaching. Where one person(a pastor) speaks and the rest of us listen. Anyone can post and it is really up to you rather or not you follow what they are saying  or disregard it.   Hopefully you are getting a good spiritual education from a church and through your own study so that you are able to decided if a poster is peaking truth or falsehoods. You need to have a good foundation. You are not going to find that on a message forum. 

That is it not a church is irrelevant.  There is a lot of bad seed being planted by false teachers here. 

And the fact that  it is not a church doesn't mean that we can simply let false teaching flourish.   I have been here long than anyone else on this thread, unless angels has posted here, and what we have today is a waaaaay different than what used to be in terms of the volume of false teaching we have now.   It is not enough to simply disregard it, because that is how false teaching spreads.  It spreads because it is never countered and in some cases, is given validity by the way it can flourish on the boards. 

And many on this board don't go to church and this is the closest thing they get to church, for whatever reason and that is enough to warrant looking into adding more mods who are sound in doctrine to counter the false teaching.

The Lord says there is only one way, truth and life and few that will find it... this alone for the desires that are expressed here will be nigh on impossible but like as Paul we who have the Word speaking for us will continue to speak it ... no matter all else!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Worthy is an excellent ministry today!

Perhaps if a person is unhappy then they should wonder and pray over why, and retire for at least awhile (a fast) with grace and with high appreciation for the time they have had at the ministry of someone else serving our lord Jesus.   This ministry is work done to the Glory of God  in the name of our Lord Jesus. I think it best to pray over it and not ask others to leave in a cluster of "we" the disgruntled. Instead taking a time to look inward, while asking of self, what is going on in there, what restoration of happy countenance is needed within? At the least, if  anyone is tired or can't have their "comfort" they should  avoid trying to establish a disgruntled "we".

May God bless the ministry here. May I be humble in acceptance of the guidelines of the board, and may I read often those guidelines in personal effort to not get so personally arrogant as to think it is to be my way or I will hit the highway even asking  others to do the same.

May I remember that before God I will be brought, and when I am I will not be able to say  "we" think, and if You don't change "we" are leaving this place.

Instead I think  I need account of myself with some sense of humility and in confidence. I might as well start that good practice as of this moment and try to hold onto that  way every moment forward- it is part of my own sanctification. Thank you Lord for the efforts of Worthy Christian Forums. Please bless it and those responsible for the work done in Your name on it and through it.

Shiloh is right ... if it is not brought into the open it remains hidden and nothing gets any better.  I expected that there will be some that would disagree, and that's fine.  What you don't know is that I have been praying for this site for years, ever since I noticed it had turned.  I also "wandered" for a while and found not better ground.  Yet, that does not mean that Worthy is anywhere near what it used to be.  All it means is that there are a lot of Christian sites are going in the same direction.  Take a look around the threads.  I see a few that are really on track, which is a blessing to see, but most of them are either conspiracy theories, babbling or false teaching.  It all comes down to where the heart is. 

I sit and wonder why so many people who were solid left and why?  All I can think of is that our doors are as wide open as the Southern Boarder, allowing a lot of undesirables in that cause damage, especially when they come in small groups that go unnoticed for the most part, and then people start asking why this site, like our country, is in such terrible shape.  AyinJade is right ... those who are solid get worn down due to being outnumbered.  Unfortunately, there are more that come here with false teaching, and are allowed to stay to spew their false teaching, then those who come here and are solid.  I don't think there is anyone here that will say there are more mature Christians than false teachers in the world.  When one gets shut down, two or three take their place.  I'm afraid tolerance is held at high esteem here where it never was before.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

And many on this board don't go to church and this is the closest thing they get to church,

Well that could be a problem for some then. I am not telling anyone what they should be doing. But if one is using this message forum as their church, I think they could be in danger of being lead astray by every form of teaching. So what do we do here? Delete every post that does not hold to "our" believes?  Or every post we disagree with? I know for me all those post about the King Jame's Bible being the only true Bible and how women should only wear dresses are consider  false teachings by me. But would it be right for me go to and delete those posts?  Or maybe we should change to rules about posting? Say people can only post base on the believes of "such and such church", anything else will be consider false teachings and deleted? 

It is really up to you guys. If you want this place to be a church then decided who the pastor is going to be and have them and them alone post messages(sermons) and the rest of us will just sit back and follow along. Except for me. Cause I won't be here. ;)

21 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

For some, this is the only Church they will ever see.  This may also be the only place they look for teaching.  More amd more people wander the internet each day looking for answers that would never walk into a church.  No matter where we are, we are to represent Christ in every way.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

Just now, OneLight said:

For some, this is the only Church they will ever see.

This isn't a church. It is a message forum. I would advice everyone here to go find a nice church or a small study group where they can get a spiritual foundation.   

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This isn't a church. It is a message forum. I would advice everyone here to go find a nice church or a small study group where they can get a spiritual foundation.   

You are ignoring the truth behind what I said only to suggest this is just a message board.  I know what a forum is, but that does not mean that is the reason people come here.  Look around at all the questions people ask about salvation and you will begin to see it is more than a message board. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1