Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Is it actually possible? Can we as the church actually be blinded to a huge part of our new covenant? Indeed we can.... and we have!  Satan has had us, His church, blinded to the second half of the gospel, that He will not only forgive us, but will also take full responsibility to change us into His likeness if we but admit we truly do need the new nature He has for each one of us, natures necessary for us to walk totally pleasing to Him. 

Listen. We must understand this. Those that are in the flesh cannot please Him. He loves us, but we cannot please Him and that is a hard pill to swallow. They may truly want to, just as Paul found in Romans 7... “to will is present with me, but how to perform it, I find not.” And neither can we, even by trying our hardest to walk as He walked. There is one way to escape Romans 7 and truly walk in the power of the resurrected life of Romans 8. We must agree to let our old nature, the one that has brought misery and heartache to us all the days of our lives, die. 

But how can we do that? How do we die to self? Praise  God, He has made a way where there is no way! He took us down with Him in death, so that His death was also ours. Glory to God! He bought for us brand new natures that are pure through and through.

When we finally awake to the futility of ever trying to change ourselves, realizing that the flesh cannot.... will not... crucify the flesh, and we ‘put off’ our old corrupt natures by faith, hating even the garment stained by sin and our failing, fleshly efforts, we are finally ready to be clothed anew and truly come to understand the depth of the term “born from above”. Born again is was never meant to be a religious catch phrase.  God means it in the truest sense of the word, and when we finally see it, it is flat out mind blowing. 

When we finally humble ourselves, believing that God can and will do in us, through these new natures, what we could never do, walk in true obedience to Him. and simply step out in faith, believing that the old us has been dead ever since the day we were first saved, we can finally understand that all these years we see we have been, as Paul said, beating the air, trying to fight something that no longer exists. 

Guys, I can get no more serious. We... you... me... all saints everywhere that now walk the earth, are the blessed generation that is destined to awaken to what has been hidden from our eyes for over 1900 years. This is what powered the early church to take the world by storm. This is what caused them to walk as one, one with the Lord, one with one another. It is not ‘new age”, it is not cultish, it is not to be feared. 

What needs to be feared is us walking even one day further in a carnal nature that God has already delivered us from. Do not fear that your faith is too weak, or what He is asking you to believe is too improbable, too impossible, to good to be true. Your faith is just enough. Your weakness is your strength.

Can the gospel really be this good?  Of course! This is the God we serve. This is our destiny, and it is for every single person who loves the Lord, who wants to see light win the battle their  heart, so that God can reign supreme.. 

We have been fighting the black dog we have believed inescapable long enough. Do we get it? The black dog is dead. It is up to us to believe it. That and that alone is our part. Believe Him! Once we do that, I promise you, God will make sure we will not fail..... ever. Once He plants our feet on the highway of holiness, know this. There is no evil beast found on that highway. The weak there are strong. “And a man, though he be a fool, shall not err therein.” 

Yes, you can put this off for another day. But I pray the Holy Spirit gives you no rest until you listen to His still small voice and it grows to a deafening roar that you can no longer ignore. God is about to make us true overcomers, totally and completely victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil.

This is our birthright. It is our high calling. If we run away, He will follow us, unrelentingly, because love does that. He will not give up until we say “Yes, Lord”, I believe”.  And when we finally do, prepare to be amazed. God is about to awaken us to the truth of who we are, who we always have been, and we, His church, is about to blow Satan out of the water. About time. :)

Blessings to you, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

“reckon yourself dead indeed unto sin but alive onto God” 

Could living a victorious Christian life really be so easy as just believing and acting on this???

much love in Christ, Not me 

17 minutes ago, Not me said:

“reckon yourself dead indeed unto sin but alive onto God” 

Could living a victorious Christian life really be so easy as just believing and acting on this???

much love in Christ, Not me 

This past eleven... approaching twelve years now..... has been an amazing walk. But it all started with that one thing I had missed. I had the verse memorized, but never realized that it was telling me something I was supposed to DO. And when I did it, everything changed.

There has been so many lessons to learn subsequent to my coming into agreement with God that the old me is teuly dead, but that truth as to who we are inside never changes, or diminishes in importance.  It is our shield of faith when satan attacks. It is a comfort when life throws curveballs when we are expecting the ball to come straight down the pipe. That faith is what allows us to experiemce Christ dwelling IN us, rather than  just with us. 

It is not the end, the goal of our Christian  walk. We have thought dying to self is what we are shooting for but a target we can never hit. The truth,  however, is that it is the doorway to being eternally minded, knowing Jesus is rhere inside us all day, every day, keeping us from falling. Awakwning to rhe truth that sin’s power over us is beoken a wonderful thing, but growing up into Him in all things is the real meat of our walk with Him, and it is amazing. 

Gids

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

What did paul and peter both say concerning the cross of Our Lord .    Many know he paid the price .    IS their also more to this .

well,  lets first hear what peter said .    Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,  That we being DEAD to sins , SHOULD LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Peter said that .   but what did paul say .

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we  shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection ,

KNOWING THIS , that our OLD man is crucified with HIM , that the body OF sin might be destroyed ,that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Know ye not , that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey , his servants you are to whom you obey .

whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness.  But God be thanked , that ye were the servants of sin , but you have

obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you .  BEING THEN MADE FREE FROM SIN, you became the servants of righteousness.

Someone knew what JESUS meant when he had said ,   To those who believed on him,   IF you continue in me ,  you are my desciples indeed and the TRUTH shall set you free.

Just a few nuggets to feast on . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The gospel is the proclamation of Jesus victory over death. The sting of death is sin. We are delivered from our sins through Jesus death on the cross. The righteousness of christ is inputed to us through faith in christ. We are fully right in the sight of God through Jesus.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I must have missed something if this is the Gospel...

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1Co 15:1-4)

What is the 2nd half of the Gospel??

Frienduff quoted it nicely right after you...

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I must have missed something if this is the Gospel...

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1Co 15:1-4)

What is the 2nd half of the Gospel??

Frienuff shared it right after you...

”For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we  shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection ,

KNOWING THIS , that our OLD man is crucified with HIM , that the body OF sin might be destroyed ,that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

If you ever run across it, rhere is a good book on the subject, written by Dan Stone. It is entitled

The Rest of the Gospel-When the Partial Gospel Has Worn You Out

Great title, and I discovered it seven years or so after my own awakwning. It was written in the late 70’s I believe. Again, this is not my message, it is HIS. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Gideon said:

Is it actually possible? Can we as the church actually be blinded to a huge part of our new covenant? Indeed we can.... and we have!  Satan has had us, His church, blinded to the second half of the gospel, that He will not only forgive us, but will also take full responsibility to change us into His likeness if we but admit we truly do need the new nature He has for each one of us, natures necessary for us to walk totally pleasing to Him. 

Listen. We must understand this. Those that are in the flesh cannot please Him. He loves us, but we cannot please Him and that is a hard pill to swallow. They may truly want to, just as Paul found in Romans 7... “to will is present with me, but how to perform it, I find not.” And neither can we, even by trying our hardest to walk as He walked. There is one way to escape Romans 7 and truly walk in the power of the resurrected life of Romans 8. We must agree to let our old nature, the one that has brought misery and heartache to us all the days of our lives, die. 

But how can we do that? How do we die to self? Praise  God, He has made a way where there is no way! He took us down with Him in death, so that His death was also ours. Glory to God! He bought for us brand new natures that are pure through and through.

When we finally awake to the futility of ever trying to change ourselves, realizing that the flesh cannot.... will not... crucify the flesh, and we ‘put off’ our old corrupt natures by faith, hating even the garment stained by sin and our failing, fleshly efforts, we are finally ready to be clothed anew and truly come to understand the depth of the term “born from above”. Born again is was never meant to be a religious catch phrase.  God means it in the truest sense of the word, and when we finally see it, it is flat out mind blowing. 

When we finally humble ourselves, believing that God can and will do in us, through these new natures, what we could never do, walk in true obedience to Him. and simply step out in faith, believing that the old us has been dead ever since the day we were first saved, we can finally understand that all these years we see we have been, as Paul said, beating the air, trying to fight something that no longer exists. 

Guys, I can get no more serious. We... you... me... all saints everywhere that now walk the earth, are the blessed generation that is destined to awaken to what has been hidden from our eyes for over 1900 years. This is what powered the early church to take the world by storm. This is what caused them to walk as one, one with the Lord, one with one another. It is not ‘new age”, it is not cultish, it is not to be feared. 

What needs to be feared is us walking even one day further in a carnal nature that God has already delivered us from. Do not fear that your faith is too weak, or what He is asking you to believe is too improbable, too impossible, to good to be true. Your faith is just enough. Your weakness is your strength.

Can the gospel really be this good?  Of course! This is the God we serve. This is our destiny, and it is for every single person who loves the Lord, who wants to see light win the battle their  heart, so that God can reign supreme.. 

We have been fighting the black dog we have believed inescapable long enough. Do we get it? The black dog is dead. It is up to us to believe it. That and that alone is our part. Believe Him! Once we do that, I promise you, God will make sure we will not fail..... ever. Once He plants our feet on the highway of holiness, know this. There is no evil beast found on that highway. The weak there are strong. “And a man, though he be a fool, shall not err therein.” 

Yes, you can put this off for another day. But I pray the Holy Spirit gives you no rest until you listen to His still small voice and it grows to a deafening roar that you can no longer ignore. God is about to make us true overcomers, totally and completely victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil.

This is our birthright. It is our high calling. If we run away, He will follow us, unrelentingly, because love does that. He will not give up until we say “Yes, Lord”, I believe”.  And when we finally do, prepare to be amazed. God is about to awaken us to the truth of who we are, who we always have been, and we, His church, is about to blow Satan out of the water. About time. :)

Blessings to you, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ, 

Gideon

You are confusing the Gospel with the process of sanctification.   Nothing you said above is actually part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   What you are describing is what comes after the Gospel, the fruit of a sanctified life. 

There is no "second half" of the Gospel. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

As if sanctification isn't a part of the good news., or isn't essential to our salvation. It isn't an optional extra. It isn't an "add-on" to the gospel app to enhance it and make it more attractive or easier to use.

That Christ died for me, a sinner, and that on account of the precious blood offered in my stead, I am accounted righteous before a holy God, is indeed a wonderful marvelous thing. That such is at least part of the gospel is without doubt...but is it complete? Does that guarantee my eternal destiny to be in heaven or the new earth?

All the condemnation and penalty for my sins or transgressions have been met at the cross. I am now justified. Praise God!  But...and this is a very big BUT, such does NOT complete the atonement. Unless atonement is made, I may as well die in my sins, and/or live as a heathen. Because atonement was not made at the cross. Although it is taught, that atonement was made and finished at the cross when the Lamb of God died, and although much of the Christian world believes this is the case, and very likely including some contributing to this conversation, the acceptance and popularity of such a concept does not make it any more true, unless someone can find support for it in scripture. I see such support in none of those scriptures thus far offered. 

I think I have written of this previously, but nothing is lost if repeated. 

1. If the atonement was made at the cross of Calvary, by whom was it made? I ask this because throughout scripture we are informed that atonement is the work of a priest...are we to assume that Caiaphas or some of his cronies officiated there as priests? No, they were not offering Christ as atonement...they were murdering him as were the Roman soldiers.

2. Further to the above, the slaying of the lamb did not make atonement, because at no time did the priest slay the victim...it was always the sinner. The sinner would confess his sins over the animal, transferring his sins to the animal, then cut its throat. See Leviticus 4:1-4; 13-15 etc. After this, the priest took the blood into the sanctuary to make atonement. Levit. 4:5-12;16-21.

3. Christ was/is even now the appointed High Priest to make atonement, but could not officiate in such a capacity until after His resurrection. Certainly there is no evidence that He did such a thing while on earth. 

4. The atonement was made in the sanctuary....Calvary was not such a place....Calvary was "outside the gate".

5. According to Hebrews 8:4 Christ could not make the atonement while on earth, because He could not be a priest while on earth, not being born into the house of Levi. The Levitical priesthood was an earthly function, the heavenly priesthood like that of Melchizedek, a heavenly/divine  function.

6. Thus whatever nature atonement was, could not be accomplished by Jesus until after His ascension and entry into the heavenly sanctuary described in Hebrews., where with His own blood He now ministers as our High Priest in making atonement for us.

Thus the gospel we must share, teach, and preach on must be the full gospel in its entirety. No part or portion can be left out as if an optional extra. Only with the full gospel taught is the power of the gospel manifest in bearing fruits of righteousness in those who by nature are still sinners, but who being transformed by the renewing of their minds into the image of Christ. 

Only those who have been fully justified...fully sanctified...will be fully glorified. That is the full gospel.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, brakelite said:

As if sanctification isn't a part of the good news., or isn't essential to our salvation. It isn't an optional extra. It isn't an "add-on" to the gospel app to enhance it and make it more attractive or easier to use.

Sanctification isn't part of the Good News.   It isn't essential salvation. It is the result of salvation.   It is what happens AFTER we are saved.   

That Christ died for me, a sinner, and that on account of the precious blood offered in my stead, I am accounted righteous before a holy God, is indeed a wonderful marvelous thing. That such is at least part of the gospel is without doubt...but is it complete? Does that guarantee my eternal destiny to be in heaven or the new earth?

Yes, it does.

All the condemnation and penalty for my sins or transgressions have been met at the cross. I am now justified. Praise God!  But...and this is a very big BUT, such does NOT complete the atonement. Unless atonement is made, I may as well die in my sins, and/or live as a heathen. Because atonement was not made at the cross. Although it is taught, that atonement was made and finished at the cross when the Lamb of God died, and although much of the Christian world believes this is the case, and very likely including some contributing to this conversation, the acceptance and popularity of such a concept does not make it any more true, unless someone can find support for it in scripture. I see such support in none of those scriptures thus far offered. 

I think I have written of this previously, but nothing is lost if repeated. 

1. If the atonement was made at the cross of Calvary, by whom was it made? I ask this because throughout scripture we are informed that atonement is the work of a priest...are we to assume that Caiaphas or some of his cronies officiated there as priests? No, they were not offering Christ as atonement...they were murdering him as were the Roman soldiers.

2. Further to the above, the slaying of the lamb did not make atonement, because at no time did the priest slay the victim...it was always the sinner. The sinner would confess his sins over the animal, transferring his sins to the animal, then cut its throat. See Leviticus 4:1-4; 13-15 etc. After this, the priest took the blood into the sanctuary to make atonement. Levit. 4:5-12;16-21.

3. Christ was/is even now the appointed High Priest to make atonement, but could not officiate in such a capacity until after His resurrection. Certainly there is no evidence that He did such a thing while on earth. 

4. The atonement was made in the sanctuary....Calvary was not such a place....Calvary was "outside the gate".

5. According to Hebrews 8:4 Christ could not make the atonement while on earth, because He could not be a priest while on earth, not being born into the house of Levi. The Levitical priesthood was an earthly function, the heavenly priesthood like that of Melchizedek, a heavenly/divine  function.

6. Thus whatever nature atonement was, could not be accomplished by Jesus until after His ascension and entry into the heavenly sanctuary described in Hebrews., where with His own blood He now ministers as our High Priest in making atonement for us.

We are saved and justified solely based on the merits of Christ.   We are not saved by Jesus plus anything else.  We are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, no additional works are necessary for salvation.   Salvation is not something we earn. 

Thus the gospel we must share, teach, and preach on must be the full gospel in its entirety. No part or portion can be left out as if an optional extra. Only with the full gospel taught is the power of the gospel manifest in bearing fruits of righteousness in those who by nature are still sinners, but who being transformed by the renewing of their minds into the image of Christ. 

You don't really know what the Gospel is, in its entirety.  

Only those who have been fully justified...fully sanctified...will be fully glorified. That is the full gospel.

No, you are adding sanctification to the Gospel.   

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

We are saved and justified solely based on the merits of Christ.   We are not saved by Jesus plus anything else.  We are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone, no additional works are necessary for salvation.   Salvation is not something we earn.

For someone with so much experience on this forum, you seem to have great trouble reading. How can you possibly equate my points on Christ's ministry in heaven as our high priest with our works? Where in all my post did I mention works? Prove to me from the scriptures that the atonement was accomplished on the cross... or that the atonement that out high priest is now officiating on our behalf isn't necessary.