Out of body experience

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My kids dad was just killed in front of me in August.. 5 months later I started drinking bad.. now I'm trying a out of body experience to see him and if is ok.. will God hate me.. I love the Lord with all my heart.. I just need a confirmation

Edited by Carm
Spell wrong

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

9 hours ago, Carm said:

My kids dad was just killed in front of me in August.. 5 months later I started drinking bad.. now I'm trying a out of body experience to see him and if is ok.. will God hate me.. I love the Lord with all my heart.. I just need a confirmation

Wow... 

No, Carm. I cannot recommend "attempting" any out of body experiences. This is an occult practice when you attempt to manufacture it. Occasionally the saints of God experience what might be referred to as OBEs (2 Corinthians 12:3), but for servants of the Lord Jesus Christ this only happens as God allows it to, not as an attempt to "try it out." 

Please don't dabble in the occult, Carm. Any association with demons will only lead from bad to worse. They want your eternal soul, and will stop at nothing to deceive you. Just give the pain in your heart and the images you saw to the Lord, and ask Him to cleanse it from your mind. He will heal you from the pain and help you move on in life if you ask Him to. Eventually you'll begin to see how dangerous this proposal was that you were considering.

God bless,

Hidden 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Carm said:

This was plainly devastating for you and I cannot imagine what it was like.  Ultimately though, heavy drinking and trying occult practices are not going to remove the pain and bring any resolution or healing.  In the long run, they are going to add more problems to both your life and your kids. 

My grandmother lost two husbands (the first in a gruesome farm accident in front of much of the family) and an adult son (military plane crash) during her life.  That was long before I was born.  My memories of her are that she was one of the most peaceful and contented people I ever knew.   It wasn't until later as an adult that I started to understand the depth of the tragedies she had experienced in her life.  I don't know how it was that she made it through these things and emerged as she did.  I just know from her that it is possible to do so.  I also know those things affected my dad was well.  About every decade or so, my mom and dad drive out to see the farm field where his brother's plane crashed.  You also never know when something will trigger it all over again (such as when my dad saw the plane crash in the movie Top Gun).  

I think it would be good for you to talk to an experienced pastor or a good Christian counselor who is experienced at helping people with grief.  Such losses are something that will never go away.   Many people need help and support to be able to handle this type of burden and pain.   While many will not understand what you are feeling and going through, there are many people out there who have gone through something similar and could be a support to you.  Some churches have ministries focused on those dealing with grief.  Most pastors should know of people who are experienced grief counselors.  While your pain and loss are unique, there are others who've been through similar things who might be able to give you some support so you do not need to do this alone.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When we say we love The Lord
John 14:21
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
KJV

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Hi Carm, welcome to Worthy. Sad to hear of the fate of your kids dad.

I hate to tell you but that (seeking an OBE) is the same as going to a clairvoyant, God detests such and would rather you to trust Him, the One you love. 

There are many here that can help you through this trial.

Like my brother said God says not to do this... and you have witnessed to us you Love God :) welcome building upon Bible 245 smal.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

13 hours ago, Carm said:

How about this? Pray, "Lord Jesus, I need some confirmation here, some sign, however, I know you do things in your timing and your way to help me understand you, love you and know you better. I wait upon you, knowing you will respond. Your will be done. Amen."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

God bless you in your time of grief, Carm!

Lean on God, not the occult, for strength! You will only serve to drive a wedge between you and Him by dabbling with the darkness like that.

Are you attending a strong local church where you can lean on the strength of fellow believers?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/22/1988

On 4/4/2018 at 3:21 AM, Carm said:

Carm, I feel like some of the other posts cover the topic of an outer body experience pretty well and I am in agreement that  it's not a good idea. 

However, I wanted to tell you that:

I am praying for you for clarity and a release on any addictions - alcohol or otherwise.  God loves you.  His grace is infinite.  

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

Your children need YOU. Dont wander away from God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 4/3/2018 at 10:21 PM, Carm said:

God wont hate you but what you are engaging in is not of God. Practicing out of body experiences on your own (apart from God who is normally in control of such things when HE wills you experience one) is a Satanist occult practice. And if you see anything it wont be your kids dad it will be a demon masquerading as your kids dad.