• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Works...they have been shown in Scripture where God is completely destroying all we have began in and worked in... 'ALL'
2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

If we take this reality and apply it to the rest of Scripture we see differently than the world sees:  (why Peter says what manner of persons ought ye to be)

First the fact:
Verse 11 is the central aspect Peter is trying to get across and it is The Holiness of God communicating His intent of eternity... why would a Holy Righteous God want to keep that which is next to the sin... it is not sin but it is next to the sin 
Jude 23 (KJV)
[23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
[24] Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
[25] To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Many may jump to conclusion this is a form of the error of thought that created matter is evil and only Spirit is good but clearly that is not what I have written thus far... but that a Holy Righteous God Who allows no place for the lie in what He has created had to create place and that being the eternal lake of fire... it was not of The original creation because of the sanctification of all that He had made... because satan had not rebelled yet and perversion of truth (lie) had not been born out of satan claiming himself to be god...
Genesis 2:3 (KJV)
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

and that through the fact that God's abilities are without end in the framework of His Own Persons we understand why the new heavens and new earth and His hatred of sin is so complete even the garment which is not sin yet is next to the sin is hated as well...
          This builds a really different aspect of the work we do of God~ wherein we do it not for this list
1 Corinthians 3:11 (KJV)
[11] For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
[12] Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
[13] Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

I know I know most all commentaries say the gold, silver, precious stones are lasting works...
1 Peter 1:7 (KJV)
[7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
[8] Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
[9] Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

but are they according to the leading of God's Word? Are they? 'All the works therein are burned up'... We see the support of this in how the new births of the begin of The Church in Jerusalem were selling all that they had and giving it to the needs of those around them... this activity fits exactly to the motivation of the truth of s/Spirit now born within them!  
The only value was in the souls around them not in the things one possessed...

Second fact built upon first:
The Lord warns us about the subtly of satan and must be!~ due to fact 1/3 of the angels and God's image (man) followed him instead of the One Who Created them... Throughout Scripture God speaks hatred and judgment against the whore Babylon... I believe this to be the system of the world and the tentacles that reach all facets of what appear to be necessary for life in the death... this system is seen in it's power of influence by our commentaries on 1Cor 3:11-15 all proclaiming lasting works of material that God 'IS' going to completely burn up ... I mean really 'you say that is all we have here to work with how do we keep reward?' Now the beautiful design of God can be revealed without the convolution of that which passes away to that which is kept forever:

Third fact the righteous witness of The Scriptures:
These verses of Scripture shall resonate now differently as one separates or rightly divides The Scriptures-
Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)
[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

notice the only necessary element in pleasing God 'IS' faith alone but what is the Biblical definition of faith
Chapter 11:1
[1] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

the pin point if my eyes behold it~ it is not of the faith! Rather if I cling to that which passes away then I have no evidence of faith... God makes this statement
1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)
[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
[10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
[11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Tying this all together... We understand by faith that where we are and what will be cannot be perceived by us now but we have the capacity to accept and even live as though is already was because it is foundational in The Scripture which builds this faith necessary to please God
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So the heart that is totally detached with the value system of the world and walks by faith also walks in t/The s/Spirit not in the flesh and we who do not place any value upon that which passes away with the things God 'IS' keeping -we literally are ready for transference into that which we do not know and will not look back to any value whatsoever to that which is left for the fire >when God has accomplished His Word within it<.... Our works are built upon God's Word of the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen and all that is of this darkness which Paul speaks of here 
1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV)
[12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

the perception of eternal things will not be fully perceived until there!

The danger of those who do not see will place a definition upon faith with things seen... they will combine the things of now with the things that they perceive to be with the manipulation of things around them expecting God's acceptance of.... but the things which passes away cannot be expected to be kept with the things that do not pass away   yet   here they are doing just that
Matthew 7:21 (KJV)
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

The will of God is that you walk according to His Word by Faith alone in His Son alone by His grace alone...
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This statement is formed in eternity:  faith alone in Christ alone by grace alone....  Love, Steven

Very well said, only if it could be said in fewer words!  Really though, there is a lot said in this post. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

24 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not quite sure what you are trying to promote by using the name of Paul, and other names , because some of the things you have posted pronouncing judgement on those who believe are not from Paul, or Paul spoke to the contrary. (read your sratements carefully), 

So please if it is comfortable to you, to tell us with your own words :  

"why faith without works is not dead". 

People use james name because they are using his writings. I use Pauls name because i go by his writings not my own ideasm

27 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not quite sure what you are trying to promote by using the name of Paul, and other names , because some of the things you have posted pronouncing judgement on those who believe are not from Paul, or Paul spoke to the contrary. (read your sratements carefully), 

So please if it is comfortable to you, to tell us with your own words :  

"why faith without works is not dead". 

Do you believe you can add works to the righteousness of christ ? Do you believe we are inputed his righteousness by faiyh ?

Paul never taught one is justified by works. He taught we are created to do good works.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

People use james name because they are using his writings. I use Pauls name because i go by his writings not my own ideasm

Why you are referring to Paul's name and not to his teachings. 

Paul did not teach if we are not devoted to good works it means that we do not believe, 

In essence you are saying that if a beleiver does not have good works that he is not save, or he has not realy believe. 

Or he does not have the eternal life, or that he is not under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

This is not Paul's teaching. 

Paul said that you cannot tell a believer in Jesus Christ by his good works. 

Paul said that Jesus Christ calls sinners to faith, that he saves sinners when they believe. Not when they have proven that they are worthy to carry the banner of a Jesus Christ. 

We have believers who are still in bondage to their old habits, and way of life. 

Jsmes wrote faith without works is dead. A faith that is dead is not real. Its only head knowledge. Our faith is one of a sinner looking to the lord for forgivness. Thats transforming. If we seek forgivings for sins we repent of. Of course works will bear fruit. If i am truly sorry i stole something then i would want to repay it back at the least. 

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Why you are referring to Paul's name and not to his teachings. 

Paul did not teach if we are not devoted to good works it means that we do not believe, 

In essence you are saying that if a beleiver does not have good works that he is not save, or he has not realy believe. 

Or he does not have the eternal life, or that he is not under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

This is not Paul's teaching. 

Paul said that you cannot tell a believer in Jesus Christ by his good works. 

Paul said that Jesus Christ calls sinners to faith, that he saves sinners when they believe. Not when they have proven that they are worthy to carry the banner of a Jesus Christ. 

We have believers who are still in bondage to their old habits, and way of life. 

I think you are mix up a little. I did refer to his teachings. Paul said we are created for good works.

Paul is a Apostle of jesus christ. Can we trust him ? Yes more then men. He was inspired by Gods spirit to write scripture. The new testament is all inspired. Paul made it clear that God was in christ,reconciling the world unto himself,not inputing their trespasses unto them;and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

And paul wrote and that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselfs but unto him which  died for them ,and rose again. 

Lets live for Jesus in all we do. For he died for each one of us. Do everything out of love for Jesus the highest one of all. Who was rich but became poor for our sakes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I think you are mix up a little. I did refer to his teachings. Paul said we are created for good works.

This is your stubling block, 

Paul is saying that do not include your good works in the redemption that is in Jesus Christ in our position under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

But you say the judging words: created for good works. 

Implying that if you do not exibit that "you" this quility to show as evidence to others, that "you" are not really saved. 

Paul said that Jesus saves everyone who believes in him, and is calling to a different direction those who are his own. 

Without judging their faith.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

1 minute ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is your stubling block, 

Blocks saying that do not include your good works in the redemption that is in Jesus Christ in our position under the blood of Jesus Christ. 

But you say the judging words: created for good works. 

Implying that if you do not exibit that "you" this quility to show as evidence to others, that "you" are not really saved. 

Paul said that Jesus saves everyone who believes in him, and is calling to a different direction those who are his own. 

Without judging their faith.

Our works do not add to the cross and finish work of christ. When we ask for forgivness its done if we ask in truth. But then we become born again. How do we know we know God by walking in love. Thats in 1 john.