IGNORED

By what standards does God judge people?

Ogner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1‭-‬2 NIV

I pray to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me. Without love, mercy and justice...

is this right?

Edited by Ogner

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Who does not love those that love them? What glory is there in that?

If I hold  no mercy nor forgiveness for another that that has  trespassed ( sinned against me), that is their total punishment. I have taken up the mantle reserved for God. Better for me to forgive that sin against me seven times seventy times, and let God deal with others as He deems fit to do, in light of my own prayer that they be forgiven, and that others will also forgive me.

May it be that I appreciate our Lord Jesus covering my sin, paying the price of them in full so that I am seen by God the Father as white as snow, found to be mature in the Lord.

The Lord's Prayer

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.  But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.  Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven
hallowed be your name.
 Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
 Give us this day our daily bread,
 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As to God's standard, it is perfection.

and, none are perfect as each has fallen short!

It is by Jesus alone, His sacrifice on the cross, His resurrection and ascension, that  any are saved. Those known  from before the beginning and given to Jesus the God Shepherd who does not lose a one.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Only if you expect to be judged by that same standard. Do you?

Make your point, Yowm.

People judge me without love, mercy and justice...  I don't judge anyone. But I pray   to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me. Without love, mercy and justice ...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,941
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Make your point, Yowm.

People judge me without love, mercy and justice...  I don't judge anyone. But I pray   to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me. Without love, mercy and justice ...

14 hours ago, Ogner said:
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1‭-‬2 NIV
I pray to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me. Without love, mercy and justice...is this right?

Hi Ogner, How's that working for you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Ogner said:

Make your point, Yowm.

If you are a member of the Body of Christ, God placed the judgement that you deserve on His Son....in exchange you got His Righteousness.....pretty good deal.....I hope you are a part of His Body

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Ogner said:

Make your point, Yowm.

So when you judge others by a similar bad standard you wish God to judge you by that bad standard too...  If you ask God to have no mercy or love or justice upon others you must accept the same standards upon yourself ,, right???  It would be Hypocrisy to ask God to judge us with love  and mercy and at the same time ask Him to judge others without love or mercy... Correct?

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

You said, “people judge you without love, mercy and justice”...that there is a judgment on your part.

Do you expect to be judged by the same standard you just used to make your judgment?

People judge me without love, mercy and justice .. . They hate me for no reason and wish me harm. They do not ask me to forgive them. And they're happy when can hurt me.

I wasn't trying to hurt'em. I just pray  to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me.

And I only repeat 7 psalm of David

Lord my God, if I have done this and there is guilt on my hands—  if I have repaid my ally with evil or without cause have robbed my foe—  then let my enemy pursue and overtake me; let him trample my life to the ground and make me sleep in the dust.  Arise, Lord , in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies. Awake, my God; decree justice.
Psalm 7:3‭-‬6 

Is that bad? Why?

Edited by Ogner

35 minutes ago, Adstar said:

So when you judge others by a similar bad standard you wish God to judge you by that bad standard too...  If you ask God to have no mercy or love or justice upon others you must accept the same standards upon yourself ,, right???  It would be Hypocrisy to ask God to judge us with love  and mercy and at the same time ask Him to judge others without love or mercy... Correct?

No! 

I just pray  to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me . If you choose love, go with it. If you choose  hate and enmity, go with it.

Edited by Ogner

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Ogner said:

No! 

I just pray  to God that He judges people by the standard they choose to show me . If you choose love, go with it. If you choose  hate and enmity, go with it.

No! We are each judged by the measure with which we judge Ogner. That means those who judge you without love WILL be judged without love.

Galatians 6:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

We each reap what we sow. If love, we reap love, if evil, we reap evil. 

You need to forgive those who mean you evil; sowing forgiveness gets you forgiveness. Your issue is not with them but with yourself.

1 Corinthians 11:31 New King James Version (NKJV)

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.

Cheers Brother! :amen: