• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

You wonder why people say that you act as though you are better then them? It is because you act like you are John the Baptist, calling out in the wilderness for the people to come and repent. As if we are the Pharisees and Sadducee instead of the Remnant. We are not the lost nor the loosing our way, but the faithful who repent on our own every day. You are not the Christ nor are you one of His Disciples Whom He sent to save us. You should be out there evangelizing the lost, not crying for the repentant to repent. You have at least one person fooled who stated that you are better than they, but you don't have very many others fooled.

No, no Rick.....I didn't say "he" was better than me, I said his gift is better than mine.  There are greater and lesser gifts in the Body of Christ, it's just a fact.  I was responding to an accusation that he thinks he is better than everybody else......and I was trying to make a point that maybe his gift and calling happens to be better (greater) than some.

And there certainly are those called to be John the Baptists, so to speak......who themselves "are" not better than anybody else, but they have a gift that is badly needed in a time of dearth.  Doesn't the bible even say Elijah/John the Baptist would come before the great and terrible day of the Lord.  So we shouldn't be surprised to cross paths with some Elijahs now that it is the last days and we see the falling away.  Repentance prepares the way for the Lord, it always has....and John came preaching repentance to God's own people, not to those who were outside.

And greater gifts come at a greater cost, so that nobody needs to envy anybody else.  Who would envy Paul, for example, who was the last in the procession and the refuse of the earth, and died daily so the church could live...etc.  People are offended for the same reason that they were offended at Jesus...."isn't this just the carpenter's son, who does he think he is to tell us such and such".  If Billy Graham came saying the very same things, people would not be offended, they would take it in stride.  But God is always testing hearts by things like this, so I pray we will not be found on the wrong side of the truth, as enemies of it, rather than humbly receiving of it....even if it were to be spoken by a donkey or a mere nobody special.

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I feel sorry for you. But worse this board has gone downhill since you been posting. I dont mesn to insult you. But we learn more and were encourage by diffrent posters. But now we have you two guys who only say christians stop sinning we dont think your saved if you sin. Be more holy because we dont think your saved unless your more holy. You two are like the muslim sharia police that walk around making sure there follow sharia law perfect. I almost think you and 4LD are the same person. Maybe you are lol.

" But we learn more and were encourage by diffrent posters. "

Paul saying of men of his time, they were "ever  learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth......as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth".  When we get confronted with the truth, what are we going to do with it if fighting against the truth makes one an enemy of Christ?

14 hours ago, angels4u said:

The Bible speaks of encouraging each other with psalms or hyms so we rejoice in the Lord!

Yes that is very true........though it also speaks of exhorting one another.....as well as rebuke, reprove with all long suffering......and we can see on this thread for example why those who reprove have a lot to longsuffer.   Keeping  in mind too that different parts of the Body will each have their own emphasis.  Some are just tasked with getting us to pull up our socks.....and the vast majority of us do need to pull up our socks if we want to be ready for the Lord's return, otherwise we deceive ourselves, truly.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And say as you please .      OH on that note,   why you bugging what FOUR D says so much . 

You wont see me trying to get others to shut you down .     You say HE IS that ,  YET you accuse HIM of saying people aint saved .     Can you see the Hyprocrisy in this.

Yet four D aint accusing anyone of being false , he is just exhorting .   but you now , I don't think you can claim the same .

see,  I  could say something I discern about you.    But I would rather try and help . 

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Okay ,  I have to ask so maybe I can understand .     You say He accuses brethren.    do you think I DO .   be honest .  

Your own words show that you accuse brethren.