Loss of faith

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

hello everyone, from my earliest memories my family has always gone to church every Sunday.But i'v also always been big in science Watching stuff like bill nye, how the universe works ect. For the last couple years now i have been question my belief in god; I mean there as been all this evidence of how the universe was created and then the only evidence i have about god is the bible. I of course want to be with my family in heavan but i don't want to believe in.  Thanks for listening .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello,Welcome to Worthy...Did you ever get saved before? if not and you want too you can .Even by yourself in a Prayer if you like. Here are 2 verses that some it up...

KJV

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 
Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 

If you already have been saved and  you want your Faith to increase then the Word says...

Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

if you would like a free computer Bible to go along with this site you can get on here...   http://www.e-sword.net/

free Audio Bible here...   https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/audio/

If you think you have just backsliden...Then i would  Go with this Verse myself ...KJV

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

and then seek the things of God and or the Word to Build up.

the evidence you speak of ...Well when i got saved(for real i faked it many times) the Holy Spirit came upon me kinda strongly...not sure how to explain it very good but its amazing...its like a comfort that i cant explain ...its like it clears your mind greatly and you understand things  you didnt before....

Hope this helps.Agape

Edited by shanee
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Blayze henderson said:

hello everyone, from my earliest memories my family has always gone to church every Sunday.But i'v also always been big in science Watching stuff like bill nye, how the universe works ect. For the last couple years now i have been question my belief in god; I mean there as been all this evidence of how the universe was created and then the only evidence i have about god is the bible. I of course want to be with my family in heavan but i don't want to believe in.  Thanks for listening .

It makes me wonder what church you went to ...? so that a ridiculous man like Bill Nye could pull you from your faith....
welcome lep on mushroom colors.jpgHe believes in leprechauns you know :24: 

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Hi, Blayze.

I'm also "big" into science.  I was a science teacher for many years  - 4th through 9th grades.  I've been a devout Christian for a much longer time than a science teacher.

I've never had a problem with science pulling me away from God or the truths of the Bible.   Legitimate, provable, and true science does not negate the Bible.  Metaphysics does.  Pseudo science does.

What exactly is giving you a problem?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

There is no evidence that the universe was created by a big bang, or that we evolved from a single cell (now that takes some faith to believe in!). 

Jayne, the former science teacher, is willing to help with your questions... that's a great opportunity for you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

13 minutes ago, Debp said:

There is no evidence that the universe was created by a big bang, or that we evolved from a single cell (now that takes some faith to believe in!). 

Jayne, the former science teacher, is willing to help with your questions... that's a great opportunity for you.

That's exactly right Debp. When I get 100 posts, I'm opening a Conspiracy thread and a Biblical Cosmology and Creation thread. I suppose I could start the cosmology thread now though if I want. But I'm still planning how to begin it here. There's a twist to it but it's all completely Biblical and Christian related. I need to talk to staff one more time about it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome, Blayze!

The truth is, there are many scientists who accept the Bible because science points to it being true. I'd like to recommend you go to the Youtube channel called "Theology, Philosphy and Science." Youtube is an amazing resource. Look up videos of guys like Hugh Ross, John Lennox, Josh and Sean McDowell, Greg Koukl, Lee Strobel, Frank Turek, and many more. There is a wealth of knowledge.

Since you're specifically interested in "how the universe works," definitely go learn about the fine turning of the universe. It's a literal impossibility for everything to exist as it is through random chance.

God bless in your search!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Blayze, I can see where you are coming from, and perhaps you need to find out a bit more about the Bible, and I don't mean that in a patronising way. We all need to constantly turn to our Bibles. Now, me being a mere mortal and only a young Christian I cannot possibly provide you with the type of information that you seek. BUT... I know someone who can, please look up 'Chuck Missler' on youtube, he has a scientific, engineering and technological background and his discoveries through his research on the Bible are completely mind blowing. There are hidden messages in the Bible, things science could never explain, things that point to it's supernatural origin. Please do look up some of Chucks videos, they were a real blessing to me when I discovered them.

Of course always test everything, never take anything at face value, and the Word of God is a living thing, it reveals different things to different people. May God Bless you in your search.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

On 3/24/2018 at 10:15 PM, Jayne said:

I've never had a problem with science pulling me away from God or the truths of the Bible.   Legitimate, provable, and true science does not negate the Bible.  Metaphysics does.  Pseudo science does.

I agree. When I first started believing in Christ, I still had questions about things like how evolution meshed with the Biblical account. But while I kept a fully open mind about things, it wasn't long before the Lord showed me the weaknesses in the evolutionist case. Long story short, taking a few upper level courses in paleontology and reading through a couple of well-written books by creationist authors, and I found out Christianity has no problems with real science whatsoever. Only false science presents a problem.   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, Blayze henderson said:

I have a PhD in physics and have worked as an applied scientist, engineer, and analyst professionally for decades.  I've also been a Christian for over 40 years.

For me, the key is that my trust and confidence in God rests in decades of having seen God's hand at work in my life and other people's lives.   I don't sweat the details of how God created the universe; for me the important thing is that He did.  In my mind, the biggest issue is whether we are ultimately unique beings with intrinsic value created in God's image according to a greater purpose or if we are simply random self-aware collections of atoms that simply exist.  For some people, "faith" (which is often an ambiguous term different people use differently) means not having doubts about particular facts and opinions.  For me, faith is a trust and confidence in God as a Person rooted in a lifetime of walking with God on a consistent basis.  

My observation of many people over decades is that trust and confidence (and fading doubts) are rooted in a consistent walk with God over months, years, and decades much more than being rooted in answering questions and trying to eliminate doubts.  That's not to say apologetics has no purpose and that we shouldn't stop asking questions.  What it is to say that being a Christian is much more being about living life as a grand adventure that God has us on than it is about having a list of beliefs to have no doubts about and a set of rules to follow.  Being a Christian is about having God's Spirit come within us to live and transform us into new creations.  It is about God transforming us into the individuals that He created us to be.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1