• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Ah!, say it ain't so, but it is, the Sphynx feline, a genetic mutation (hairless) from the sixties, cross bred/inbred  (there were a lot of mutations from the sixties...default_cool2.gif.a58432b1296ad94461f8a726abe0b3f2.gif ) The designer toy.

yj.jpg.0b90c3f246b59d9de632ebc3f5d9f0bb.jpghgf.jpg.c1efdd37eb446a50b9c8151845479c2e.jpghjhjj.jpg.49d1799d6bc7a9d42f8ac4ae9b9b893c.jpg
imagesyjj.jpg.3398399382311b4d9df1a7ea4dd5b23a.jpgyyiu.jpg.a305498d904675634c1dd7152ef1bc21.jpgyyjj.jpg.8c6784ac6b07d4cb39cbe15460a90aa0.jpg

Cute!   Gotta luv em

trtr.jpg.7d2e6542361cb66c7edf3f49f295b535.jpg

I think this guy feels humiliated...........

or, how about the

" ASHERA. Price : $15,000 – $100,000. Ashera is also a hybrid cat the African serval, the Asian leopard cat, and a domestic house cat."

f5m2-2.jpg.de27de5aa88db92e58128f098354014a.jpgsallym_med_med.jpg.cf7ad8e7270b7592f542479c109830f8.jpg

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/11/05/exotic-cat-fad-concerning-to-many-pet-experts/

Wild Cat Hybrid Fad In California Concerning To Pet Experts  (Another California morph  *sorry Yowm*:))

Exotic hybrid cats are becoming a fad among pet owners, but they pose unique challenges and can costs anywhere from $600 up to $30,000. An exotic hybrid is the result of crossbreeding a domestic cat with an exotic “wild” cat, like a wild African serval or an Asian leopard cat. You can’t privately own wild cats like a serval in California, but you can take home the next best thing: a hybrid. “It is very surprising how many people want this.” said Phyllis Reichelt, owner of PJ’s Exotic Cattery in Hercules. “They’re amazing.” At her cattery, the exotic hybrids are known by names like savannahs, jungle bobs, and Bengals. Jason Webber, from Napa, was at PJ’s to buy a Bengal kitten.
“It’s a whole lot of cat,” said Webber.
The earlier the generation, the closer the hybrid is to the bloodline of the exotic wild cat, and the wilder the hybrid’s behavior.

Wait till a pair of these  are dumped into the wild  when the 'owners' get tired of them, should be interesting.
Update;  It's already happening.

2 hours ago, HisFirst said:

* Gary Lee,

Those Sphynx cats ? they look so sad!

I saw and petted a Sphinx  at Blessing of the Animals on Olvera Street here in L.A.   Actually that cat didn't look so bad....maybe the photos are of the strangest looking Sphinx they could find?!

Also, they feel like suede when you pet them.... actually a nice feeling.   Maybe a good choice for people with allergies?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Apparrently, kitty wasnt fast enough.FB_IMG_1533440894955.jpg

Edited by The_Patriot2018

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Debp said:

I saw and petted a Sphinx  at Blessing of the Animals on Olvera Street here in L.A.   Actually that cat didn't look so bad....maybe the photos are of the strangest looking Sphinx they could find?!

Also, they feel like suede when you pet them.... actually a nice feeling.   Maybe a good choice for people with allergies?

Hadn't thought of that, and I have some allergies, only airborne pollen type. I really don't understand the hairless appeal other than they are different, unusual and rare, therefore desired. I hate to think how tough it would be for them when they are abandoned to the wild, with no outer warmth. Since I got into trouble posting in this thread about my young adolescent experience with wild cats eating my birds, I began researching some about cats and the pet industry. As we are at the top of the food chain (civilized man) it is a shame to see what we have done to the innocent 'domesticated' wild animals. I'm not talking about responsible pet owners, but the irresponsible adults that bring helpless animals home, grow tired of them and dump/discard them like an unwanted toy. Many pet and wildlife agencies estimate there are as many cats in the wild as live in homes.  And many bird species are now extinct that is attributed to them. Worldwide. I would think everybody that responds "Yes" to the OP "Do You Like Cats"would want to know that it is getting epidemic, up to 70,000,000, that's seventy million domesticated cats are running in the wild, in cities and the wilderness. The cat is the most widely owned pet in the US. I guess there are a lot of people that (initially) "Like Cats"

Every cat owner should read. http://www.wildthingssanctuary.org/cats--wildlife.html

4 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hadn't thought of that, and I have some allergies, only airborne pollen type. I really don't understand the hairless appeal other than they are different, unusual and rare, therefore desired. I hate to think how tough it would be for them when they are abandoned to the wild, with no outer warmth. Since I got into trouble posting in this thread about my young adolescent experience with wild cats eating my birds, I began researching some about cats and the pet industry. As we are at the top of the food chain (civilized man) it is a shame to see what we have done to the innocent 'domesticated' wild animals. I'm not talking about responsible pet owners, but the irresponsible adults that bring helpless animals home, grow tired of them and dump/discard them like an unwanted toy. Many pet and wildlife agencies estimate there are as many cats in the wild as live in homes.  And many bird species are now extinct that is attributed to them. Worldwide. I would think everybody that responds "Yes" to the OP "Do You Like Cats"would want to know that it is getting epidemic, up to 70,000,000, that's seventy million domesticated cats are running in the wild, in cities and the wilderness. The cat is the most widely owned pet in the US. I guess there are a lot of people that (initially) "Like Cats"

Every cat owner should read. http://www.wildthingssanctuary.org/cats--wildlife.html

Many cities, even towns, including Los Angeles have free or low cost spay/neuter programs for feral cats and pet cats.   Lots of rescue groups also seek to spay/neuter as many ferals as they can, and even find homes for some.   If people would be responsible and spay/neuter, we wouldn't have so many homeless cats and dogs.

Also, now alot of city shelters like L.A. are spay/neutering  any animal adopted before they leave the shelters.  They are even doing this to young kittens to prevent irresponsible people letting the cats breed later.  Cats can breed about every 4 months so it's a disaster if one doesn't spay/neuter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,566
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

There's something I didn't need nor do I ever want to have again; a cat's tail waving past my face as I awaken from sleep. If the tail is wagging across my face where is the rest of the critter? !!!

Been away for a fast moving week in the cooler climes of Maine USA coastline,  upon my return evidently the cat wanting  to be very near made itself into a sleeping cap for my head. !!! Augh !!! it's not even my cat, it is my bride's. Oh well nice kitty, now go away, pleez-

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

There's something I didn't need nor do I ever want to have again; a cat's tail waving past my face as I awaken from sleep. If the tail is wagging across my face where is the rest of the critter? !!!

Been away for a fast moving week in the cooler climes of Maine USA coastline,  upon my return evidently the cat wanting  to be very near made itself into a sleeping cap for my head. !!! Augh !!! it's not even my cat, it is my bride's. Oh well nice kitty, now go away, pleez-

Kitty likes you more than you realized!

Welcome back, I thought you might be on vacation.

One of my cats (now in kitty heaven) used to climb into bed and under the covers with my mom every night like clockwork!  Another of my cats in kitty heaven was so attached to me, she would hit me in the head trying to wake me up.   If that wasn't working, I suddenly felt a paw on my eyelid!   Thankfully the paw/eyelid thing didn't happen too often!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Davida said:

I know what that is like.....I couldn't set her down,  I stood and held my cat in my arms as they gave her the lethal dose.  :emot-heartbeat: ?

Having done that myself, it’s one of the hardest things one can do to an animal you love. The grief lasts for a very long time. They truly do become like family members.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Yowm said:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

That picture reminds me of those lil pictures they had us do in grammar school.     What in this picture does not belong .   I got tickled when I seen that cat .  

30 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Having done that myself, it’s one of the hardest things one can do to an animal you love. The grief lasts for a very long time. They truly do become like family members.....

and now a word of reminder .     What about all those unborn babies just ripped from the womb .    and all n the name of life , freedom and liberty .     Just let us ponder on that for a bit .

You all are loved .   

• Loved it! 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, The_Patriot2018 said:

Anyone who says they dont like cats has simply never had one cooked right.

Dinner at patriots .......................anyone ,  calling for volunteers ,  don't everyone volunteer at once .      OH MY ,   what is that on my fork,   its not cow and its not pork

OH NOOOOO,  its Garfield on my fork .