• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Melissa7 said:

This was difficult for me to read. While I'm against the RCC and everything it teaches, at the same time, how could anyone with a heart tell a grieving little boy that his dad is in Hell? It's so sad. Do we lie to children so as to save their tender feelings? If the child was older, I wouldn't have as much of a problem in telling the truth; even though by doing that, one could turn the boy against God.

In any case, if this young man was baptized into the RCC, then he's going to be taught falsely for his entire life.

How would anyone here answer the boy's question? I'm just curious.

I would have said "The bible says that only those who believe in Jesus go to heaven. We dont know what he believed in the last moments of his life, but the Lord knows. We can trust the Lord to do what is right." Which is truth. The Lord alone knows who is His and who isnt. The Lord knows the heart of any one of us, what we believe regarding His Son. It is possible, without knowing the circumstances of his death, that he turned to Christ before he died. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Melissa7 said:

This was difficult for me to read. While I'm against the RCC and everything it teaches, at the same time, how could anyone with a heart tell a grieving little boy that his dad is in Hell? It's so sad. Do we lie to children so as to save their tender feelings? If the child was older, I wouldn't have as much of a problem in telling the truth; even though by doing that, one could turn the boy against God.

In any case, if this young man was baptized into the RCC, then he's going to be taught falsely for his entire life.

How would anyone here answer the boy's question? I'm just curious.

I would have told him the truth....that none can say for sure who is in Heaven except God Himself. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

I liked the Popes comments, if true.

God can decide anything. Who are we to question God?

God bless our Pope.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

You cannot tell the boy his fathers in hell people. He could suffer too much. I dont know but the pope had mercy. 

1 minute ago, Butero said:

You just approved with a thumbs up a post that said, "God bless our Pope."  Seriously?  Is he your Pope now because he lied to a child about the fate of his Father that was an atheist?  I must say that I am in shock!  :o

I agree with the pope. The boy should not think his father is in hell in torment. Really ?Shock lol. I am not Catholic so he is not my pope thank you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

This reminds me of the part about courage in The Screwtape Letters. Courage is the true form of every virtue. A virtue (or belief) that collapses to spare someone’s feelings is no use in the end. Either we believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, or we don’t. It isn’t conditional based on who we’re talking to. 

I will have mercy. God said that. The pope had mercy on that boy right or wrong. Mercy is good. Now when he is older he will find out.

Just now, Butero said:

You came into agreement with someone that said "God bless our Pope."  He is not my Pope, so even if I had agreed with the other things he said, I couldn't have approved of that comment and come into solidarity with it. 

So you are telling me that you approve of lying about something as serious about how to be saved?  It is one thing to suggest there is always hope of a death bed confession, but to say an atheist is in heaven is unconscionable to me.  

You want s little boy to suffer like that. Shame on you. Shame for not caring. He could even become ill ftom worry about his Dad.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

I will have mercy. God said that. The pope had mercy on that boy right or wrong. Mercy is good. Now when he is older he will find out.

Please show me in the Bible where it’s okay to lie about bad news. Show me one example of God calling that mercy.

The Pope could have easily said he hoped for a deathbed miracle, or even just said it’s in God’s hands now. He didn’t do that. He said the man is in heaven. That is not being nice. It’s lying. 

Guest Butero
Just now, Wayne222 said:

You want s little boy to suffer like that. Shame on you. Shame for not caring. He could even become ill ftom worry about his Dad.

Shame on anyone that would come into unity with the Pope and say he was right to lie to a child.  Liars will have their part in the lake of fire.  On top of that, this is a denial of Jesus being the only way to heaven.  There is no way I will ever agree with you on this, and you can throw your shame on me nonsense around all you want, and it will get you nowhere.  Pope Francis is not my Pope, I don't believe it is ok to lie, and I don't believe in telling children a person can make it to heaven if they are an atheist.  Peddle that somewhere else, because you will get nowhere with me.