IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Amen and amen! Thank you for your wisdom.

Gideon

Thanks you for your kind words. Oh that all Gods people would see this truth, and those that do see it, would see it in new and wonderful way. For this truth once seen, becomes our lives. It is always a “reckoning yourselfs dead” in every situation. And to come to know what this means by “experience.” Oh that this would be our hearts desire. 

On one of your posts you mentioned the name Andrew Murray. I am a great fan of his writing. The Lord used one of his books in a big way in my life. It was “freedom from a self-centered life” (dying to self). It was actually a book written by William Law back in the 17 century that Andrew updated and edited, did away with a lot of the “old English” that made it hard to understand. The book is out of print but you can still find them on eBay, but they can get pricey. So you have to look around. Just thought I mention my love for Andrew Murray’s writings. 

Much love in Christ, Not me. 

Edited by Not me

• Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

12 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Mat 16:25

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

So much wisdom in this scripture, thanks for bringing it forward. Blessing to you. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, Gideon said:

Sanctification means being fully set apart. So when we are encouraged by God's promise in His word that He will sanctify us wholly, body, soul and spirit, and that he will then preserve us blameless unto His coming, can we do anything but rejoice?

I cannot emphasize enough the need for yieldedness..... total surrender. It is not a word at all. It is a state of heart. Andrew Murray called it absolute surrender.

Rom 6:10-12

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Perhaps even that needs to be sealed.....Oswald Chambers wrote about sanctification itself needing to be sanctified.  Maybe we can think of it as the Lord coming and burning up the sacrifice...our old man/flesh/carnal nature.

1 hour ago, Goldie said:

How does one escape from sin? I have tried and tried. Temptation rears its ugly head andbi fail. Again and again!

Are you carrying your cross?  Denying yourself in order to follow Jesus?  Submitting to the chastisements that the Lord sends in your life?  Who has suffered in the body is done with sin.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, Not me said:

For consider,  if you were to die right this second “sin” would have no more power over you.

It is just a matter of faith. The person's heart must desire a clean heart, desire the Holy Spirit.

"Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God." - Matthew 5:8

It is a choice that must be done in faith from the heart, with no doubt.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
    For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;" - James 1:6-7

It is an acknowledgment that sin is a waste of time and living according to the flesh profits nothing indeed.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

It is a choice fully motivated by love, love for the light, love for the Holy Spirit.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love." - Galatians 5:6

When people are unsure or resist to submit to Christ and His righteousness they will remain slaves to flesh/sin and stuck in their self-righteousness.

It is a resistance triggered by pride and/or fear.

"So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless.
    Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness;
        there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 
            “For many are called, but few are chosen.”" - Matthew 22:12-14

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

I would suggest reading any of my posts. It is all I talk about. Eleven years ago, bound by sins big and small and hating my life, I had a divine visitation and what God told me changed everything. Since then, I have shared in great length as to what our problem is, and how to overcome it. All I can say is.... it works. The promises of God are real and for any who truly long to be freed from their old carnal nature. 

If after reading my posts, you have any questions, feel free to message me and I will do as much as I can to answer them and see you discover how to walk as an overcomer of the world, the flesh and the devil. 

May God bless you.

Gids

You mean posts in this thread?

Thank you

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Goldie said:

How does one escape from sin? I have tried and tried. Temptation rears its ugly head andbi fail. Again and again!

We have to see sin for what its end truly is .     Ever wonder WHY the early church was so DIRE and Grave against sin and error .

We have to understand what they knew .    Look at the letters all over again .  SEE how serious GOD is about error

stop heeding men who are not grave against error .    My advice , get a belly FULL of those letters and gospels for YOURSELF

you start praying and reading that bible more .     When you see their approach towards SIN , it will become Clearer and clearer

WHY that had such an approach towards sin .   AND it will lead you more and more to crying out to the only one WHO gives us the ability to walk AS HE sees PLEASING .

way too much gravy being taught , not near enough gravity.     And that IS the problem .   way too many make lite of sin , the early church NEVER DID .

you go read and feed on JESUS sayings , ON the apostels letters and the message to the seven churches .    just feast like a hog on a trough and IT WILL become

clear THAT PATTERN ALONE IS the only pattern that works ,    CAUSE JESUS SET IT .   IT WORKS .  learn that pattern and not what men have taught . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Rom 6:10-12

For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Perhaps even that needs to be sealed.....Oswald Chambers wrote about sanctification itself needing to be sanctified.  Maybe we can think of it as the Lord coming and burning up the sacrifice...our old man/flesh/carnal nature.

I love that. It reminded me of when Elijah challenged the King’s prophets to see whose god would win. After the. Prophets made much ado and began cutting themselves and pleading with their god to move and consume their sacrifice.... nothing. Then it was Elijah’s turn. He ordered his sacrifice to be doused in hundreds of gallons of water... then he prayed. God consumed the sacrifice, the alter, the water..... and the false prophets.

All of us who know the Lord have escaped Egypt. We ARE God’s people, but like the Israelites, we too have wandered for years in the wilderness of religion and unbelief. Our promised land awaits. Yes, there will be battles in our good fight of faith but God has already given us the land.... brand new natures. Who enters the rest? He that has ceased from his own labors to try to be holy and victorious over sin. And it is when we come to God hungry for holy natures but with NO strength, it is then we begin to mount up with wings as eagles. 

But why is it a struggle to see it? Why are we told to struggle to enter into that rest? On the surface, it makes no sense. Why? Because all our self-confidence and self-effort must die. Sin must become exceedingly sinful to us. And as we try with all we have to overcome our flesh, and we fail.... miserably... we eventually see our old nature cannot be ‘improved’. We do not become less and less fleshly and more and  more spiritual. It is simply impossible. 

Just as Israel left the wilderness forever as they crossed Jordan, we too can leave forever the wilderness of  our old nature. How? By believing we are dead and then in faith, yielding ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead!

We have all walked for long enough in unbelief as to the fullness of the deliverance Christ bought for us with His blood. He died to set us free indeed, free from committing sins. We do not see how it is possible, but take heart, that is not on our shoulders! It is on HIS! He is the one who promised to keep us from falling, amen? He is the one who delivers us from the power of darkness. He is the one who will not only make a way of escape when we are tempted, but actually cause us to take it! Glory to God, we are awakening to who we are! New creatures! And we will never go back to our old natures again.

When we offer up ourselves to God just as the prodigal did when he returned from his folly, and tell God we are not worthy to be called sons or daughters, and to just let us serve Him, praise God, we discover what absolute surrender entails. Even those things we think are our strengths, every bit of ‘goodness’ we possess. And bless the Lord, it is then that  we discover the path to our full enjoyment of being children of God and joint heirs with Christ.

A new day is dawning. The church, God’s slumbering giant, is awakening. Blessings and thank you for your encouraging words.

Gids

• This is Worthy 1

34 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I love that. It reminded me of when Elijah challenged the King’s prophets to see whose god would win. After the. Prophets made much ado and began cutting themselves and pleading with their god to move and consume their sacrifice.... nothing. Then it was Elijah’s turn. He ordered his sacrifice to be doused in hundreds of gallons of water... then he prayed. God consumed the sacrifice, the alter, the water..... and the false prophets.

All of us who know the Lord have escaped Egypt. We ARE God’s people, but like the Israelites, we too have wandered for years in the wilderness of religion and unbelief. Our promised land awaits. Yes, there will be battles in our good fight of faith but God has already given us the land.... brand new natures. Who enters the rest? He that has ceased from his own labors to try to be holy and victorious over sin. And it is when we come to God hungry for holy natures but with NO strength, it is then we begin to mount up with wings as eagles. 

But why is it a struggle to see it? Why are we told to struggle to enter into that rest? On the surface, it makes no sense. Why? Because all our self-confidence and self-effort must die. Sin must become exceedingly sinful to us. And as we try with all we have to overcome our flesh, and we fail.... miserably... we eventually see our old nature cannot be ‘improved’. We do not become less and less fleshly and more and  more spiritual. It is simply impossible. 

Just as Israel left the wilderness forever as they crossed Jordan, we too can leave forever the wilderness of  our old nature. How? By believing we are dead and then in faith, yielding ourselves to God as those who are alive from the dead!

We have all walked for long enough in unbelief as to the fullness of the deliverance Christ bought for us with His blood. He died to set us free indeed, free from committing sins. We do not see how it is possible, but take heart, that is not on our shoulders! It is on HIS! He is the one who promised to keep us from falling, amen? He is the one who delivers us from the power of darkness. He is the one who will not only make a way of escape when we are tempted, but actually cause us to take it! Glory to God, we are awakening to who we are! New creatures! And we will never go back to our old natures again.

When we offer up ourselves to God just as the prodigal did when he returned from his folly, and tell God we are not worthy to be called sons or daughters, and to just let us serve Him, praise God, we discover what absolute surrender entails. Even those things we think are our strengths, every bit of ‘goodness’ we possess. And bless the Lord, it is then that  we discover the path to our full enjoyment of being children of God and joint heirs with Christ.

A new day is dawning. The church, God’s slumbering giant, is awakening. Blessings and thank you for your encouraging words.

Gids

Amen and amen, I rejoice to hear these things, think we're reading the same bible........as though we need Him to prove to our "self" that it's a dead end.....we just can't really quite believe it otherwise, until we get there.

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

8 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen and amen, I rejoice to hear these things, think we're reading the same bible........as though we need Him to prove to our "self" that it's a dead end.....we just can't really quite believe it otherwise, until we get there.

The hard part is coming to the conclusion that despite our best efforts, we cannot love God with all of our hearts. Nor can we love others as we love ourselves. CANNOT. Human pride and self confidence dies hard. It simply goes against the grain of our old nature. 

So it is when we are at our lowest, feeling like failures that we are finally ready to do the one thing God asks of us. ONLY BELIEVE. And when we do, to our amazement, Christ in us begins to do.... and easily.... what we could not do. 

When we finally learn that they that are in the flesh CANNOT please God, we are finally ready to understand the full and glorious meaning of “Nothing profits but a new creature.” Amen.

Thnk you so much for your uplifting words. 

Gids

• Thumbs Up 1