• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

23 hours ago, Debp said:

Since my other topic was locked, I wanted to respond to what Shiloh posted about the NYC Hillsong Church.   I am truly shocked that they had gay worship leaders, even engaged to each other...and the other things Shiloh posted, shocking as well.

When I told my neighbor (she had gone to Hillsong NYC before L.A.), that I had left churches that promoted the gay stuff as being right...she responded to me "Are you Methodist?" I was surprised....I said no, I'm a conservative born again Christian!    Now I am nderstanding more of what the Hillsong Church she is involved with believes.  Very surprising to say the least!:o

Many of the high churches are now like Hillsong NYC. The Presybeterian Church has a schismed over ordination and condoning same sex relationships: Presybeterian Church U.S.A has 1.7 million adherents (2017), and accept same sex relationships and ordains same sex pastors while Presybeterian Church of America (PCA) holds to traditional Christian values and Biblical beliefs on same sex and it’s adhersnds are 374,736 (2017). The Lutheran Church has the same schism, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is pro-same sex with 4 million members (2017) while The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod boasts 2 million members (2017) and has remained faithful to the beliefs of the Holy Bible on same sex. 

The Methodist Church has split on the same issue as well as the Anglican (Episcopal) Church, although last I heard the Anglican Church compromised and now approves across the board same sex ordination. 

-Data, Wikipedia 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Many of the high Churches gravitate towards the sensual (smells and bells/sights and sounds) aspect of worship, so it is little wonder they are led into 'what feels good' rather than 'what says the Lord'. 

It is grievous. Many of the founders of these churches, Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox, and etc would roll in their graves (with disgust). 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Not sure but I think many of those who followed the above list, took the wrong step when they started putting more emphasis on their 'Confessions of Faith' e.g. Book of Concord, the Westminster, the Belgic etc., rather than God's Word.

Indeed. Luther began Solae Scriptura but then drifted into Prima Scriptura when He supported Transubstantiation which was ratified by the Roman Catholic Church Council of Trent. Our Confessions of Faith should be in Scripture, not the musings of men to quote Luther, “who so often have contradicted themselves.” We stand with Scripture which is God breathed (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21). 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,359
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Many of the high churches are now like Hillsong NYC. The Presybeterian Church has a schismed over ordination and condoning same sex relationships: Presybeterian Church U.S.A has 1.7 million adherents (2017), and accept same sex relationships and ordains same sex pastors while Presybeterian Church of America (PCA) holds to traditional Christian values and Biblical beliefs on same sex and it’s adhersnds are 374,736 (2017). The Lutheran Church has the same schism, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is pro-same sex with 4 million members (2017) while The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod boasts 2 million members (2017) and has remained faithful to the beliefs of the Holy Bible on same sex. 

The Methodist Church has split on the same issue as well as the Anglican (Episcopal) Church, although last I heard the Anglican Church compromised and now approves across the board same sex ordination. 

-Data, Wikipedia 

Yes, I heard the PCA (Presbyterian Church America) is Bible believing.  It's the PCUSA that is liberal.  Many years ago there were groups or congregations from the PCUSA that were fighting against the liberal beliefs but to no avail.  Alot of those congregations left the PCUSA.

I know the people involved with this story so it is true: Years ago a young woman who had been  a lesbian came to Christ, was born again, no longer a lesbian.  She even studied to become a pastor.   At the PCUSA yearly conference, she stood up to speak, wanted to give her testimony of coming to Christ and being delivered from lesbianism.   Well, the attendees at the conference shouted her down...they would not let her speak.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Debp said:

Yes, I heard the PCA (Presbyterian Church America) is Bible believing.  It's the PCUSA that is liberal.  Many years ago there were groups or congregations from the PCUSA that were fighting against the liberal beliefs but to no avail.  Alot of those congregations left the PCUSA.

I know the people involved with this story so it is true: Years ago a young woman who had been  a lesbian came to Christ, was born again, no longer a lesbian.  She even studied to become a pastor.   At the PCUSA yearly conference, she stood up to speak, wanted to give her testimony of coming to Christ and being delivered from lesbianism.   Well, the attendees at the conference shouted her down...they would not let her speak.

Doesn't it kind of boil down to simply which group she gets ostracized by, and for what?

Edited by Willie T

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

‘Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? 
Be not deceived
.. neither fornicators, 
.... nor idolaters, 
...... nor adulterers, 
........ nor effeminate, 
.......... nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
............ nor thieves, 
.............. nor covetous, 
................ nor drunkards, 
.................. nor revilers, 
.................... nor extortioners, 
...................... shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you
but ye are washed, 
but ye are sanctified, 
but ye are justified 
in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
All things are lawful unto me, 
.. but all things are not expedient: 
all things are lawful for me, 
.. but I will not be brought under the power of any.

(1 Cor. 6:9-12)  

Praise God!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto Him a woman taken in adultery; 
and when they had set her in the midst, they say unto Him, 
“Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: 
but what sayest thou?

This they said, tempting Him, that they might have to accuse Him. 
But Jesus stooped down, 
and with His finger wrote on the ground, as though He heard them not.
So when they continued asking Him, He lifted up Himself, and said unto them, 
“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”
And again He stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
And they which heard it, 
being convicted by their own conscience, 
went out one by one, 
beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: 
and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
When Jesus had lifted up Himself, and saw none but the woman, 
He said unto her, “Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?”
She said, “No man, Lord.” 
And Jesus said unto her, “Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.“’

(Joh 8:3-11)  

Praise God!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

It crosses my mind sometimes how often the Bible states that gluttony is a sin.  I wonder what the average build and weight of pew-sitting Christians is, and yet they absolutely refuse to stop gorging themselves.  I guess if it is not specifically a moral issue, it is OK?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,355
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, Willie T said:

It crosses my mind sometimes how often the Bible states that gluttony is a sin.  I wonder what the average build and weight of pew-sitting Christians is, and yet they absolutely refuse to stop gorging themselves.  I guess if it is not specifically a moral issue, it is OK?

deflection serves no purpose but to increase the confusion of sin already at hand... all sin is error and should be fought against by the children of God! But the topic here is an immoral false doctrine church claiming to have truth!

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

deflection serves no purpose but to increase the confusion of sin already at hand... all sin is error and should be fought against by the children of God! But the topic here is an immoral false doctrine church claiming to have truth!

No, actually the OP was about a woman here believing a falsehood told to her by another poster... period.