IGNORED

PETA to post billboard near border comparing cow families to migrants

ayin jade

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

including me, and my decades of experience, and what I can see around me? Dont confuse some US practices with what the rest of the world does, or many in the US do.

I wonder if you realize how would-be-superior and patronizing you are being?

Are you sure we arent just getting defensive?  We might just need to calm down

:sarc:

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

yeah, my blood sugars may be up a little, I need some protein. Nice, juicy protein.

: )))))

some of that hormonal animal fluid (milk, as described by a certain poster) just wont hit the spot today. And milk has carbs in.

Gotta keep the blood sugars level. I had a piece of pumpernicle toast with peanut butter and turkey bacon. Oh and coffee. Cant forget that yummy fresh ground coffee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, artsylady said:

Most seem to have an idea of Old McDonald's farm, in relationship to farms.
However, if new information was realized,  that from birth, most pigs raised today are confined to a cage small enough that they can do nothing but either lay down or stand up for their entire lives, would that make you rethink how much you like bacon?

When Old McDonald had a farm, the doctors were surprised, when Mary had a little lamb, they couldn't believe their eyes! 

A vegan told me they wont even eat honey. I always thought bees were insects, not animals?

Edited by HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

3 hours ago, Davida said:

My tastebuds remain :) divided as to if this would be a delicious concoction, or a terrible culinary mishap & a disgraceful misuse of a steak!

All I can say on that is, "Try it."  :)

That'll give you your answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 hours ago, artsylady said:

However, if new information was realized,  that from birth, most pigs raised today are confined to a cage small enough that they can do nothing but either lay down or stand up for their entire lives, would that make you rethink how much you like bacon?

5 hours ago, 1sheep said:

How do you know " most" people seem to have the Old MacDonald farm "ideas"? 

If you first insinuate an ignorant dumb downed  audience; your preaching sounds more convincing?

Haughtiness is unbecoming and God hates it. Your audience has left the building.

What 1sheep said.

For your info: I spent my teenage years on my uncle's off grid working ranch so I'm under no illusions about the Old MacDonald farm ideas. I'm also rather weary of an obvious agenda being pushed in many of your posts. You don't want to eat meat? Great! Then feel free to do so! We have that freedom in Christ, and from what I understand the position of Holy Spirit has been filled for some time now. All I ask is that folks don't start clubbing each other over the head with things, because that isn't going to change anyone's mind except perhaps about using the ignore list.

12 minutes ago, walla299 said:

What 1sheep said.

For your info: I spent my teenage years on my uncle's off grid working ranch so I'm under no illusions about the Old MacDonald farm ideas. I'm also rather weary of an obvious agenda being pushed in many of your posts. You don't want to eat meat? Great! Then feel free to do so! We have that freedom in Christ, and from what I understand the position of Holy Spirit has been filled for some time now. All I ask is that folks don't start clubbing each other over the head with things, because that isn't going to change anyone's mind except perhaps about using the ignore list.

Vegans tend to go overboard with their moral high ground  overatures because they are anthropomorphic. Which means they attach human qualities to animals. They attach human feelings to cows, pigs, etc. Interestingly enough, they are not quite as concerned about the fish or foul.

I am also aware that vegans suffer on a grander scale from depression, anxiety, and mental illnesses. Most vegans go back to eating meat once they have suffered  the effects physically and mentally of veganism.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

8 hours ago, artsylady said:

In a word? No. How much one likes bacon is immaterial to how the pigs are treated. How the pigs are treated may be material to some people with regards to whether or not they eat it, but not with regards to how much they like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

8 hours ago, artsylady said:

Not necessarily true.   
By the way, many vegans claim to have eradicated health issues like diabetes.  You could google this if you want.  Many people who don't want to go by the term 'vegan', for understandable reasons, go for a plant based diet in order to bring them back to optimal health.

The main problem with this is that people's claims do not equate what is realistic. I'm sure there are people who have reversed type 2 diabetes by going on a totally vegan diet that helped them lose weight and get healthier and so forth. I'm also sure there are people who have done the same by eating a healthy diet that includes plenty of factory farm raised chickens, etc.

One could go vegan or "plant based" in their diet and replace the meat they stop eating with a ton of refined sugar and grains and develop diabetes that they didn't have before as well. There are many studies that show that certain diets can reverse type II diabetes, but they are lot more dependent upon the calories contained therein, the fat content, and combination of complex sugars, carbs, protein, etc.

In other words, if the goal is to get rid of type II diabetes for any given person, there are many options for this and no plant based diet has been proven to be more effective than one that contains meat (to my knowledge). Also, as I said, implying folks can go vegan and get rid of diabetes could lead to it getting far worse if the wrong vegan choices are made. You can eat tasty chocolate cake for every single meal without a single animal product in it.

My primary suggestion would be that people see their doctor about this or consult a licensed nutritionist of some sort, rather than using google and going off folks' anecdotal experiences.

2 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You've never had chicken-fried steak?  I don't think it is a completely Midwestern thing, but it's big in the mid-west.  I've never tried to make it because if fried chicken doesn't come out right for me, chicken fried steak won't either.  But if you use the right steak and get the breading right, and the gravy, it's awesome.  Anything with gravy is awesome.

Awe I can teach you! Im from Tx so I grew up on southern food. I think I make it better than the restaurants. My mom was a great cook and taught me well.

I agree that ANYTHING with homemade gravy is awesome! 

20 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I can do a mean biscuits and gravy, but I have failed at fried chicken a couple of times.  Not that it didn't taste good, but the breading didn't stay on the chicken.

The trick is how you dip. Some say with chicken to first dip in flour then egg then back to flour. Dont turn it until golden brown. And pray! Lol