• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

Have I commited a sin by asking.

If so show us all.... which.

Im not feeling much love here. Maybe I should leave it here and go and ask the Prostitutes and Tax collectors at the gates of the forum.

I will pray for you.

Please don't resort to snarky comments at the first sign of a misunderstanding. Within the church there's a well-worn argument for/against KJV, and LadyKay must have thought you were "going there" like so many others do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know where we are in this thread. But any whoo.  When I first join and I think it was maybe about 4 years ago, I thought the "General Forum" was for people wanting to talk about concerns they have about a faith based subject or understanding of a Bible verse. Stuff like that. To get fellow Christians input on life issues and  stuff. Like  say,  talking about this Sunday's church service why it was great or maybe not so great.  You know stuff like that. To get Christian feed back about stuff.  But it seems to have become a place where people just tell everyone else what to believe. Just posting long post about "the end is near" or  just out right preaching to people telling them what they should be doing.  Mostly I just skip over those kind of  post.  I have a pastor and a church that I attend. I am not sure what I am getting at here but I guess I like to see less "preaching" post and more "open to discussion" post.  Well that's what I think. Carry on. 

On the other hand sister, we have to remember that churches that aren't growing are dead.  They need to guard against turning into social clubs where people just talk a lot about little.  Unfortunately that's what many churches have already turned into, they are just places to socialize and be entertained and enjoy themselves, rather than boot camps of growing and stretching and exercising of faith and discernment.

• Praise God! 1

Guest Butero
27 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yep! Here we go. Again.......:th_frusty:

If you would stop kicking against the pricks, and beating your head on the wall, and use a real KJV Bible instead of a counterfeit, your foot and head would feel better, and you would learn the real truth about what saith the Lord.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

False doctrine is the hallmark of false teachers... God says 'this' plainly and false teachers lead away from! We have the satisfaction of the seal of God's truth:

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.
KJV

This should insert peace within out hearts even though we are surrounded by these false teachers :thumbsup: Be the sheep and hear His voice...
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

Have I commited a sin by asking.

If so show us all.... which.

Im not feeling much love here. Maybe I should leave it here and go and ask the Prostitutes and Tax collectors at the gates of the forum.

I will pray for you.

Hello Dan. I have noticed you are ready to take offense quickly, and show it.  "Maybe I should leave it here and go and ask the Prostitutes and Tax collectors at the gates of the forum." Not a mature (in Christ) response. You seem to want to have a "higher" learning of scripture. You might stick to the basics, and get them down first, like respect and courtesy, and quick to listen and slow to speak.  Most here are trying to learn, and grow in the word, and struggling like you. Try showing what you have learned in scripture in how you respond. As a peaceful brother, setting a Godly example.  May God bless you, with His best.

• This is Worthy 1

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

The New American study is quite good along with the 1611 and earlier KJV.

The reason I like this is that modern scholars will include in their footnotes differing translations and often enlarge on the difference in their notes. These are honest scholars that have no particular axes to grind. I find it refreshing when a translator also includes other sources, like Aramaic, that often have humorous connotations. If you can see that the translators are in search of the Truth rather than some denominational bias, then it makes for a more beneficial overall understanding.

I have one of those 1611 Edition KJV Bibles.  I use that and the Authorized KJV Bible.  I don't mind the old English spelling, but is more difficult to read so I post scripture from the Authorized KJV Bible.  The words are the same, just spelled different.  

The Good News Bible is a paraphrase, where someone sat down with the Bible and re-wrote it to say what they believe it means in modern English.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

20 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Hello Dan. I have noticed you are ready to take offense quickly, and show it.  "Maybe I should leave it here and go and ask the Prostitutes and Tax collectors at the gates of the forum." Not a mature (in Christ) response. You seem to want to have a "higher" learning of scripture. You might stick to the basics, and get them down first, like respect and courtesy, and quick to listen and slow to speak.  Most here are trying to learn, and grow in the word, and struggling like you. Try showing what you have learned in scripture in how you respond. As a peaceful brother, setting a Godly example.  May God bless you, with His best.

See how you needed to belittle me to make your point.

When someone gets belittled (which I did from someone in this thread) you can and should defend your word.

Using an Ad-hominem attack is a preferred choice for someone who to win the "higher" ground as you say, seeks to take the major premise onto a minor premise and thus uses that to defeat that person. The major premise was being belittled the minor premise was you defending it by drawing into question my reply to that comment. See how easy that was!

Again I ask 

Have I commited a sin?

Am I a liar?

Asking on a Christian forum regarding the KJV?  In reply to a belittling comment that doesnt provide a simple anser to the question.

No answer from you either, brother.

I have been moderated for less myself.

You can have the last word. From now on I pm and read threads only. As you have now said I have nothing of value to bring to any discussion.

Fair?

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

@Dan_79why don't you log off and go get some fresh air? Clearly you're upset.

Edited by pg4Him
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

See how you needed to belittle me to make your point.

When someone gets belittled (which I did from someone in this thread) you can and should defend your word.

Using an Ad-hominem attack is a preferred choice for someone who to win the "higher" ground as you say, seeks to take the major premise onto a minor premise and thus uses that to defeat that person.

Again I ask 

Have I commited a sin?

Asking on a Christian forum regarding the KJV?  In reply to a belittling comment that doesnt provide a simple anser to the question.

No answer from you either, brother.

I have been moderated for less myself.

You can have the last word. From now on I pm and read threads only. As you have now said I have nothing of value to bring to any discussion.

Fair?

We have people here that have been here more than a decade that say things far worse than anything you said.  It was a legitimate question you asked.  

Guest Butero
35 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Please don't resort to snarky comments at the first sign of a misunderstanding. Within the church there's a well-worn argument for/against KJV, and LadyKay must have thought you were "going there" like so many others do.

She really should have jumped on me, not Dan_79.  I brought the KJV issue into this.  He just asked me why I am KJV only and I told him.  

@Dan_79, you have to know the background to understand LadyKay's reaction.  It wasn't personal towards you.