IGNORED

Can a woman lay hands on a man in prayer?

*Zion*

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Our pastor knows about it, I have no idea if he's talking to him about it or not.  All I know is that he's not part of the ministering team at church, these prayer times happen apparently as a result of personal evangelism :S creepier than in a church setting, if you ask me.  He's married and everything.  Smh.

Just curious.  How many times a week have you been seriously spending time in prayer for him, each week, since you first felt this way? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Would you not consider sexual deviancies, or the results of such Satan-intended perversions of God's plan for man, to be something quite important for us to pray for and to do all we can to heal in our society?

The tougher and "dirty" things that exist in this life are not places and times where we should hide our heads and pretend that as Christians, they are just beneath us getting our hands dirty by stooping to help if it is at all possible... or even fearing admitting they are all around us and need to be addressed.  Jesus reached right out and embraced a leper, one of the most "taboo" things He ever did in that society.  He went into a graveyard to heal a naked raving lunatic that the entire society of "good people" shunned and ignored... as though he really wasn't there.

I think anyone in sin no mater what it is should be prayed for. Be that a sexual sin, or the sin of having a hateful heart towards someone. We were all sinners. And Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

2 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Just curious.  How many times a week have you been seriously spending time in prayer for him, each week, since you first felt this way? 

I prayed until I felt a spiritual release.  I left it with the Lord in faith.  I brought it up in this post to provide context, not to gossip.  I've seen what gossip does, it's not pretty.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, *Zion* said:

I prayed until I felt a spiritual release.  I left it with the Lord in faith.  I brought it up in this post to provide context, not to gossip.  I've seen what gossip does, it's not pretty.

Good. I am glad of that.  But, there is nothing out of line for you, or better yet, your husband, to go to this man and sit with him out at coffee some morning... and ask if he has given any further consideration to your words of years (months?) ago.   Stay with him and be a friend rather than just an accuser.  Many of us take the easy way, and get all gung-ho in "exposing" people instead of "being one who lovingly restores them."   (I think I read that concept in a big black book somewhere.)

13 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I think anyone in sin no mater what it is should be prayed for. Be that a sexual sin, or the sin of having a hateful heart towards someone. We were all sinners. And Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

Unfortunately, this stuff often takes more.  I became a representative of the court, meeting weekly with, eventually, more than 3,500 Offenders (both male and female) over a 24 year period.  This thing requires that we (someone) develop a rapport with them on a fairly personal basis.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Willie T said:

Good. I am glad of that.  But, there is nothing out of line for you, or better yet, your husband, to go to this man and sit with him out at coffee some morning... and ask if he has given any further consideration to your words of years (months?) ago.   Stay with him and be a friend rather than just an accuser.  Many of us take the easy way, and get all gung-ho in "exposing" people instead of "being one who lovingly restores them."   (I think I read that concept in a big black book somewhere.)

He doesn't want to listen.  That is why I have left him to God.  It really may be that he's just a nice guy with a bad sense of humour who just loves praying for women in particular.  It really is possible.  Probable?  I don't know.  Not my place to say, but again, the power of first impressions is significant. 

I haven't tried to expose anything, you don't know his name or anything else about him.  Should I have not mentioned that such a man exists?  I think it's pertinent to know that he does.  But that's just me.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Unfortunately, this stuff often takes more.  I became a representative of the court, meeting weekly with, eventually, more than 3,500 Offenders (both male and female) over a 24 year period.  This thing requires that we (someone) develop a rapport with them on a fairly personal basis.

I have no issue with this. I know of have known people from all walks of life. No one is too far gone for the love of Jesus.     (I am not sure how this thread got on this  topic but I will just go with it I guess)

Just now, *Zion* said:

He doesn't want to listen.  That is why I have left him to God.  It really may be that he's just a nice guy with a bad sense of humour who just loves praying for women in particular.  It really is possible.  Probable?  I don't know.  Not my place to say, but again, the power of first impressions is significant. 

I haven't tried to expose anything, you don't know his name or anything else about him.  Should I have not mentioned that such a man exists?  I think it's pertinent to know that he does.  But that's just me.

Please don't get defensive if my words seem too direct.  I, long ago passed the point of PC pussy-footing around.  I am sorry if you think I was hammering you personally....  But although those of you who have been on this specific forum for a long time may no longer notice it, "exposing  people" is a shockingly disappointing theme that stands out here, and a priority that is widely espoused here, and it is also something that is spoken of by visitors to this forum, netwide.  That tendency is what I was addressing.

Just now, LadyKay said:

I have no issue with this. I know of have known people from all walks of life. No one is too far gone for the love of Jesus.     (I am not sure how this thread got on this  topic but I will just go with it I guess)

It got here because EVERYTHING sick and sad is something that needs God's healing.

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

Please don't get defensive if my words seem too direct.  I, long ago passed the point of PC pussy-footing around.  I am sorry if you think I was hammering you personally....  But although those of you who have been on this specific forum for a long time may no longer notice it, "exposing  people" is a shockingly disappointing theme that stands out here, and a priority that is widely espoused here, and it is also something that is spoken of by visitors to this forum, netwide.  That tendency is what I was addressing.

No defensiveness, but I have a phobia of lack of clarity.  That's what I was trying to avoid.  Forgive me if I have come across too sharp.

• Thumbs Up 1