IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I want to thank all for taking the time to participate in this thread today. I had no idea that this particular thread would generate such a firestorm of activity but God was glorified in it. I pray all understand my intent is simply to point to Jesus not just as the one who forgives us when we mess us, but the one who has promised to actually keep us from falling. 

It has certainly been an interesting day. I am pooped. If somehow I overlooked responding to your particular post, simply point it out to me again and I will try to answer it the best I can. I love you all. 

Blessings and good night,

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Gideon said:

And you think we are in disagreement? LOL. I could have written that! :)

Be blessed, dear brother, I suspect we are going to end up as friends when all is said and done. 

Gideon

Try and remember what I told you and finally alive yesterday .   remember I said you need to be grave as well, consider this for edification purposes.

You keep saying of a coming time ,     instead you need to just be exhorting NOW .   now .   their is no end time enlightenment

sure the believers will be more and more refined , but at the same time a massive falling away will be increasing too.

What this will cause is TWO sides  .   all religions and the world united in an all inclusive love hug fest and they will hate more and more

the true church that is exposing their evil deeds by living IN the power of Christ . 

You need to see that you have misunderstood the falling away .  it means what It says falling away not falling towards Christ .  

Their are a few other things , questions I am going to ask you in a pm.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

37 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THE perfection IS IN HIS SPIRIT .  we obey that ,  we walk as we should .    HE does not leave us comfortless , powerless to sin.

Its the approach that is off.    if we conclude we cant ever stop  , then guess what we wont .  But if we KNOW we really DO have a faithful high priest

that is able to succor us through every temptation ,  then we gonna CRY unto that one and HE is going to hear .    I get what Gideon is saying on that .

Look at your last words ,  IF you think you will never sin you don't agree.  and compare that to paul , who said LET HE WHO NAMES the name of Christ depart from inquity

or let none of these things even ONCE be named among you as becometh saints.   its the approach that is killing the church today .  

I already know people have erred,   but why look backwards and why have the attitude I wont ever stop .  INSTEAD have this attitude .   I am going to heed his grace

HE will give my all the aide I need in any trial any temptation .    That is our attitude .   and if one does err, we correct the error fast too.  

Do you really read my posts. I think you speed through it and have really quike answers. I said there is no perfection in this life until we get our glorified body. I did not say we cannot walk in righteousness. You and Gideon are over looking what i am saying. You can still sin. Thats why john said if anyone sins we have a advocate with the father. But we can overcome sin and walk in the spirit. Thats all if that is not in scripture let me know. 

And i know i follow christ dont twist what i write. I do follow righteousness and put sin out of my life. Just because i said we will sin at times does not mean i sin at the drop of a hat. Not at all. I obey the commandments. And iys by grace. People think just because we know there can be sin does not mean we are lawless. Not at all. Perfect christians there are none.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/4/2018 at 7:20 PM, Neighbor said:

"3) Oh, this one is important. Sin is NOT having bad thoughts. It is letting them become a part of us, believing they came form our own hearts, accepting them as ours instead of sown there by the enemy to see if we will bite. "

That is an interesting declaration, one having to be made evidently to counter the very clear declaration of Jesus that states otherwise, though I don't see how anyone can stand on that declaration in the face of Jesus making clear that thought is sin as surely as is  an physical act. There being no difference in the motivating heart.

I believe it is Matthew 5:28 you are referring too & Jesus says you have sinned (in your heart). Though He doesn't say it is a sin, but in your heart, is there a reason for Him not saying you have sinned?

I would first like to ask what is the definition for temptation?         

Jesus  was tempted at every point as we are tempted.  If Jesus sinned He is not our saviour 

Is there a point that when we feed the lust of the mind? 

I just wanted to through that out there & get some responses as I believe Temptation is very relevant in clarifying what is sin 

God Bless brother

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Try and remember what I told you and finally alive yesterday .   remember I said you need to be grave as well, consider this for edification purposes.

You keep saying of a coming time ,     instead you need to just be exhorting NOW .   now .   their is no end time enlightenment

sure the believers will be more and more refined , but at the same time a massive falling away will be increasing too.

What this will cause is TWO sides  .   all religions and the world united in an all inclusive love hug fest and they will hate more and more

the true church that is exposing their evil deeds by living IN the power of Christ . 

You need to see that you have misunderstood the falling away .  it means what It says falling away not falling towards Christ .  

Their are a few other things , questions I am going to ask you in a pm.  

Brother, if you have read all my postings, perhaps you do not think so but I see grave in my words,  trust me. But the time for hell-fire fearfulness is not yet. First, all must clearly see what God is offering that can change them into saints and warriors. 

I cannot make you see what God has shown me. And yes, there is a coming separation of light and darknness. But the division will not be all Christians on one side and all religions be on the other. The judgment of God will start with US! Most believers and here I am not talking tares, but actual wheat, are still walking in their old natures. Thus, they still battle sins big (generally hidden) and small. They are often lukewarm, worldly, and with little if any fruit. They have been healed, but only slightly. They talk about having peace, but the truth as, as of yet, they have none. All that is about to change. 

You say you know there will be no end time awakening. I say different. Why. Because we as His bride are still dressed in our filthy rags, and in no way ready to meet our future husband. The problem is, we cannot see it. We are about to and tears will fill our eyes. But praise God, He will wipe them away, show us our wedding garments and we WILL put them on. And what are they? Our new natures. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Blessings to you,

Gids

You say believers will be more and more refined. Do you not see, the refining process is what the enlightenment will begin. Even the elect today are living with one foot and three toes living in the world. It occupies most of our thoughts, and we do not walk with an eternal perspective. All that is about to change. 

Yes, seriousness is needed, but it is the goodness of God that will bring his children who have strayed back into the fold, not the threat of hell. Most believers, truly elect saints, are asleep. They believe Jesu died for their sins, and He did. But as of yet, they have never seen that as the master potter, He wants to change them into the image of the Son and make them fruitful. Why? To bring glory to God and to draw all who love the light to Him in the final harvest.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,584
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Riccardo said:

I believe it is Matthew 5:28 you are referring too & Jesus says you have sinned (in your heart). Though He doesn't say it is a sin, but in your heart, is there a reason for Him not saying you have sinned?

I would first like to ask what is the definition for temptation?         

Jesus  was tempted at every point as we are tempted.  If Jesus sinned He is not our saviour 

Is there a point that when we feed the lust of the mind? 

I just wanted to through that out there & get some responses as I believe Temptation is very relevant in clarifying what is sin 

God Bless brother

Hi, My own understanding is in part based upon Matthew 5:20-22, but 17-48 encompasses the immediate context.

As to temptation, I will live in the appreciation that no temptation comes to me that I cannot overcome, and not because of myself but because God is merciful and does not allow it to be so great that I cannot.

So if I do not overcome* then I am in sin, I cannot deflect my responsibility. I cannot blame the origin of the sin. I cannot claim it is not mine. I must own it, and praise God for His sacrifice made for me that allows this weak  and plain vessel to be placed among the finer china and not cast down and broken by the potter.

Just as I will pray I  do not become so rich that I have no need of God,  and I also will pray that I do not become so poor that I will hate God for it, I will  too be content  that I am not perfect as to not need God nor so sin filled that I cannot be cleansed by the shed Blood of Jesus that is already upon my my attire so that I may be seen by God the Father who cannot abide my sin.

*It is by Christ alone that I am to be found acceptable!  It is by Him alone that I overcome the penalty due me.

If not by Christ then I have no hope before God. Yet my hope is certain, for by the call of the Holy Spirit I have been turned about from my sin against God to my repentance and my recognition of Jesus as my Lord God and personal savior from my just punishment which is eternal death.

Temptation is a simple enough word that I do not need define it. What I cannot do is parse it, make loopholes within it. The good thing is I have no need to try to turn it, nor redefine it, nor make loopholes in it's meaning, for I have Jesus. For me it is as simple as that.  I have Jesus or really He has me, He is the good shepherd who loses not a one of His flock Given Him by His Father.

Mathew 5:20-22 esv For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’  But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. 

Mat. 5:28 ESV "But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

I will suggest that the entirety of 1 Corintians 10 also provides the precepts from whichto build a foundation regarding sin. Special emphasis on the application of  verse 1013

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Do you really read my posts. I think you speed through it and have really quike answers. I said there is no perfection in this life until we get our glorified body. I did not say we cannot walk in righteousness. You and Gideon are over looking what i am saying. You can still sin. Thats why john said if anyone sins we have a advocate with the father. But we can overcome sin and walk in the spirit. Thats all if that is not in scripture let me know. 

Oh, but we are called to be perfect as He is perfect.  Maybe you're too young to remember how believers of older times used to sing and talk about having this little thing called "victory".....sort of an old fashioned word to us now.  We need to stop excusing ourselves and seek to be what His word says we can be.

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Oh, but we are called to be perfect as He is perfect.  Maybe you're too young to remember how believers of older times used to sing and talk about having this little thing called "victory".....sort of an old fashioned word to us now.  We need to stop excusing ourselves and seek to be what His word says we can be.

Your selling a false gospel. Paul even said i have not atain yet. But he press on. He did not mean perfect he meant mature in christ. Too many are selling a false idea we become perfect now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Your selling a false gospel. Paul even said i have not atain yet. But he press on. He did not mean perfect he meant mature in christ. Too many are selling a false idea we become perfect now. 

7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Brother, I humbly ask that if you disagree, you may start your own post to express your views on the matter. God has called us to peace, and to treat each other politely, regardless as to whether we fully agree or not. 

Do you think overcoming sin is perfection? And do you think ai am talking about attaining such in this Life? You are wrong and have misunderstood me greatly. Overcoming sin is simply wiping the slate of who we are clean, centering ourselves on the potters wheel totally yielded to Hos skilled hands, and letting Him have His way with us, making us vessels fit for His use.  

Have ai ever said anything about having attained perfection? Would you please show me where, and if I have worded something that would lead any to believe that, I will quickly apologize and re-Word my statement to make sure all understand me correctly. 

Brother, I want nothing but good for all who love the Lord. We must be careful to not judge things too quickly. Oftentimes, it is our own response to things we do not line up with that revealsxareas invour own lives that God wants to change.

Many blessings, dear brother.

Gideon