• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Butero said:

"But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?  Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?  Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?"  James 2:20-22

Where is your confusing sanctifcation with justification ?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Is it attack day about OSAS today instead of  Happy Resurrection day?

Wayne, I'm so sorry for all the Bible verses they throw at you, I agree with you brother that if we are truly saved by grace,  God is able to help us to run the race until the day comes that we meet Him!

He has given us the Holy Spirit and a new heart to help us with our daily struggles and if we sin, we have a heavenly father who will forgive us  our sins ,no sin is too big or little to forgive.

I'm so thankful that I'm saved by grace because on my own I would not be able to finish the race without struggling and therefore losing the race.

The gift of the Holy Spirit is an amazing gift and I don't think we often enough realize that there would be no conviction of sin if it's not through the Holy Spirit.

Why would I want to sin on purpose knowing where Jesus saved me from?

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.Ps.40:2

I will glory in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.ps.34:1

Grace, grace, wonderful grace :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Not by works of righteousmess which we have done,but according to his mercy he saved us ,by the washing of regeneration ,and renewing of the holy spirit: Titis 3: 5

Exactly.   It is important for people to remember that Abraham was justified by faith before God before decades before Isaac was born and at least 25 years before circumcision. 

So, when it says that Abraham was justified by works when he offered Isaac, that was not talking about being made right before God; that had already happened in the past.  It is Abraham's faith that was being tested, and his faith was justified by works.

The context of James 2 regarding faith is about works proving the authenticity of our testimony.   James 2 is not a treatise on salvation like we have in John 3 or Ephesians 2.  

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Is it attack day about OSAS today instead of  Happy Resurrection day?

Wayne, I'm so sorry for all the Bible verses they throw at you, I agree with you brother that if we are truly saved by grace,  God is able to help us to run the race until the day comes that we meet Him!

He has given us the Holy Spirit and a new heart to help us with our daily struggles and if we sin, we have a heavenly father who will forgive us  our sins ,no sin is too big or little to forgive.

I'm so thankful that I'm saved by grace because on my own I would not be able to finish the race without struggling and therefore losing the race.

The gift of the Holy Spirit is an amazing gift and I don't think we often enough realize that there would be no conviction of sin if it's not through the Holy Spirit.

Why would I want to sin on purpose knowing where Jesus saved me from?

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.Ps.40:2

I will glory in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.ps.34:1

Grace, grace, wonderful grace :)

Hi angel4u its not been clear on this board that we are saved not by works. And its because they confuse justification with sanctification. We are created for good works. And they come from christ in us the hope of glory. If we say we have to do good works to earn our salvation. Then its not from christ our hope. Its only from us. God gets all the glory and worship !

• This is Worthy 2

People it took a long time for me to understsand justification. I use to belong to the wordwide church of God. We believe works was part of justification. But inpossible. By his merits we are inputed the righteousness of christ.

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi angel4u its not been clear on this board that we are saved not by works. And its because they confuse justification with sanctification. We are created for good works. And they come from christ in us the hope of glory. If we say we have to do good works to earn our salvation. Then its not from christ our hope. Its only from us. God gets all the glory and worship !

Hello Wayne, people are allowed to have different opinions about this doctrine but they are not allowed to push their opinions on somebody who believes different, a discussion is one thing but attacking to be right is another thing .

For we're all saved by grace only and it is God who works the desire in us to please Him.

for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Phil.2:1

So there can't be any boasting ,if we don't want to do the good then wee're plainly not saved and are religious by name only.

For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Eph.2:10

…30It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”1 Cor 1:3031

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

Hello Wayne, people are allowed to have different opinions about this doctrine but they are not allowed to push their opinions on somebody who believes different, a discussion is one thing but attacking to be right is another thing .

For we're all saved by grace only and it is God who works the desire in us to please Him.

for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Phil.2:1

So there can't be any boasting ,if we don't want to do the good then wee're plainly not saved and are religious by name only.

For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Eph.2:10

…30It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.”1 Cor 1:3031

I am not against other opinions. But want to refute theres if there not according to the text.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

I am not against other opinions. But want to refute theres if there not according to the text.

I'm not disagreeing with you brother :)

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

NOPE .    its just if we have faith we simply do good works .    All based on one work,  To believe in the ONE whom GOD did send.

If you mean we are saved not of works and now obey because we beieve in jesus finish work and his lordship then your right. Thats good frienduff.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Why does Paul write we are saved by faith not of works least any man boast. 

What kind of works does he mean ?

Works of righteousness. Any good work cannot be the reason God saves us.

How does a man get his righteous standing before God. Answer: Inputed righteousness of christ.

How ? Through faith in the name of Jesus Christ the son of God.

Is the saved person left in bodage in his sins ?

No he is regenerated by the holy spirit into a new creation in christ Jesus. 

He cannot remain in sin because the seed of God remains in him. 

The seed of God is his new nature. Made alive by the holy spirit. 

The new man now wants to live by every word out of the mouth of God.

Can the new man sin ? Yes the old man is still in his flesh. 

How does he live by the new man ? By walking in the spirit. 

The new man desires the things of the spirit. The old man the disires of the flesh. 

The new man kills all the earthly things in the flesh. 

The man in christ does not allow the old man to live. Why ? Because we have died with christ and have been risen with him to newness of life.

Its not i who lives but its christ Jesus who lives in me.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to promote by using the name of Paul, and other names , because some of the things you have posted pronouncing judgement on those who believe are not from Paul, or Paul spoke to the contrary. (read your sratements carefully), 

So please if it is comfortable to you, to tell us with your own words :  

"why faith without works is not dead".